As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bayonetta E3 trailer: 60 fps LOCKED

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Funny how often people point out when a female character is sexy, but never note that most male protagonists are very fit and attractive themselves...

What are you talking about? Chris Red.... Leon Kenne.... Dant... STOP MAKING SENSE!

urahonky on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Funny how often people point out when a female character is sexy, but never note that most male protagonists are very fit and attractive themselves...

That's because the ultra-fit characters presented to us in various media are causing body dismorphic disorder in men just the same way the 100 pound hollywood eyecandy is causing women to starve themselves. Nobody likes to talk about their shameful secrets.

Robman on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    urahonky wrote: »

What are you talking about? Chris Red.... Leon Kenne.... Dant... STOP MAKING SENSE!

Almost (emphasis on that) the entire male cast of Dead or Alive. Hayabusa has a huge female following, then again he got his own games too, heh.

The same could be said about most big 3D fighters (though I suppose Voldo is pretty much the image of an unattractive, unhealthy male character). Anyway, I'll join Preacher. STOP MAKING SENSE! MY WORLD IS COLLAPSING! :lol:

Synthesis on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

Men can't be objectified, silly!

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Robman wrote: »

That's because the ultra-fit characters presented to us in various media are causing body dismorphic disorder in men just the same way the 100 pound hollywood eyecandy is causing women to starve themselves. Nobody likes to talk about their shameful secrets.

It is hilarious how often men are overlooked with regards to body issues. Generally men don't develop bulimia or starve themselves down to 60 pounds, but part of that is because the body type they are going for does not benefit from those two things.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Robman wrote: »

It is hilarious how often men are overlooked with regards to body issues. Generally men don't develop bulimia or starve themselves down to 60 pounds, but part of that is because the body type they are going for does not benefit from those two things.

That's because generally the male BDD is somewhat healthy (although the amount of protein some people nom down is borderline kidney/liver failure territory), until you get these 300 pound muscle men who are so absurdly big that they can't wipe their own asses.

Robman on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The image is healthy, what men do to attain is borderline unhealthy (steroids, saline injections) it just doesn't get publicized as often.

Anyway Bayonetta, uhh shooting dudes with her feet innovation!

I think this just proves that someone at capcom specifically prevents interesting ideas from flourishing. I mean dead space was a better more fun third person shooter than RE 5, Bayonetta looks to be more fun than DMC 4. Will Dead Rising 2 break the capcom curse of crappy next gen sequels because its developed by someone else?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Lionhart617Lionhart617 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Capcom used to be one of my top favorite companies back in the PS2 days.

Modern Capcom isn't worth a shit. It's obvious all they care about is $$$.

I know every company wants to make money. They're businesses, not charities.

However, when all you care about is $$, you end up making bad games, as i've witnessed many a time this gen (and last.)

I bought RE5. It was an okay buy, and it was worth $60 to me. However, was it anywhere near RE4? Hell. No. Fuck. No. Same with DMC4. Good game. Worth the $60. Was it anywhere near DMC3 or 1?

Hell no. Fuck no. Shit no.

FUCK no.

Street Fighter IV, Bionic Commando, Lost Planet. I don't give a shit about any of them.

Capcom is becoming last gen's EA.

Lionhart617 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    ...Except Monster Hunter. I still want a Monster Hunter PS3.

Fucking stupid sons of bitches put it on the Wii though.

Wii is such a shit console.

Lionhart617 on
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    WTF? Capcom is one of my favorite companies this gen. I've been pretty consistently happy with what they've brought me.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    At least it wasn't DMC2. :D

Personally, I didn't think DMC4 was so hot (let's just say, there were better alternatives on the same platforms).

*innocent whistling*

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    "WTF? Capcom is one of my favorite companies this gen. I've been pretty consistently happy with what they've brought me."

Well it's not like my opinion is fact. It's the way I feel about Capcom. Compared to their performance last year, they suck BAD.

And yeah. At least it wasn't DMC2. You're definately right about that.

...Great. Have to wait 50 seconds to post this. Who makes you wait 150 seconds in between posts? -_-

15 seconds. ..Hurry the fuck up.

5 seconds.

1 second.

Lionhart617 on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    WTF? Capcom is one of my favorite companies this gen. I've been pretty consistently happy with what they've brought me.

I'm wondering why the suckiness or lack thereof of Capcom's games this gen is relevant to a discussion of a game being developed by folks who left Capcom after last gen and is being published by Sega.

Oh, and she has guns! On her tits...er...glasses...er...feet!

Lawndart on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

However, when all you care about is $$, you end up making bad games, as i've witnessed many a time this gen (and last.)

I bought RE5. It was an okay buy, and it was worth $60 to me. However, was it anywhere near RE4? Hell. No. Fuck. No. Same with DMC4. Good game. Worth the $60. Was it anywhere near DMC3 or 1?

FUCK no.

Street Fighter IV, Bionic Commando, Lost Planet. I don't give a shit about any of them.

That's great and all, but this is being developed by Platinum Games, and it's the lovechild of Kamiya (you know, the guy who did DMC1, the one you really liked).
    ...Great. Have to wait 50 seconds to post this. Who makes you wait 150 seconds in between posts? -_-

5 seconds.

1 second.

Serious question: Are you high?

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm wondering why you keep playing internet police just because of a minor off topic discussion that would end MORE QUICKLY if you wouldn't talk about it.

So what if it's off topic? It'll last about 6-7 posts usually, and it's still somewhat related to the discussion.

I'm wondering why the hell you don't just ignore me. Jesus christ. People.

24 seconds....

Come on...COME ON!!!!!!!

14 seconds.

Boy, this is sounding like John's radio conversations from InFamous.

