As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW]New [Chat]? For me? I promise I won't break it this time!

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd pay money to get the Drama Club Cat model for reals.

reVerse on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    End wrote: »
    Oh yeah, he does 310 dps.

Also, I happened to like the onyxia trinket.

Man I wish i could remember the hunter's name....

One wed night my bf ninja's my holy pally to heal his DK tank in reg VH. I have recount going beacuse he wants to see how well his is doing with his baby DK and i notice the hunter doing 235 dps (she was lvl 74 i think).
    So for fun i decide to start healing and hitting things too! I beat the hunter with a fabulous 272 dps.

/flex

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I grouped up with some PUG people in a H Nexus the other day. They already had a DPS DK, but I threw my name in the hat saying that I didn't need any loot just running it for boredom and some extra badges.

The other DK was dps'ing in frost presence, first of all.

He was pretty much specced in nothing, I'm convinced.

He immediately dropped DnD at every fight. He was not the tank.

He did roughly 650dps.

Luckily I was able to make up 45% of the groups dps so they didn't hate DK's forever.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    it always pisses me off when I notice I'm doing 42+% of the dungeons damage. at that point, the run would be better served to just kick the other 2 dps and just 3 man it. More money that way, and I'm not dying from lack of heals that are going to the other 2 retard dps.

How anyone can say they are DPS and pull less than 1000 is beyond me, you should be able to do 1000 by simply face smashing your keyboard and auto attacking

mturalon on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Apparently Blizzard doesn't want my money. I'm trying to upgrade the RAF account I just made, but every time I put in my CC info I get

Error 202: We were unable to process your request with the information provided. Please contact our Billing and Account Services team for assistance - (800-592-5499).

How irritating.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    They could raise the drop rate on those nightmare shards to 100% and I don't think it'd be enough to get me to continue that quest line. I believe that's where I left off, and I'm pretty sure it's where I'll stay for the rest of my rogue's existance.

Not that I'd ever pick him up again as a main were I to resubscribe. Ooooh no, I learned my lesson on that.

They did raise the drop rate. It's 100% now.

I know because I just did them recently. Also, it's not too hard to solo all the green dragonkin except for the corrupter in Duskwood. A rogue could probably run in evasion and blow all cooldowns, but I pretty much dotted and kited them along. I brought two friends for the corruptor, and oh yeah, he MCs.

Overall, all I need now is fucking elementium ore for the bouy and to kill Maws. :(

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone go after the world dragons anymore?

Shawnasee on
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Apparently Blizzard doesn't want my money. I'm trying to upgrade the RAF account I just made, but every time I put in my CC info I get

Error 202: We were unable to process your request with the information provided. Please contact our Billing and Account Services team for assistance - (800-592-5499).

How irritating.

i had a similar error. watch how many times you try it though. when i tried it it said invalid card number though.

I kept trying to upgrade thinking 'maybe i put the number in wrong?', 'nope definitely correct ill try again though', 'ok ill try again later'. so that went on every 20 minutes or so.

then i noticed that each try to the upgrade actually took the money off of my credit card, yup, ended up being like 300 dollars.

it took 2 weeks to get the credit free on my card so I could go to fucking wal-mart and buy the god dammed game.

irritating note: called blizzard support and this is what the guy said to me 'maybe you upgraded a bunch of friends' accounts and are just trying to get the money back'. it was... incredulous.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
    edited June 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »

they are 2 mannable. i did it dk+holypaladin. and give a decent amount of money, i think like 150g split up between the party. so if you can catch them all on the same night its some good money.

although to speed up the kills it is a ton faster to 3 man. the breath that increases the cooldown on all your skills is annoying. I had something like a 20 second cooldown on flash of light. i felt impotent.

format on
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, I hear they are giving the druids new forms... Hey Bliz, take it to the next step and fix Tauren hair Kplzthx!

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    format wrote: »

they are 2 mannable. i did it dk+holypaladin. and give a decent amount of money, i think like 150g split up between the party. so if you can catch them all on the same night its some good money.

although to speed up the kills it is a ton faster to 3 man. the breath that increases the cooldown on all your skills is annoying. I had something like a 20 second cooldown on flash of light. i felt impotent.

Wait, which dragons are you talking about? I know about the random emerald dragons, but I didn't think more than 1 of them would be out at at time. Is there a trick to seeing if they're up or do you have to do a world tour and check if they're out? Other than that I remember the guy in Azshara, but that's it.

Fryhole on
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I am still pretty new to WoW... How is my build looking for a level 63 Warlock.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nathrezim&n=Beldar

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
    edited June 2009
    Disco11 wrote: »

I'd get grim reach.

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited June 2009

I'd get grim reach.

I'd go Destro.

reVerse on
  • FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

You're doing ok, and just leveling so it's all about what's fun. If somebody slaps your hand with a ruler for having a suboptimal leveling build, put them on the ignore list. You have 51+ points now, so play around with all the trees and see what you like the most. When you hit 80 and are looking to optimize dps is when spec will matter most.

Fryhole on
    edited June 2009
    If I were to dual box level two locks, would affliction or destro be the way to go?

Grundlestiltskin on
  • mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i was under the impression that you just go Demonology to level, then swap to a "dps" spec when you start running worthwhile dungeons/raids.

mturalon on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    mturalon wrote: »
    i was under the impression that you just go Demonology to level, then swap to a "dps" spec when you start running worthwhile dungeons/raids.

You should be able to level just fine as any spec. Affliction is fine, and so is Demonology. I wouldn't suggest destruction, but I'm sure you'd be able to level just fine.

As for affliction or destro for RAF... If you don't plan on looting anything, I'd go double affliction and just chain pull/dot the crap out of everything. Unfortunately, you won't get nice things like SL right away, and you might have to stop and drain life especially at earlier levels.

