[FFXI] December Update Patch notes. 1up press interview. KWEH!!?!?!1one

1565758596062»

Posts

  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    At this point, it's probably just easier to get A Crystalline Prophecy and get the custom augmented thinger at the end that can be turned into an Assault Jerkin substitute. I know several people who've done just that.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ohh yeah, I forgot about that. Just slap 10acc on that and you're in business.

    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    As a Taru I'd still rather have the AJ's +ATK, but yeah, a Nuevo Coselte (sp?) as an imitation Hauby is on the list.

    Murphy on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh yeah, new 1up Developer Interview by James Mielke, or "Wherein James Mielke asks how awesome Square's game is; Square responds: 'So awesome'".

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    korodullin wrote: »
    Oh yeah, new 1up Developer Interview by James Mielke, or "Wherein James Mielke asks how awesome Square's game is; Square responds: 'So awesome'".

    Those are pretty much the only interviews they do. Just check out the user submitted questions they always select at fan fest.

    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just found it kind of ho-hum after the savaging Mielke gave ACP.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Still no questions about the 6(?) year old UI and user updates to it. Nothing about the ridiculous HNM camping and retarded drop rates for nearly everything in the game. Nothing on class balance for end game activities, we still have job classes that are simply not welcome to end game. No myth busting for anything like the effect of TH on r/ex items, moon phase, ninja changes to gardening, facing directions while crafting, etc. etc.
    I wonder if SE says they won't be taking questions on stuff like that or if people giving the interviews just don't play the game a whole lot.

    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well Mielke's pretty much the only games journalist who actually plays the thing, and he's not about to chance burning any bridges with Japanese devs by actually asking hardball questions.

    To be honest, I'm pretty astounded that so much of FFXI's mechanics are still completely hidden away and few to no people how they work, even after so long. The game's so far along at this point and Square likely has a few years invested in the development of a new MMO, so big changes like a UI overhaul are probably out of the question. I half-wonder if Square should actually give out details on a lot of these mystery mechanics and old wives' tales would impact subs at all, either positively or negatively.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    korodullin wrote: »
    Well Mielke's pretty much the only games journalist who actually plays the thing, and he's not about to chance burning any bridges with Japanese devs by actually asking hardball questions.

    To be honest, I'm pretty astounded that so much of FFXI's mechanics are still completely hidden away and few to no people how they work, even after so long. The game's so far along at this point and Square likely has a few years invested in the development of a new MMO, so big changes like a UI overhaul are probably out of the question. I half-wonder if Square should actually give out details on a lot of these mystery mechanics and old wives' tales would impact subs at all, either positively or negatively.

    I don't think it would impact subs except in the case of bringing a treasure hunter along, most of the /sub benefits are stated in the game and are pretty easy to test.

    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Subscriptions, not subjobs.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • King KongKing Kong Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Started playing after a year break again today. My Taru MNK doing Asuran Fists is still the most awesome thing ever.

    King Kong on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    TheStig wrote: »
    Still no questions about the 6(?) year old UI and user updates to it. Nothing about the ridiculous HNM camping and retarded drop rates for nearly everything in the game. Nothing on class balance for end game activities, we still have job classes that are simply not welcome to end game. No myth busting for anything like the effect of TH on r/ex items, moon phase, ninja changes to gardening, facing directions while crafting, etc. etc.
    I wonder if SE says they won't be taking questions on stuff like that or if people giving the interviews just don't play the game a whole lot.

    What do you mean? Is that a joke? Does the direction you're facing really affect your crafting?

    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's not a joke. It's widely believed that whichever way you're facing helps improve synth results. It's been explained somewhere how each direction corresponds to a different element and facing it while synthing helps. Square will neither prove nor disprove it. They enjoy watching people squirm.

    I don't believe it, personally, but I know many do.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    I don't believe it either, but many crafters in my linkshell do.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wow... Sounds like a load of shit to me, but knowing Square, I'm not going to just brush it off as something that isn't possible. I personally wish they would take a page from WoW's book and allow a custom UI with add-ons. That was the one thing that I personally loved about WoW. It would make the game so much more enjoyable.

    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Wow... Sounds like a load of shit to me, but knowing Square, I'm not going to just brush it off as something that isn't possible. I personally wish they would take a page from WoW's book and allow a custom UI with add-ons. That was the one thing that I personally loved about WoW. It would make the game so much more enjoyable.

    Yeah, decking out your UI in wow was actually more fun then the rest of the game. If SE releases another MMO and states that they will support custom UI add-ons I'll be all over it. They should actually explain how the game works too, I don't understand why they're so unwilling to do it.

    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    So who wants the new thread first post?

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

    [strike]A permanent service now rather than the old 'return to Vanadiel' campaigns they used to do?[/strike]

    -Yes

    (I read guud dur)

    Fryhole on
  • ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So who wants the new thread first post?

    I'll do it

    Along with a fancy new OP

    And by "fancy new OP" I mean "a slightly different OP"

    Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
Sign In or Register to comment.