As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My Posts Break Tables

SilentCoconutSilentCoconut Registered User regular
For some reason, my posts are breaking the table and extending into a single, long line rather then wrapping around. See my post in this thread for an example, though it will likely happen to this post as well. And it might just be on my end, but it's happened on two different operating systems, now (XP SP3 and Windows 7).

SilentCoconut on

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    For some reason, my posts are breaking the table and extending into a single, long line rather then wrapping around. See my post in this thread for an example, though it will likely happen to this post as well. And it might just be on my end, but it's happened on two different operating systems, now (XP SP3 and Windows 7).

It displays the same as any other post on my end (Firefox 3.0.10 on Ubuntu).

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Steam's sigs are fucked up, your sig is a 1x30000 white line. Delete your sig until Steam fixes their shit if you want to stop being a H-bar rapist.

I noticed the same thing with some other forumers, but figured Steam would be quick on the ball to fix all this.

Aldo on
  • SilentCoconutSilentCoconut Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sweet, thanks. I didn't even remember that I had a signature, let alone that it was broken.

SilentCoconut on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    Steam's sigs are fucked up, your sig is a 1x30000 white line. Delete your sig until Steam fixes their shit if you want to stop being a H-bar rapist.

I noticed the same thing with some other forumers, but figured Steam would be quick on the ball to fix all this.

Those signatures aren't official. They're created by some guy from these forums and he changed the domain the sigs were hosted on at some point. The 1x3000 image was most likely to get people to make a new one at the new domain.

Peewi on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2009
    Peewi wrote: »
    Those signatures aren't official. They're created by some guy from these forums and he changed the domain the sigs were hosted on at some point. The 1x3000 image was most likely to get people to make a new one at the new domain.

Because somehow that was imagined to work better than a 250x50 image saying "hey, update your sig."

Echo on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    I would imagine that it is indeed more effective. Not necessarily a better choice though.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I would imagine that it is indeed more effective. Not necessarily a better choice though.
    How? It's less effective, but more obnoxious.

Thanatos on
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I actually noticed a very similar issue when I tried to post a reply to someone from my Blackberry web-browser. It doesn't handle various forum tools very well, such as "Spoiler" tags and whatnot. When typing a reply, it kept going on in one line rather than wrapping down, and after posting it... although it wrapped properly, it repeated a few words here and there.

Just my 2 cents, I don't expect the forums to comply with Blackberry standards.

GPIA7R on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

More pressure applied more quickly from more sources.

If you just change the image to something low key advising of the new url, no one cares.

You adopt a sig image that is guaranteed to break any forum's rules and now you have everyone and their uncle bitching at you to change that thing yesterday.

Dickish - yes
    Counterproductive - perhaps
    Effective - apparently

At any rate, was it intentional on the part of the sig host? I have no idea.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

More pressure applied more quickly from more sources.

If you just change the image to something low key advising of the new url, no one cares.

You adopt a sig image that is guaranteed to break any forum's rules and now you have everyone and their uncle bitching at you to change that thing yesterday.

Dickish - yes
    Counterproductive - perhaps
    Effective - apparently

At any rate, was it intentional on the part of the sig host? I have no idea.
    Actually, it just makes people report it, which makes us (the mods) have to edit it to something saying "your hosting is broken." Dickish, yes. Obnoxious, yes. Same end result as the much less obnoxious, less dickish version? Yes.

I wonder if Ramius can just filter out images from both the old hosting and the new new hosting, so that neither are loaded? That would fix everyone's problems.

Who's hosting is that, anyhow?

Thanatos on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Got'im
    Nothing can stop my search efforts.

Antimatter on
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I don't think he did change it on purpose, since he made the hosting switch quite a while ago and the sigs WERE all changed to "new hosting now at blah blah blah"

Asiina on