Destruction would probably work fine, and you'd blow the shit out of everything, but you have to stop moving to cast. It has the advantage that stuff probably wouldn't move very far if you're trying to loot something, but I think having to stop moving would slow you down more than you'd like.

(That's my theory at least!)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What I like about affliction is that I have 0 down time...

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
    edited June 2009
    reVerse on
    edited June 2009
    There are three that I know about:
    Azshara
    Duskwood - I think it's called Duskwood...the place near Westfall that's all spooky and shit.
    Arathi Highlands - The place with all the trolls.

I don't know of any others.

Shawnasee on
    edited June 2009
    Fryhole wrote: »

Wait, which dragons are you talking about? I know about the random emerald dragons, but I didn't think more than 1 of them would be out at at time. Is there a trick to seeing if they're up or do you have to do a world tour and check if they're out? Other than that I remember the guy in Azshara, but that's it.

Emeriss, Ysondre, lethon, and taerar, all can spawn in either Duskwood, Ashenvale, Hinterlands and Feralas.

Azuregos spawns in Azshara also.

Only one dragon in each spot but you can find them all in one night(if you are lucky), then finish off the night with an onyxia and a 4 man magtheridon and you can call it a night.

edit: we basically got lucky one day in that we went looking for the world dragons and we found 3 of them in a row. after that day we knew that since they have similar (or the exact same) spawn timer when one was up we knew the others were also. i don't know if they can all be up at the exact same time but is definitely possible to kill them one after another, so either they can all be up at once or they spawn right after another is killed.

we start in duskwood have the DK death gate and fly to hinterlands then portal to darnassus and go to feralas then up to ashenvale and over to azshara. we dont always get all 5 but 3 isn't uncommon.

I suppose if you had a bunch of alts you can plant 5 of them in the 5 different locations and just log on them all to see if any are up.

EDIT EDIT:
    wowhead offers the following disclaimer: don't try to solo, you will be permanently put to sleep until you die.

format on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What I like about affliction is that I have 0 down time...

Same here. Unless I have just finished killing 4 things at once I can almost always finish a fight with nearly full mana and health. Full health for my pet too.

Marathon on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Emeriss, Ysondre, lethon, and taerar, all can spawn in either Duskwood, Ashenvale, Hinterlands and Feralas.

Only one dragon in each spot but you can find them all in one night(if you are lucky), then finish off the night with an onyxia and a 4 man magtheridon and you can call it a night.

edit: we basically got lucky one day in that we went looking for the world dragons and we found 3 of them in a row. after that day we knew that since they have similar (or the exact same) spawn timer when one was up we knew the others were also. i don't know if they can all be up at the exact same time but is definitely possible to kill them one after another, so either they can all be up at once or they spawn right after another is killed.

we start in duskwood have the DK death gate and fly to hinterlands then portal to darnassus and go to feralas then up to ashenvale and over to azshara. we dont always get all 5 but 3 isn't uncommon.

I suppose if you had a bunch of alts you can plant 5 of them in the 5 different locations and just log on them all to see if any are up.

EDIT EDIT:
    wowhead offers the following disclaimer: don't try to solo, you will be permanently put to sleep until you die.

When my guild was doing them for AQ back in Vanilla, all 4 greens would regularly spawn at the same time. I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday afternoons. We had alts parked for scouting, and we'd rush to one of the easier ones first.

captaink on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I remember trying to kill one of them when I was a little lv30something paladin. I then learned a harsh lesson in dragons.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Okay, so randomly, ONLY when in combat. I can't cast spells on my target.

If they are healing spells, it self casts to me. If they are not healing spells I get an "invalid target" on hostiles.

Help!

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited June 2009
    Okay, so randomly, ONLY when in combat. I can't cast spells on my target.

If they are healing spells, it self casts to me. If they are not healing spells I get an "invalid target" on hostiles.

Help!

This happened to me in Violet Hold the other day. It randomly cleared up after a bit.

captaink on
    edited June 2009
    It was fine on Emalon trash, then it stopped working.

I was the MT healer. (Y)

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited June 2009
    I think I could heal fine, just not any offensive spells.

captaink on
    edited June 2009
    Its like I don't have a target at all. Gaah!

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    captaink wrote: »

EDIT EDIT:

When my guild was doing them for AQ back in Vanilla, all 4 greens would regularly spawn at the same time. I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday afternoons. We had alts parked for scouting, and we'd rush to one of the easier ones first.

yea, the old "warlock alt" trick. but, hot damn those old outdoor bosses were fun.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, stupid question.

I've done OS25 this week, does that lock me out of OS10, too?

mrsnackroad on
    edited June 2009
    No.

reVerse on
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cool, thanks.

mrsnackroad on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well looks like I'm quitting WoW for awhile. I can't seem to level alt's anymore. I just hate it the whole time I'm doing it. And because of my computer, I can't raid anymore because even with everything on minimum settings I was getting 2fps on Auriya, and locked up completely towards the end of an Ignis fight. I could keep raiding, but it's not really fair to everyone else if I'm taking up a spot and doing shitty just because I can't tell what's going on. Other than raiding, nothing else really makes me want to play the game. (burnt out on getting achievements and such, too)

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2009
    I don't really hate you Pierce

Shawnasee on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh sure, now you tell me. After I spent hours crying and crying.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2009
    <hugs>

Shawnasee on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    So where's that wardrobe thingamabob they added? I have a custom UI, and can't find it anywhere.

Echo on
    edited June 2009
    Interface -> Controls, check Use Equipment Manager. It'll appear to the top right of your character pane.

reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.