As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Anime Thread] A Pirate in a mask tries to redeem himself to his crew.

• setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    School Days is like the anti-romance show. Highly recommended!

setrajonas on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yo ho ho
    He took a bite of gum-gum

The worst thing is that song can get stuck in your head easily.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    My god Grimjaw has a bad voice actor.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    kdrudy wrote: »
    Yo ho ho
    He took a bite of gum-gum

The worst thing is that song can get stuck in your head easily.

People hate to admit just how fucking catchy that tune is.

I wonder what would have happend if they made it to Robin and Franky.

Robin...she's all hands.

Franky...has no pants?

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That dude with the Alien form is a cool look.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Falx wrote: »
    I wanted to write Kodomo no Jikan as a joke, but even the mere thought made me feel the lashings of eternal damnation upon my immortal soul.

Fun fact: Ami and Rin have the same seiyuu.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
  • victor_c26victor_c26 Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Finally got to watch the first episode of K-On.

Something tells me that I'm going to like this series. Didn't even know it was about the formation of a band. The percussionist in me might get a kick out of it.

Apart from that though, I'm liking the actual story and pacing. The animation as well. :^:

victor_c26 on
    It's been so long since I've posted here, I've removed my signature since most of what I had here were broken links. Shows over, you can carry on to the next post.
    edited May 2009
    What's up with Orihime in these intros? Last one, she's all naked and cradling blood in her hands In this one it looks like she was having a yuri moment with Rukia. :|

Anyway, even though these people are still treating the sky like it had floors on it, these are some cool fights. Ikakku's from last week's battle is now even more impressive since he achieved victory with the limiter on. Makes me wonder where he racks up power-wise.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Did someone say One Piece Rap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaXeHwqKyK4

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    What's up with Orihime in these intros? Last one, she's all naked and cradling blood in her hands In this one it looks like she was having a yuri moment with Rukia. :|

Anyway, even though these people are still treating the sky like it had floors on it, these are some cool fights. Ikakku's from last week's battle is now even more impressive since he achieved victory with the limiter on. Makes me wonder where he racks up power-wise.

He's not an officer.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
    edited May 2009
    Isn't he a Lt like Renji? If so, why wouldn't he have a limiter?

• LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ikkaku? He's, like, 3rd seat or something.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Damnation. Funimation took the FMA episodes off the site. Hope it's just a temporary thing.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    edited May 2009
    CG R2, as it plays now.
    Dammit, why did Cornelia have to go out like that? :(

• Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    CG R2, as it plays now.
    Dammit, why did Cornelia have to go out like that? :(

I'm sure she'll just walk it off. Like the spy chick whos name I forgot who was talking to Orange boy. I'm sure... she will. :(

Mr.Sunshine on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Godfather on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Godfather wrote: »

That's when I enjoyed Naruto. Good times.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • TheBoginatorTheBoginator Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey, guys, you know that Bleach talk? Spoiler that.

TheBoginator on
    TheBoginator.gif
    Robman wrote: »
    No you don't. It's mass effect brah, just grab your controller in one hand and your dick with the other and go to town
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ichigo was named that way due to his strawberry like hair. the title bleach is derived from people thinking ichigo's hair is bleached

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

He is indeed 3rd seat. Yachiru is the lieutenant and Kenpachi is captain of course. Yumichika is 5th.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
    edited May 2009
    I'm on the edge of my freaking seat here.

Goddamit, but there's still one episode left, and a whole week to see it, right? :(

edited May 2009
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be a long week. :(

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    hahaha

Prepare to be surprised.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited May 2009
    At least it didn't end with
    (fumbles around) "I found it!"

(pushes button)

(flash of light)

(credits)

• AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Arkady wrote: »

He is indeed 3rd seat. Yachiru is the lieutenant and Kenpachi is captain of course. Yumichika is 5th.

Yachiru hasn't even unsheathed her zanpaktou, that I can recall.

Astraphobia on
    edited May 2009

You know she's terrifying, then. First rule of shonen: the person who holds their moves in reserve the longest, usually wins.

Watching a few episodes of Saki. I have no idea what's happening, but it's incredibly serious business. That is some Death Note-level pointless dramatization going on there.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

You know she's terrifying, then. First rule of shonen: the person who holds their moves in reserve the longest, usually wins.

Watching a few episodes of Saki. I have no idea what's happening, but it's incredibly serious business. That is some Death Note-level pointless dramatization going on there.

That would mean the Medical Division's captain is pretty much the most terrifying character in Bleach.

Zandracon on
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Nope, but she's still the lieutenant and she is pretty alarming sometimes.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've been watching episodes of One Piece. I'm near the end of the CP9 arc and I just got to say I'm loving this stuff. Sogeking, Franky being powered by cola, second gear, it's all so out there yet it doesn't come off as being completely random.

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »

That would mean the Medical Division's captain is pretty much the most terrifying character in Bleach.

To be fair, that would make sense considering the reverence other Shinigami give her and the other captains not wanting to be on her bad side.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Quickly what was that one One Piece song that starts off something like: "IF YOUR HEART YEARNS FOR ADVENTURE THEN SET SAIIIIIL!"

I need it now because it was awesome.

Greeper on
    edited May 2009

To be fair, that would make sense considering the reverence other Shinigami give her and the other captains not wanting to be on her bad side.

There's some stuff in the supplemental material about how even members of Kenpachi's division are scared of her. So, yeah.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

There's some stuff in the supplemental material about how even members of Kenpachi's division are scared of her. So, yeah.

Maybe she is their dentist?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm pretty sure I read that in one of those official stat book things for Bleach, Unohana is listed as the third most-powerful captain, behind the old guy and Aizen.

LockedOnTarget on
  • NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    last ep of CG is the best

NotYou on
  • BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ninjabear wrote: »
    I've been watching episodes of One Piece. I'm near the end of the CP9 arc and I just got to say I'm loving this stuff. Sogeking, Franky being powered by cola, second gear, it's all so out there yet it doesn't come off as being completely random.

You're going to love Gear Third.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Buster BladeBuster Blade Katy, TxRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well i have a question and a statement about Bleach. Both which occur pretty far into the series (like ep. 190 and so) so i will spoiler it.
    Did the 12th Captain, the blue hair guy screw his own lt. Nemu to bring her back to life or what. It is hilarious with Uryuu reaction.

Also Uryuu and Pesche comedy routine is freaking awesome. I crack up so back when those two have an interaction with each other. So much better than his sad about losing his powers and watching the girl he likes get killed.

Buster Blade on
    Steam: Buster Blade
    Xbox: CDN_Buster
    3DS: 4957-3435-6477
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Somebody got Japanese Star Trek in my Eden of the East...

YamiNoSenshi on
  • The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Aaaand Basquash is a hot springs episode. To start out with, at least.

Japan, I really know I shouldn't, especially in a series like Basquash, but I expected better of you.

The Lord of Hats on