As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chrono Cross problem

GermsrosolinoGermsrosolino Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Games and Technology
I realize this is practically ancient history now, but I can't seem to find anyone with a solution. I have the Greatest Hits version of Chrono Cross. I played through most of it and really enjoyed it, but I came across what appears to be a rather infamous bug in the Greatest Hits edition - a game freeze during the "Rebirth" scene.

I am using a Playstation 2 (small version with pop-open disc-load), and thus far have been unable to bypass this glitch. I've owned this game for years, and have never finished it, which really kind of bugs me.

I have tried opening the top when the FMV starts, then closing it, but the FMV just continues where it left off, instead of skipping like in the older RPGs. Does anyone know a way to fix it that does not include finding another version of the game (original label or Japanese)?

Germsrosolino on

• DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    From what I understand, the Greatest Hits version of Chrono Cross had an usually high number of bad prints. It is probably a defect on your copy of that particular disc.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You may want to verify there are no scratches or smudges on the disc. Brasso is pretty good at buffing a scratch. Oddly enough, I had to use it on a used PSP copy of Valkyrie Profile a while back. That may be why someone sold it to Gamestop in the first place. Since they have those plastic covers, it was tricky to buff out.

Krathoon on
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dusda wrote: »
    From what I understand, the Greatest Hits version of Chrono Cross had an usually high number of bad prints. It is probably a defect on your copy of that particular disc.

If that's the case, you're pretty much SOL unless you can get your hands on another disc.

Shady3011 on
  • GermsrosolinoGermsrosolino Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    do you think it has a chance to work if i get another copy of the same version?

Germsrosolino on
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

Your save data shouldn't be affecting anything, so I don't see why not.

Esh on
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

You mean GH version disc? You'd be rolling the dice honestly. I'd try getting a copy on Goozex if I were you. It's 200 points at the moment which is a pretty good price for replacing one disc.

Shady3011 on