As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MotW 06-03-09 "Crime is Doomed"

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    durrhurr i complain about ultimatum when it comes out but i buy every issue so that marvel keeps on putting loeb on hi profile projekts!

I complain based on the scans and recaps and don't buy any of it. It works for me.

Same here. A lot of people do that, doesn't mean because they know what happened because they bought the issue.

TexiKen on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Loeb's newfound fascination with dismemberment and cannibalism is troubling.

Robos A Go Go on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    "I guess they got hillbillies even under the ocean"

Agents of Atlas is still going strong replacing Thunderbolts as my new must read comic.

I can't help but laugh at Namors constant overreaction.

"Ow, I cut myself on this coral"
    "NO CORAL SHALL EVER HURT MY PEOPLLLLLLLLLE!"

DarkWarrior on
    edited June 2009
    Bob wanted to have sex with that coral thing.

TexiKen on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Daredevil Noir was pretty good. They've changed enough stuff from the 616 book that its a bit of a mystery as to what will happen. Daredevil in general is pretty noir-ish so really, this is more of a period piece than anything, but I've been enjoying it.

Lucascraft on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't really have a moment for this week. I liked Batman and Robin (which I bought due to the this thread, so you guys should call DC for your percentage of the profit), but I guess I'm not invested in the characters enough to get that pumped. I am going to keep reading it to see how it goes, though.

Reed sure told Pym off, huh? I think I am going to drop Mighty Avengers about as quick as I picked it up. Art is decent, but I don't know if I care about Pym's masterpiece invention that much. I hope that they run up in the FF building and get brick walled, but presumably they will pull this off and steal the macguffin particle accelerator machine thingy Pym wants.

Like everyone else, I flipped through a copy of Ultimatum and then wondered if I should get disinfectant wipes to clean my hands off. What if I already got the disease that makes the book like this just by touching it?

desc on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm tempted to read Ultimatum just to see how much of a trainwreck it is.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think that picture of Blob eating Wasp sums it up perfectly.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mighty Avengers was funny because Reed is correct. He is smarter than Pym, and probably does know more about Pym Particles.

Fencingsax on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    God damn you Morrison. Why couldn't you just let me hate the new Batman? Why did you have to ruin it with a compelling story, good characterization, and cool new villains?

Asshole.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited June 2009
    It's those chicken and jalapeno sandwiches, yo. Who knew Scots would even know what a jalapeno is?

TexiKen on
    edited June 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    It's those chicken and jalapeno sandwiches, yo. Who knew Scots would even know what a jalapeno is?

god, those sounded delicious.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited June 2009
    They are, I have a recipe for them:

-cold chicken breat sliced
    -cook some bacon, but near the end when the strips are cooked, throw in some cut jalapenos for 30 seconds or 1 minute. This lets the jalapenos spread some heat to the bacon but you don't cook them long enough to sap the moisture from the jalapeno.

Top with some monterey jack on toasted bread and ranch if you want.

The cold chicken with the hot bacon and jalapenos with melted cheese, delicious.

TexiKen on
    edited June 2009
    They are, I have a recipe for them:

-cold chicken breat sliced
    -cook some bacon, but near the end when the strips are cooked, throw in some cut jalapenos for 30 seconds or 1 minute. This lets the jalapenos spread some heat to the bacon but you don't cook them long enough to sap the moisture from the jalapeno.

Top with some monterey jack on toasted bread and ranch if you want.

The cold chicken with the hot bacon and jalapenos with melted cheese, delicious.

dude... that's awesome. Batman and Robin is just granting wishes all over the place.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, those MA scans are terrible. I've never seen such a manufactured conflict before. So out of character.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was a hell of a way to start B&R.

But, yeah, the actual motw was the paracapes.

Crimsondude on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, Ultimate Spider-Man
    You really expect me to believe Peter is dead because all 2 people could find was his mask?

Not buying it. No corpse, not dead.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    But think of all that thank-god-you're-alive sex hes gonna get off Kitty and MJ.

DarkWarrior on
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Only if its with both at the same time, thats the only way Ultimatium could even marginaly redeem itself.

Plus is it shit on pym week at marvel? First Iron Man, now reed. I think signing away all super hero civil liberties, making the earth wide open for invasion and shoting hulk into space, is a bit worse then hitting your wife that one time. Even Ultron is not that bad compared to Clor.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    noir_blood wrote: »
    My moment of weak was Buffy. It's like they wanted to tell the most cliche emo story possible.

What, did they give Xander a new girlfriend and then kill her in the same issue?

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    He got his missing eye back and then they took away his other one.

(guessing)

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited June 2009
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Only if its with both at the same time, thats the only way Ultimatium could even marginaly redeem itself.

Plus is it shit on pym week at marvel? First Iron Man, now reed. I think signing away all super hero civil liberties, making the earth wide open for invasion and shoting hulk into space, is a bit worse then hitting your wife that one time. Even Ultron is not that bad compared to Clor.

If Pym hadn't hit his wife he wouldn't be in an on again/off again relationship with her, ultimately resulting in them being separated making Hank sleep around with a college tramp who kidnapped him and had his skrull clone help create Clor too.

......yeah, think about it.

Reed wins.

TexiKen on
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DeMoN wrote: »
    So, Ultimate Spider-Man
    You really expect me to believe Peter is dead because all 2 people could find was his mask?

Yeah, he does have a bad habit of losing his mask every now and then.

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • DreamonDreamon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ninjabear wrote: »
    DeMoN wrote: »
    So, Ultimate Spider-Man

Yeah, he does have a bad habit of losing his mask every now and then.
    I bet it did happened because he passed to some astral or hell dimension or sth. We will probably see him coming back at the 10th issue of the new USM

Dreamon on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kipling217 wrote: »

One, Ultron is much, much, worse, and two, Pym's arrogance is totally undeserved whereas at least Richards and Stark somewhat understandably believe in their own intellectual prowess. Pym just has the particles, which, while an achievement, don't really compare to everything that Richards (who already was halfway there with "unstable molecules") and Stark has done. And the one responsible for Clor was Skrull Pym anyways. And the storyline so far is basically a setup to continue to suck Pym's dick (they're going to get in and out of the Baxter Building with Reed's machine, most likely) so really, he's not being shit on enough.

Fencingsax on
    edited June 2009
    Scalped was fucking awesome as Hell. I got sucked into B&R, otherwise Dash's shotgun would have been my MotW by a mile because everything else I read pretty much sucked.
    x1hwr7.jpg

The MI13 Annual was mixed. The Meggan one was pretty neat, especially the end. The part that focused on Brian bored me to tears.

NA Reunion sucked. The whole mini sucked. Woops on me. Speaking of shit, I noticed FC Aftermath Run #2 came out. I hope the writer dies in a fire.

Crimsondude on
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I can't believe Slott used the line "It's on Bitch!" in a comic, especially when the characters it pertained to were not, in fact, teenage girls. That was the Facepalm of the week for me.

Really liked Secret Six (when is it not excellent?) and Batman and Robin.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • KidDorkKidDork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I liked Mighty Avengers #25 . I liked the 'bitch' line, I liked the pissing match, and I like how Segovia never misses a chance to draw really big boobs. I mean, Ban-Luck's chest would make Jim Balent feel like he's not going far enough in Tarot.

Because of this forum, I've been picking up Exiles. I liked this issue, but the ending of the Magneto storyline seemed a bit cut-off.

My Moment of The Week was, like many of us here, Batman and Robin. Gold and Saturday afternoon fun sunshine all wrapped between two covers. Especially liked the previews for the coming year, and 'That will be all, Pennyworth'. Damien's little hoodie was also a nice touch.

KidDork on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    seriously how can people get angry at the line "it's on, bitch"

this is baffling to me

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2009
    If Reed would have countered "what you gonna do mofo, beat my wife?", I would say fair game.

But this was Slott trying to build up Pym on some shoddy characterization of Reed.

TexiKen on
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

this is baffling to me

It seemed completely out of character?

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Probably because Hank Pym is supposed to be:

1) Male
    2) An adult
    3) A seasoned veteran when it comes to superheroics
    4) One of the top scientific minds in the world

KyleWPeterson on
    edited June 2009
    Probably because Hank Pym is supposed to be:

1) Male
    2) An adult
    3) A seasoned veteran when it comes to superheroics
    4) One of the top scientific minds in the world
    Then again, he's also mentally ill.

Fencingsax on
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Now there's a WHAT IF? story i'd read.

What If... Hank Pym's mental breakdown caused him to believe he was a bitchy teenage girl instead of yellow jacket.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Drakeon wrote: »

this is baffling to me

It seemed completely out of character?

I think it's perfectly normal for him to be an immature hot-headed ass.

Crimsondude on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If Reed would have countered "what you gonna do mofo, beat my wife?", I would say fair game.

But this was Slott trying to build up Pym on some shoddy characterization of Reed.

reed4.jpg

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    KidDork wrote: »
    Because of this forum, I've been picking up Exiles. I liked this issue, but the ending of the Magneto storyline seemed a bit cut-off.

That almost felt a little meta to me, with Blink going on about how they hadn't finished things yet, and they still had more to do in that timeline.

Munch on
    edited June 2009
    Virral wrote: »

reed4.jpg

Whoa, Byrne did that? Is that a skrull or something?

I really need to read the Byrne FF run.

I'm going slap slap happy, slappity slappity teaching you a lesson for disrespecting me:

southparkslap.jpg

TexiKen on
    edited June 2009
    S_D used to post Reed being abusive and dismissive of Susan all the time. Also, whoever mentioned the S_D post for B&R... I went there for the Exile love here and now. Now I am hoping for something that will kill the Internet.

Crimsondude on
    edited June 2009
    She was evil, and the slap snapped her out of it, so in this case, Reed knows when Domestic Abuse is appropriate better than Pym as well. So Pym has nothing.

Fencingsax on
This discussion has been closed.