Lionhart617 on
  • Options
    TigTig Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i'm pretty sure that trailer just reinvented ridiculousness

Tig on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Lunker wrote: »

FUCK no.

That's great and all, but this is being developed by Platinum Games, and it's the lovechild of Kamiya (you know, the guy who did DMC1, the one you really liked).

5 seconds.

1 second.

I was only responding to someone else's question. I'm going to buy Bayonetta. I think it looks fucking awesome. I know it isn't being made by Capcom. People, try reading upward to see whats going on before jumping in halfway like you saw everything.

No, i'm not high. I'm fucking impatient with bullshit. :p

74 seconds? WHAT THE FUCK.

...Got a text message. Let's reply to that.

..Girlfriend sent me ":/...." and I dont even know why.

I replied.

19 seconds. ..Hmmm.

6 seconds.

Lionhart617 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »

I'm wondering why the suckiness or lack thereof of Capcom's games this gen is relevant to a discussion of a game being developed by folks who left Capcom after last gen and is being published by Sega.

Oh, and she has guns! On her tits...er...glasses...er...feet!

This is even funnier when I imagine Abe Simpson yelling it.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Tig wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure that trailer just reinvented awesomeness

a bit more accurate

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    My bad. I wasn't responding to someone else's question. I meant I was expanding upon what they had said about Capcom. ...Why can't I edit.

45. fucking. seconds.

Lionhart617 on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

Perhaps the "between posts" counter is longer for people who are in jail?

I've never had any trouble with it.

Though I suppose it's often a minute or more between my posts, especially within one thread.

Edit: though I have to admit, I haven't seen someone post a countdown like this since the WoW General Forums.

Take that as you wish.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i'm pretty sure that trailer just defined a new fetish--the Long-Haired S&M Gun-totting Librarian

a bit more accurate

Even more accurate.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Lunker wrote: »

FUCK no.

5 seconds.

1 second.

HIGH AS A FUCKING KITE, YES
    I believe that translation is about as close as I can get in stoner terms.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Eh, probably.

92 seconds.

Lionhart617 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Synthesis wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure that trailer just defined a new fetish--the Long-Haired S&M Gun-totting Librarian

a bit more accurate

Even more accurate.

Almost positive thats already a fetish

redefined my ass

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

a bit more accurate

Even more accurate.

redefined my ass

I'll admit, being the prude I am, I am way behind on my fetishes.

I mean, I've never even found librarians sexually arousing. It must come from being the product of a different culture..... D:

Synthesis on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

a bit more accurate

Even more accurate.

redefined my ass

It is. Well maybe not the Gun-totting part, but the rest certainly is. :winky:

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Eh, probably.

92 seconds.

maybe if you stopped doing stupid shit like posting about the waiting times of posts you wouldn't have been jailed

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Not a good trade off :D

Lionhart617 on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

I mean, I've never even found librarians sexually arousing. It must come from being the product of a different culture..... D:

Wait, they have cultures where librarians aren't fetish fuel?

God bless America. And Japan. And various and sundry other nation states.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »

Wait, they have cultures where librarians aren't fetish fuel?

God bless America. And Japan. And various and sundry other nation states.

I grew up in a country where librarians are primarily bored old ladies with wrinkly faces or skinny bespectacled men in their thirties waiting between job searches.

Neither is very sexually attractive. I'm sorry. :(

DREAM-SHATTERED REVELATION: Japanese librarians are like this too.

Then again, I've never found guns sexual arousing either. Long hair is fine though.

Except when it's that long. And full of dandruff and oil and dirt. And split ends. But I've already covered this.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hey guys. Internet police here. You can't be talking about Librarians. It's not Bayonetta! *cries*

Lionhart617 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Jesus, just stop talking Lionhart. I have to finally step in and say something. Shut the computer off and walk away from it. Please. You're not funny at all. Your posts cause me to get a headache.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Man this thread went from interesting discussion about sexual image issues in games to full retard. Fuck you, Lionhart617.

Robman on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm in a computer class. It'll be over in about 20 minutes. You'll have to put up with me until then.

Use the ignore function. Or common sense.

Also, lmao at people getting pissed at me over the internet. Find something else to do.

Lionhart617 on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I haven't gotten a chance to see this in its 60FPS glory (my work computer doesn't have the right codecs) but I will say that I enjoy seeing stupid awesome action games that know they're fully stupid awesome. Like, I fell in love with DMC3 from the first cutscene, where he shoots the demon and then skateboards around on his back while blazing with both guns, and it has the slow-mo billiard balls flying around and him beating up the jukebox. I didn't pick up DMC4, and I don't know if my wife would string me up for the hilariously juvenile crotch and ass shots, but I can respect Bayonetta for knowing exactly what it is.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oh I have you on ignore. I just saw that you posted about 80 times in the past two pages and I had to see what kind of stupid you were spreading. Brought me down to your level I suppose.

Anyway. Bayonetta is a Day 1 for me... Though getting married might make things like buying games more difficult. I'll just have to build up some karma.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    Anyway. Bayonetta is a Day 1 for me... Though getting married might make things like buying games more difficult. I'll just have to build up some karma.

I do not envy you. I would just have to make peace with myself if I wanted to pick up Bayonetta (still on the fence about it, along with many other games).

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    No, see, I have common sense at my level. You guys keep wanting the Bayonetta discussion to keep going and you keep talking to me. It's almost hilarious.

Lionhart617 on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Holy christ. That looks intense. I don't know if my brain will be able to keep up with this game. But it will have to try. Day one rental. Then I'll forget to take it back on time and end up owning it anyway. Everyone wins.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
This discussion has been closed.