As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can someone recommend a good in-game mp3 player?

TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
Can someone recommend an in-game mp3 player that's compatible with most games? I looked on google and found an app called gamepe, but it cause most of my games to crash. Currently I use WMP and just run a playlist in games, but having the ability to select the exact song that I want to hear at the exact moment would be great.

EH28YFo.jpg
Taranis on

• Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    No clue, but it would be a bitchin thing for Steam to include with the overlay.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I had a kickass one for Day of Defeat and Counterstrike, but that was pre-steam so it no longer works.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    xbxicexbxice Registered User new member
    edited May 2009
    Gamepe works fine if you got a crash maybe you running Xfire or Fraps in the background

xbxice on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    you can use a global hotkey plugin, so you can control your player anywhere, not just ingame

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Is an external mp3 player out of the question?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Honestly, I can't even fathom a MP3 player working across the sheer vastness that is different architecture in different games.

I think you're best bet is something small like WinAMP, and running your games windowed (if you really want to switch quickly).

Synthesis on
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I use winamp with the global hotkey plugin. Danged if I'm gonna take the effort to link it to you though. Haven't played a game yet that it hasn't worked on.
    just ctrl+shift+alt+key to do next, prev, pause, play, stop, etc.
    Google it. Or go to winamp's plugin site and search.

Xaviar on
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Winamp's global hotkeys are built into the program these days, no need for a plugin. Mine even grabs the media keys on my keyboard.

Fats on
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Fats wrote: »
    Winamp's global hotkeys are built into the program these days, no need for a plugin. Mine even grabs the media keys on my keyboard.
    Huh. Well I guess it's been about 3 years since I've bothered to check their website.. o.0

Xaviar on
  • Options
    xbxicexbxice Registered User new member
    edited May 2009
    if all you need is just music then gamepe is too much for you but will do the job
    Note: not all use or like winamp . (VLC player)

xbxice on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    foobar has built in global hotkeys too

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    foobar has built in global hotkeys too

and foobar is bettar!!!

but serious, I use foobar and have ctrl+alt+(anykey) to control my music. . . easy sauce.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN