As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Comics News Thread - Thread Title Updated for DouglasDanger!

1565758596062»

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Christ, 27 issues in 10 years. I mean, don't get me wrong, Planetary is magical in every way and I absolutely love it, but...fucking 27 issues in 10 years.
    To be fair, it was 26 issues in like 7 years. Which still isn't exactly great, but is somewhat less horrible.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i went through high school and college and worked for three years and there have been 27 issues of planetary

hilarious!

Rans on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I enjoyed the issue of JLA in which Vixen and Red Arrow were trapped. I think the reason I liked it was because of how starkly different it was from the rest of the craptastic issues surrounding it.

However, it still gets negative points because I don't give a flying fuck about Vixen. She's boring. And Roy isn't very interesting either, since he is the same exact character as Green Arrow.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm just going to keep waiting for the next Absolute Planetary.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kinda surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet(unless I missed it) but DC had the top two best sellers in April with Gaiman's Detective Comics issue and Johns Flash: Rebirth. Even better is Wolverine: Weapon X being the 3rd best seller, and I say that not because of the title character but FINALLY Jason Aaron has a high selling title to his name. Let's hope subsequent issues don't drop off too much.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    damn, about time! sign me up!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Holy shit, a Dark Reign tie-in starring MODOK?

Why had I not heard of this before?

I should really buy a subscription to Marvel's Digital service. I hate the clunky flash reader, but it seems like the place to go to read about the best of the B-list. And I love me some B-list.

Munch on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Or you can just wait a while and read the material in anthologies like Astonishing Tales.

This. This rules.
    Stilt-Man's funeral.

stilt_man__s_funeral_by_dunlavey.jpg

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2009
    that's the second best version of stilt-man's funeral, behind punisher war journal #4

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I love how no one sees Frank coming in guns ablazing except for The Spot whose immediate reaction is to get the fuck out.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Or you can just wait a while and read the material in anthologies like Astonishing Tales.

Oh, I do. I've been singing the praises of the digital reprint material like Astonishing Tales and the Assistant-Sized Spectacular for a while.

But really, I kind of want to throw my support behind the digital initiative, just to support stuff like the new Spider-Girl.

Munch on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

This. This rules.
    Stilt-Man's funeral.

stilt_man__s_funeral_by_dunlavey.jpg

Hmm... the other Stilt Man funeral had a Doombot.

Just saying. It's not a funeral without a Doombot.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »

I'm thoroughly excited about seeing Sakai's samurai hulk story.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2009
    hey cool, this thread lasted a year

now someone can make a new one

DJ Eebs on
This discussion has been closed.