As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[E3 2009 MEGATHREAD] E3 OVER - GO HOME

1222223224225226228»

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Amigu wrote: »
    Sigh this is why I'm not into gaming anymore that much. Nintendo has finally lost me, I was waiting patiently through all of their (I admit sometimes enjoyable) kiddy stuff and party games hoping that they might in some way address other aspects of gaming... I've been waiting since the fucking gamecube.

At the same time no console seems to be willing to step up to the title of "hit console" correct me if I'm wrong but I feel that no console this gen really has a broad or deep range of interesting titles like the snes, then the ps1 and most recently the ps2 did. Some people might claim that it's to early in the cycle to expect this but I disagree.

Oh well I guess I'll just keep catching up on all the ps2 and psone games I missed...

I think you're not really looking hard enough in the current library, if there is nothing in all the great games available for the next gen consoles that you like then you're basically impossible to please and perhaps nostalgia is warping your standards.

Prohass on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    JCRooks wrote: »
    PAX is definitely not the new E3. Its late in the year for new announcements (arguably the new E3 is too). With TGS and E3, PAX is not going to get a new demo build, so theres no purpose for media to be there.

PAX is great, but its a public shindig with a very different purpose than E3.

Oh, I completely agree. It's a different purpose. It's not for the media. It's for us, the gamers! To get us interested so that we can go back home and put that pre-order down because we played the demo, got some cool swag, and can't wait till the game comes out.

So there probably will be lots of spectacle, enticing gamers to come their booth. The last times I've been to PAX have reminded me very much of E3 and TGS, just on a smaller scale. But that may change, since PAX seems to be getting bigger and bigger each year.

I fear for the year after this one.. They have no more room to expand. It'll be just like before we left the Maydenbourer (Madienhouser? Whatever that place was.) with everyone packed shoulder to shoulder.

I never attended the ones at the Meydenbauer Center, I guess thankfully. I'm guessing at some point, they'll have to restrict attendance and/or booths.

Man, I'm pretty excited for PAX now. :)

The Meydenbauer wasn't too bad, except for the very last year there. I was so fucking miserable there that year, I was never going to attend again, until they announced the switch to a new venue.

Heh, I had the same feeling about PAX after 08. They need an actual expo company to run that. PAX08 was horrible.

FyreWulff on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    PAX is definitely not the new E3. Its late in the year for new announcements (arguably the new E3 is too). With TGS and E3, PAX is not going to get a new demo build, so theres no purpose for media to be there.

PAX is great, but its a public shindig with a very different purpose than E3.

Oh, I completely agree. It's a different purpose. It's not for the media. It's for us, the gamers! To get us interested so that we can go back home and put that pre-order down because we played the demo, got some cool swag, and can't wait till the game comes out.

So there probably will be lots of spectacle, enticing gamers to come their booth. The last times I've been to PAX have reminded me very much of E3 and TGS, just on a smaller scale. But that may change, since PAX seems to be getting bigger and bigger each year.

I fear for the year after this one.. They have no more room to expand. It'll be just like before we left the Maydenbourer (Madienhouser? Whatever that place was.) with everyone packed shoulder to shoulder.

I never attended the ones at the Meydenbauer Center, I guess thankfully. I'm guessing at some point, they'll have to restrict attendance and/or booths.

Man, I'm pretty excited for PAX now. :)

The Meydenbauer wasn't too bad, except for the very last year there. I was so fucking miserable there that year, I was never going to attend again, until they announced the switch to a new venue.

Heh, I had the same feeling about PAX after 08. They need an actual expo company to run that. PAX08 was horrible.

I didn't feel '08 was too bad, but it was my fourth PAX in a row, and was getting very same-y by that point, so I'm taking this year off.

Next year, I'm thinking about just skipping the panels and discussions altogether, and just spending three days scouring every inch of the expo hall.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Did.....did that Pokemon Scramble game have pokemon with stats.....fighting each other in a brawl.

And you can go capture more of them then throw them into pit fights to see which one emerges victorious?

Oh god no........

Kelor on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    Did.....did that Pokemon Scramble game have pokemon with stats.....fighting each other in a brawl.

And you can go capture more of them then throw them into pit fights to see which one emerges victorious?

Oh god YES........

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    after finally getting around to watching some of the reviews and such from e3 its incredibly obvious that some game reviewers and critics are way too far up the assholes of certain game companies, and that none of them represent me as a consumer....

no i don't use the word "uber" in real life, no i don't care about the fact that you are too lazy to get up at 6 for nintendos press conference, no i don't care about pokemen, no i don't care about how much money nintendo makes, no i dont like downloadable content, no i dont care about mmorpgs especially a final fantasy one. rage rage rage

argh nevermind

Barcardi on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Barcardi wrote: »
    after finally getting around to watching some of the reviews and such from e3 its incredibly obvious that some game reviewers and critics are way too far up the assholes of certain game companies, and that none of them represent me as a consumer....

no i don't use the word "uber" in real life, no i don't care about the fact that you are too lazy to get up at 6 for nintendos press conference, no i don't care about pokemen, no i don't care about how much money nintendo makes, no i dont like downloadable content. rage rage rage

argh nevermind

Just watched Invisible Walls too eh?

