As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW]New [Chat]? For me? I promise I won't break it this time!

DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdooryou're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
edited July 2009 in MMO Extravaganza
Talk about whatever to do with WoW. Whatever floats your boat!

Beasts on Ravenholdt? Talk about your sick furry fetishes.
Everyone else, pity them!

Dhalphir on

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I just partook in some nostalgia raids to Zul'Aman and Tempest Keep. Zul'Aman was pretty rad, Tempest Keep... not so much.

reVerse on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I oddly enjoyed going back to kill Kael. Though we didn't do any of the other three bosses.

Dhalphir on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    XT2 is an excellent choice.

Nerdgasmic on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I hear druids are getting new arts and the arts are sexy.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "Additional Instances cannot be launched, please try again later" can fuck right off.

What causes this anyway?

Shawnasee on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Too many people are doing shit.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It seems to have disappeared on Windrunner with the day long maintenance the other day

But I kind of talked my brother into playing his mage again yay

Brainleech on
    edited June 2009
    It's their "temporary" fix to instances lagging to all hell.

reVerse on
  • lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Don't hate on the Beasts, we are good people. Mostly.

Does anyone else sometimes get tells when they log on from people they don't know asking them to join a raid? This happened to me for the first time this week. I want to know who is giving out my name to pubby raid leaders and why they feel tells when I immediately log on are a good idea.

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
    edited June 2009
    He's probably just asking random 80s. They do that sometimes.

reVerse on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I had some random schmuck ask me to pay for his character transfer the other day. He promised me a level 80 character in return. o_O

Poketpixie on
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I remember once on my first time to Naxx, I rolled on the fire scorched greathelm. I thought I rolled a 1 and angrily yelled "what the fuck!" over vent. Then Gerbil told me I rolled 100. And I did, the helm was mine.

Good times.

JJ on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I give you another "Is this character for real?"

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Bambulance

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    From "Kologarn is going to stop your raid."
    Yogg-Saron: Okay, so this whole plan is going pretty well. I've gunked up a tree in Grizzly Hills, I've enslaved the Keepers of Ulduar, and I've set up an impassable ravine between my inner sanctum and the outside world, so nobody can get in to stop me.

Kologarn: AND I WILL STAND IN IT.

Yogg-Saron: Seriously not necessary, K-Garn. I've got that whole thing under control. Check out the map. It says that's "The Shattered Walkway." It used to just be "The Walkway." Until I shattered it. No walkway, no progress. Pure effin' genius.

Kologarn: AND THAT IS WHERE I WILL SQUEEZE THE LIFE OUT OF THEM.

Yogg-Saron: No, dude. You don't need to go there at all. You can pretty much just take the week off. Maybe meet some ladies. I can't even remember the last time you hooked up.

Kologarn: NONE SHALL PASS.

Yogg-Saron: Well, that's the point of a huge ravine. So I don't really need your help.

Kologarn: I CAN CRUSH AN ARMORED TAUREN IN MY POWERFUL STONE GRIP.

Yogg-Saron: Yeah, but the tauren can't get over the ravine anyway. And it will be extra funny, because they could totally get over the ravine if they could use their flying mounts, but flying mounts are disabled in Ulduar. That will make them crazy. See, that's what I do.

Kologarn: WITH MY OVERHEAD SMASH, I CAN MAKE THE EARTH SHAKE. MY FOCUSED EYEBEAMS TURN MY VERY RAGE INTO LAZERS.

Yogg-Saron: Okay, I guess if you really want a crack at them. But it's fine with me if you just want to knock off. What's your hard mode?

Kologarn: HARD MODE?

Yogg-Saron: Can you, like, buff yourself to do double damage, or have twice as much health or something?

Kologarn: I AM VERY LARGE.

Yogg-Saron: Fair enough. Go hang out there. I guess, even if they beat you, I've still got my bases covered with the whole shattering-the-walkway plan.

Kologarn: YEAH. I DON'T SEE ANY WAY YOU'LL BE SORRY ABOUT THIS.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    edited June 2009
    That's awesome.

reVerse on
  • Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    End wrote: »

Wow. Every talent in ret except for one point in imp judgments and one point in crusade. Because who needs to do more damage/cast your best spell faster?

Also, gear. D:

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
  • AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think my favourite part is glyph of shield of righteousness for ret.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh yeah, he does 310 dps.

Also, I happened to like the onyxia trinket.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    I've always wanted to meet someone like that so I can out-DPS them with just autoattacks.

Echo on
    edited June 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    I've always wanted to meet someone like that so I can out-DPS them with just autoattacks.

Unarmed.

reVerse on
    edited June 2009
    Oh yeah, we did once have that failmage that did 115 DPS in Karazhan...

