As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Raid Ant and Roach spray around pets?

ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Long story short, I sprayed some today on the carpet to kill off some pesky invaders that took advantage of my open windows.

Concerned how safe it is for my pets. Especially considering how they like to lay around on the aforementioned carpet.

Is there anything to be concerned about if I let the stuff dry and let the room air out for a few hours? Or should I do something else before I let the beasties go back into their favorite lounging area?

Buttcleft on

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Look up the active ingredients of the specific pesticide you used, and see if they affect mammals. The one I use is "industrial grade" so to say, it's used for tick baths on cows, it's terribly deadly for insects, but barely toxic to us mammals.

Satsumomo on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Look up the active ingredients of the specific pesticide you used, and see if they affect mammals. The one I use is "industrial grade" so to say, it's used for tick baths on cows, it's terribly deadly for insects, but barely toxic to us mammals.

I should have thought of that, Heh.

Turns out it contains two different Pyrethroids.

Dosnt seem to be that toxic to mammals, and braeks down with exposure to atmosphere and sunlight.

Buttcleft on