I couldn't agree more with you.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

no i don't use the word "uber" in real life, no i don't care about the fact that you are too lazy to get up at 6 for nintendos press conference, no i don't care about pokemen, no i don't care about how much money nintendo makes, no i dont like downloadable content. rage rage rage

argh nevermind

yup, and may i never watch that sort of tripe again

especially the nintendo early in the morning issue, i hope whoever employs them listens to that

Barcardi on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

argh nevermind

especially the nintendo early in the morning issue, i hope whoever employs them listens to that

Watched what now?

EDIT: gametrailers. nm

EDIT2: Were they watching a different Sony conference than everyone else saw? Why are these guys jizzing all over it?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Was it just me, or did G4 tone down the gamer stereotypes for E3? I haven't watched the channel in ages, so I'm not sure if this is a normal thing.

MKR on
  • Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    You like Zelda based on art style?

It's not the only factor but it's an important one. More accurately, I like Zelda based on mood, using my first and favorite Zelda, Link to the Past, as the yardstick. And unfortunately, a grown-up protagonist and realistic art style are generally accompanied by a certain mood that flies in the face of what I've come to associate with - and love about - the Zelda series.

Vangu Vegro on
    In my PC: Ryzom, Diablo III, Naruto Shippuden UNSR, The Old Republic
    In my 3DS: Super Smash Bros, AC New Leaf
    Last game completed: Steamworld Dig
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

argh nevermind

Watched what now?

EDIT2: Were they watching a different Sony conference than everyone else saw? Why are these guys jizzing all over it?

Because Uncharted 2, God of War 3, MAG, MGS: Peace Walker...

Sony did not have a bad showing.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Don't forget the last guardian.

I'm still jizzing over that.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    First gameplay showing of AC2 as well. The Agent announcement, which really needs some followup information any day now...

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The more I read E3 reviews, it seems like all the sites out there have crowned Scribblenauts as the game of show. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    The more I read E3 reviews, it seems like all the sites out there have crowned Scribblenauts as the game of show. :D

Thank God you put a smiley after that.

That game is going to make me buy a DS. I pray they do it on PC.

Muddy Water on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Don't forget the last guardian.

I'm still jizzing over that.

Got a fetish for chicken dogs, eh?

emnmnme on
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    As pumped as I am for about 20 other games we saw at the E3 this year, there are only two I am sure I will buy day one. Mario Galaxy 2, because I know exactly what I'm getting there, and Scribblenauts.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    As pumped as I am for about 20 other games we saw at the E3 this year, there are only two I am sure I will buy day one. Mario Galaxy 2, because I know exactly what I'm getting there, and Scribblenauts.

I wonder what shows up ion Scribblenauts if you write 'Incompetent Journalist'

The_Scarab on
  • SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »

Casamassina? :P

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    SAW776 wrote: »

Casamassina? :P

That Ryan guy from Gamespot who hosted their stage demos and didn't know shit about anything.

Seriously, if you even half care about gaming at all you would be better.

The_Scarab on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Shadowfire wrote: »

argh nevermind

Watched what now?

Because Uncharted 2, God of War 3, MAG, MGS: Peace Walker...

Sony did not have a bad showing.

I didn't mean they had a bad showing. They just certainly didn't have the orgasmic showing that video would imply. For the most part they showed the same stuff that had been "leaked" weeks, or more, in advance of the show.

None of the big 3 really impressed me terribly much, though I would put MS over Sony but I'll readily admit that it is because I have a 360 and not a PS3. Each had their shining moments, but none were "awesome" or however ridiculously over exaggerated the duders in that gametrailers video described it.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That Ryan guy from Gamespot who hosted their stage demos and didn't know shit about anything.

Seriously, if you even half care about gaming at all you would be better.

Oh God, yes. I remember at last year's e3 he constantly asked

"So, will this game have plenty of ACTION?"

I avoided Gamespot this year.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You should be able to scribble in likenesses to gaming TV personalities and gaming journalists ... Casamassina vs. Adam Sessler. Yahtzee vs. Tommy Tallarico.

emnmnme on
    edited June 2009
    ok ok
    i have to say i am very very disappointed in the lack of showing of some games that were either just not there or playable or maybe they were not covered at all for some odd reason even though they were there:

diablo 3
    i am alive
    project offset
    beyond good and evil 2
    half life 3 ep 3
    splatterhouse (personally know its canceled)
    etc etc etc

but granted, i probably missed a lot because this was hard to follow with all the hype over the big companies random stuff. did anything show up on these games at e3?

Barcardi on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ok ok
    i have to say i am very very disappointed in the lack of showing of some games that were either just not there or playable or maybe they were not covered at all for some odd reason even though they were there:

diablo 3
    i am alive
    project offset
    beyond good and evil 2
    half life 3 ep 3
    etc etc etc

but granted, i probably missed a lot because this was hard to follow with all the hype over the big companies random stuff. did anything show up on these games at e3?

Not sure about the others, but in the case of Diablo it's because Blizz has generally quit E3 in favor of Blizzcon.

Maddoc on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Maddoc wrote: »
    ok ok

diablo 3
    i am alive
    project offset
    beyond good and evil 2
    half life 3 ep 3
    etc etc etc

Not sure about the others, but in the case of Diablo it's because Blizz has generally quit E3 in favor of Blizzcon.

At pretty much all of those are no where near being ready for release. The point of e3 nowadays is to show games which are coming within the next year or so, not ones that are scheduled for 2+ years away

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.