Pyroblast.

Stare at distant object.

Oh, Pyroblast's dot done ticking. New Pyroblast!

We booted him from the raid before we reached Huntsman.

Echo on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Smasher wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »
    For anyone else who's run Baron in Stratholme hundreds of times, have any of you seen the Runeblade yet? Supposedly it's got a higher droprate than the mount, but I've not seen it yet either.

According to wowhead the mount drops ten times more often than the blade.
    Ah, I hadn't looked at the drop rates in a while. Last time I checked them, the mount was something like 0.01% and the runeblade was 0.1%. Now the mount's up to 1% and they didn't touch the sword.

SabreMau on
    edited June 2009
    Walt says: You're out of your element, Lebronski! Uncalled for! Those iron dwarves won't know what hit 'em! Now why don't you get back to uncovering the mystery of the gigantic turd on your rug and leave the real scientists to their work!

Iron Rune Construct says: Model U-9207 Iron Rune Construct does not appreciate your tone of voice. Commencing total annihilation of your rug, Lebronski.

<3<3<3

Echo on
    edited June 2009
    Slightly unrelated, but I just noticed that browsing the official WoW forums from here, I get Korean WoW ads.

SabreMau on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    From "Kologarn is going to stop your raid."
    Yogg-Saron: Okay, so this whole plan is going pretty well. I've gunked up a tree in Grizzly Hills, I've enslaved the Keepers of Ulduar, and I've set up an impassable ravine between my inner sanctum and the outside world, so nobody can get in to stop me.

Kologarn: AND I WILL STAND IN IT.

Yogg-Saron: Seriously not necessary, K-Garn. I've got that whole thing under control. Check out the map. It says that's "The Shattered Walkway." It used to just be "The Walkway." Until I shattered it. No walkway, no progress. Pure effin' genius.

Kologarn: AND THAT IS WHERE I WILL SQUEEZE THE LIFE OUT OF THEM.

Yogg-Saron: No, dude. You don't need to go there at all. You can pretty much just take the week off. Maybe meet some ladies. I can't even remember the last time you hooked up.

Kologarn: NONE SHALL PASS.

Yogg-Saron: Well, that's the point of a huge ravine. So I don't really need your help.

Kologarn: I CAN CRUSH AN ARMORED TAUREN IN MY POWERFUL STONE GRIP.

Yogg-Saron: Yeah, but the tauren can't get over the ravine anyway. And it will be extra funny, because they could totally get over the ravine if they could use their flying mounts, but flying mounts are disabled in Ulduar. That will make them crazy. See, that's what I do.

Kologarn: WITH MY OVERHEAD SMASH, I CAN MAKE THE EARTH SHAKE. MY FOCUSED EYEBEAMS TURN MY VERY RAGE INTO LAZERS.

Yogg-Saron: Okay, I guess if you really want a crack at them. But it's fine with me if you just want to knock off. What's your hard mode?

Kologarn: HARD MODE?

Yogg-Saron: Can you, like, buff yourself to do double damage, or have twice as much health or something?

Kologarn: I AM VERY LARGE.

Yogg-Saron: Fair enough. Go hang out there. I guess, even if they beat you, I've still got my bases covered with the whole shattering-the-walkway plan.

Kologarn: YEAH. I DON'T SEE ANY WAY YOU'LL BE SORRY ABOUT THIS.

I laughed really hard.

JustinSane07 on
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Heh. I helped a player I've known for years complete a leg of some old AQ 40 quest line. We had to go out to Alcaz Island and whack some level 63 Elite MoB named "Dr. Weavil". He was a rogue, i was the tree to heal, and we brought in a lock for his pet. I thought it was over kill.....but doesn't the little bugger MC the lock , who fries the rogue and then cooks me ><. Then the rogue tells me he remembers seeing this little level 63 Gnome wreck a 40 man raid by MC'ing 8 players at once.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
    edited June 2009
    Heh. I helped a player I've known for years complete a leg of some old AQ 40 quest line. We had to go out to Alcaz Island and whack some level 63 Elite MoB named "Dr. Weavil". He was a rogue, i was the tree to heal, and we brought in a lock for his pet. I thought it was over kill.....but doesn't the little bugger MC the lock , who fries the rogue and then cooks me ><. Then the rogue tells me he remembers seeing this little level 63 Gnome wreck a 40 man raid by MC'ing 8 players at once.

I was out there just the other day doing some lowbie quests on my 80 DK and decided to swim out there and see what was out there. Oooh! Elites.

