As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Week o Games, 5/31: Knights in the Nightmare, Red Faction Guerilla, The Sims 3

slash000slash000 Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Games and Technology
Another week, another 7 days of new game releases!

Welcome to the 66 edition of G&T's newly traditional "Weekly Games Release Thread!" - Week 5/31 - 6/6!

Where we discuss what we're looking forward to, what we're going to buy, and what we're just now realizing is being released this week that we had forgotten about!

NDS

180961b.jpg

Knights in the Nightmare

180666b.jpg

Naruto Shippuden: Ninja Council 4

Fashion Week: Junior Stylist
Petz Fashion: Dogz & Catz

PC

647384b.jpg

Red Faction: Guerrilla

647322b.jpg

The Sims 3

Storm of War: Battle of Britain

PS2
nothing

PS3

270318b.jpg

Fuel

270266b.jpg

PSP

nothing

Wii

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (wiiware)

Xbox360

200591b.jpg

Fuel

200523b.jpg

WiiWare/VC

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

dunno yet

XBLA/XNA Community

Wolfenstein 3D

dunno yet

PSN
Wolfenstein 3D

dunno yet

Decent week.

We get another great looking Atlus RPG for the Nintendo DS as Knights in the Nightmare comes out this week.

The HD systems (ps3/360/pc) get the new destructible-environments-based Red Faction: Guerilla.

PC also get The Sims 3 this week as well, while the HD consoles get the racer Fuel.

On the digital distro front, Wolfenstein 3D should be coming to PSN/XBLA, while the Wii should be getting Final Fantasy IV: The After Years on WiiWare.

All in all, not bad week. I wonder if Guerrilla will turn out good?

slash000 on

• grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    FYI: Red Faction: Guerilla is not coming out for the PC this week. The PC version is supposedly scheduled for a late August release.

Judging by the threads here and elsewhere, I think RF:G is going to be a monster hit. The single-player demo last month sold a lot of people, and the multi-player demo last week is even better.

I pre-ordered Knights in the Nightmare too, but I don't know if I'll be able to tear myself away from RF:G long enough to play it anytime soon. I'm not sure if it is playable on the go. It looks kind of too complicated for the bus crowd.

grrarg on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Finally a week without something I want.

Gives me a chance to catch up.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mighty Flip Champs for the DSi for 800 points this week. It's an Platformer/Puzzle game by the same company that did Contra IV, Lit, and Shantae. Looks like a lot of fun.

RainbowDespair on
  • SciTySciTy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I pre-ordered RF:G.

Actually, my wife did because I wouldn't stop talking about the demo.

SciTy on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mighty Flip Champs for the DSi for 800 points this week. It's an Platformer/Puzzle game by the same company that did Contra IV, Lit, and Shantae. Looks like a lot of fun.

I'm very curious about it, as it seems to have a kind of Crush sensibility to it, but I only have 500 DSi points and I'm going to hold off on buying new things for a while.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, I wanted to pre-order Knights in the Nightmare, mainly to make sure I get a copy, but the artbook looks really nice too. Can you make a preorder the day before a game comes out at Gamestop or is it too late now?

Drake on
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Drake wrote: »
    Hmm, I wanted to pre-order Knights in the Nightmare, mainly to make sure I get a copy, but the artbook looks really nice too. Can you make a preorder the day before a game comes out at Gamestop or is it too late now?

You can still do it, but it's too late for the store to increase the order.

In other words, you can put in a preorder but if other preorders already cover the quantity they get in shipment, you might not get a copy the release day.

slash000 on