As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reinstalled sound drivers and now I hear microphone playback through speakers :(

TekDragonTekDragon __BANNED USERS regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I reinstalled my sound drivers and now I have 2 problems.

1: My friend says I'm too quiet.
2. If I turn up the microphone in the Play Control settings I can hear the background hum of my computer and my keyboard clicks through my headphones. If I take off the +20 boost it fixes the feedback problem but then everyone says I'm super quiet (even with Ventrillo and Microphone set to max).

There must be a setting somewhere that makes it so sound from your microphone doesn't playback through your speakers, but I can't find it (I did it before).

I use XP, by the way.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

TekDragon on

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    TekDragon wrote: »
    I reinstalled my sound drivers and now I have 2 problems.

1: My friend says I'm too quiet.
    2. If I turn up the microphone in the Play Control settings I can hear the background hum of my computer and my keyboard clicks through my headphones. If I take off the +20 boost it fixes the feedback problem but then everyone says I'm super quiet (even with Ventrillo and Microphone set to max).

There must be a setting somewhere that makes it so sound from your microphone doesn't playback through your speakers, but I can't find it (I did it before).

I use XP, by the way.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Usually, you just double click your volume/speaker icon in the tray to bring up the window with all the sliders, and click "mute" on microphone and/or line in. This will only mute the microphone playing back through the speakers - it will still allow you to record.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    TekDragonTekDragon __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    That worked, thanks.

TekDragon on