So I run through there smacking these guys around and decided to go into one of the buildings. I am happily raping a few fellas on the first floor when some of the baddies from upstairs decide to join in. Good, now I can just run up there and look around without having to step over bodies.

Next thing I know I am getting my mind raped and am sitting next to this level 63 elite named (dun dun dun) Dr. Weavil....for 2 minutes.

When it drops, I try to kill that little bastard and he does that shit to me again!

Another 2 minutes and when it drops, I run.

I get out of the building right when he fucks my head up again. I then follow this little mentalist upstairs to be his lapdog bitch for another 2 minutes.

For this 2 minutes I am thinking "how the fuck do I get out of this? Log?"

Luckily, on my next foot race to get away from the gnome mother fucker, he doesn't mind control me and I get away.

I sat there humiliated wondering if I should go back in to avenge my psyche and then thought "what if he mind fucks me again?" No, I'm out.

I had actually made plans with the guild to go back and fuck him up but now reading what you wrote, I'm not so sure.

So, uh, yeah...fuck Dr. Weavil.

Shawnasee on
    edited June 2009
    You just need to go back in with some tactics and study of how the olden days players did it. Can't just tank+spank him.

SabreMau on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    They could raise the drop rate on those nightmare shards to 100% and I don't think it'd be enough to get me to continue that quest line. I believe that's where I left off, and I'm pretty sure it's where I'll stay for the rest of my rogue's existance.

Not that I'd ever pick him up again as a main were I to resubscribe. Ooooh no, I learned my lesson on that.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So a friend of mine hasn't played wow since August of last year, and I had a sudden urge to play a warlock. I was hoping to transfer his lock from his account to mine, but apparently Blizzard frowns upon that sort of thing. If I want to play that char I'd have to reactivate his account, upgrade it to wrath, and then transfer it to the server I actually want to play it on. Nuts to all that -_-

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So a friend of mine hasn't played wow since August of last year, and I had a sudden urge to play a warlock. I was hoping to transfer his lock from his account to mine, but apparently Blizzard frowns upon that sort of thing. If I want to play that char I'd have to reactivate his account, upgrade it to wrath, and then transfer it to the server I actually want to play it on. Nuts to all that -_-

You could always try something a little shady if your friend is a chick. Have her call Blizzard and say she's getting married and wants to change the last name on her account. If they agree, change the last name to yours and then it should be eligible to be transferred to your account.

Sadly if it's not a chick, you're still screwed, unless it's a uni-sex name. Then you can just get a chick friend to lie/pretend/act for you. After all, it is what they are good at.

Decoy on
    edited June 2009
    Well if he's in 1 of 5 states in the USA, it doesn't need to be a girl.

JustinSane07 on
    edited June 2009
    I'm in MA, technically speaking that's ok here. It doesn't matter though, apparently Blizzard asks for a copy of your marriage license if you try to do that though.

I'll probably just end up RAFing myself again.

Funny RAF story though - so I leveled my warrior that way, dual boxing with a priest. I only did this for a few weeks, then gave the extra account away to a friend who wanted to make a DK. It never occurred to me to look, but apparently him taking that account and playing it for several months entitles me to a Zhevra. Score!

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited June 2009
    Blizzard wants a marriage license?!

WoW is srsbzns.

JustinSane07 on
    edited June 2009

WoW is srsbzns.

Shawnasee on
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »

WoW is srsbzns.

Well.....how much is a trip to Vegas? :)

Decoy on
  • mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    End wrote: »

reVerse wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

Unarmed.

I....I... didn't think it was possible to do that with gear on purpose or accidentally. I mean, if you randomly accepted the first usable quest rewards and all, you Might end up like that, but I think even the first options are consistent with 1 spec.....

No gems or enchants on anything? even those pieces that accidentally weren't bad and HAD a gem slot....are they waiting for gems to drop?

the shield glyph is fantastic. I mean.. clearly the fact its for a prot ability and you run around with 2 handers.. it's close....

and I've always wanted to see what it is like to take every talent in a tree....I see that going something like. Hmm I can't decide between this useless talent and that other useless talent. I know, I'll take both!!! I'm a genius:winky:

mturalon on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Decoy wrote: »
    Shawnasee wrote: »

WoW is srsbzns.

Well.....how much is a trip to Vegas? :)

From where I live two tanks of gas and a 12ish hours at 1400 miles or so

Because it almost happened last summer

Brainleech on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

WoW is srsbzns.

Name changes are a huge PITA. My ex-wife had to present our marriage license and her updated social security card to the university when we got married.

Thomamelas on
    edited June 2009
    Don't know if this has been posted before but I just got it from a friend, it killed me.
    newnelfcats2.jpg

Grundlestiltskin on
This discussion has been closed.