As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Missed Car Inspection

MalyonsusMalyonsus Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So it turns out I missed the huge "5" on my windshield and I needed to get my car inspected by yesterday.

I'm headed out to get it rectified right now, but is this going to be a thing? Like, is there any way for the state to find out the inspection was performed late, or does it take an official actually spotting the expired stamp for it to come to anything?

This is Massachusetts.

Malyonsus on

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think you'll be fine. Just get it in now.

Make sure everything's working:

* VIN Number/Registration/License Plates
    * Windshield
    * Wipers/Windshield Washer
    * Headlights/Headlight Aim
    * Turn Signals/4-Way Flashers
    * Tail Lamps/Brake Lights/Backup Lights/Other Lighting Devices
    * Rear View Mirrors
    * Horn
    * Exhaust System
    * Tires
    * Body Panels/Fuel Tank
    * Frame/Unibody
    * Service Brake
    * Parking/Emergency Brake
    * Seat Belts/Air Bag Operation
    * Ball Joints/Steering/Suspension
    * Visible Smoke
    * Emissions Test/Emissions Components (if applicable)

MichaelLC on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If it makes you feel any better I didn't notice my inspection had expired for over 6 months. I had PA inspection stickers in MA though, so it's possible the stickers were different enough that no one noticed.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm pretty sure the same things happened to me in MA when I was overseas. Came back, got it inspected 2 months late, the guy at the shop didn't bat an eye. I think it's only an issue if you get pulled over or get a parking ticket. The guy doing the inspection at the garage doesn't care.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, it doesn't actually matter.

And I just drove around with a rejected sticker for about 5 months (for semi-legit reasons). The inspections guys gave me shit, but they can't charge a greater fee or anything.

metaghost on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The worst that can happen is you get a ticket for an expired inspection (if there are police checking them in the area). Vehicle registration (check to make sure that's not up depending on if your state requires it to be renewed can be costly for being late).

If you get a ticket and you already have an appointment, you can get it waived (in my experience).

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I get it inspected late everytime, so that my inspection sticker now expires 4-5 months after my registration. I wouldn't run around more than a month late otherwise you're going to be a target for a ticket.

Djeet on