As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

South Park

• NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The only good government, is a dead government.

Newtron on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Jinn wrote: »
    I'm totally going to show my kids South Park

i will just because my uber-liberal (formerly) parents got incredibly offended by it and i'd feel hypocritical if i didn't

mrpaku on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DEY TOOK URRR JERRRRRRRRBS

South Park just gets better and better. Last season was hilarious.

Shows like Family Guy and Simpsons are currently in the crap pile.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    I just don't understand that Mind of Mencia commercial where they're like "Carlos comes back" and then they show him and he's all "DURR DURRRRRRRRRRRRR".

Is that supposed to mean something? Well, other than the fact that he's a damned retard...?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    librarian satire

Raneados on
    edited March 2007
    carlos mencia is a plant by the republican party designed to make you want to just throw burritos at every mexican

mrpaku on
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    No, cause see, carlos mencia is really funny.

He makes funny noises and notices how asains cant drive because thats funny and if you dont laugh you're the racist.

Filler Inc. on
    edited March 2007
    Isn't Carlos Mencia that wanker who steals jokes, and then when someone accuses him of theft, he just says they're "gay for him"?

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    comedians you know

steal from each other

Raneados on
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Not at the rate he does it.

Filler Inc. on
    edited March 2007
    I'm cold

brrrrrrrr

Raneados on
    edited March 2007
    my nipples are poking and everything

ooohhh

oohhhhhhhhhhh
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nipples

Raneados on
    edited March 2007
    he is gunna wanna kick your cracker teeth in.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2007
    cracka

get it right

Raneados on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    mexicans you know

steal from everyone

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited March 2007
    racism racism banned

omg no don't ban legacy I love him

Raneados on
    edited March 2007
    omg I hate Jesse Jackson.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2007
    oh fuck... that midget.

hahahaaaaaahahahaaaa

they're so funny.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    omg I hate Jesse Jackson.

a lot of black people hate jesse jackson, too

mrpaku on
    edited March 2007
    jesse jackson should honestly just die

I had a dream a few weeks ago where I invented a paper hat fold and he showed up in a tracksuit to buy the patent

:/

Raneados on
    edited March 2007
    My grandfather started laughing at a midget once.

It was at church. And the midget was like... 10 years old.

edit - Oh fuck. I have to watch this episode again.
    Jesus. That was so good.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • endlosnullendlosnull Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Guys, we're all missing the point.

That it's okay to laugh at little people.

endlosnull on
    sig02.jpg
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I couldn't stop laughing at the Wheel of Fortune puzzle. This episode was great.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
    edited March 2007
    Caroline, don't go into the light!!!!!1

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    South Park is conservative satire on liberal ideas

No, what South Park does is spam golden mean bullshit incessantly. Is the hot-button issue conservative? Then take the liberal stance. Is it a liberal thing? Take the conservative stance. And whatever you do, don't you dare say that religion in general is as ridiculous as Scientology, and that all it lacks is a few centuries of "legitimacy" to back it up.

DarkPrimus on
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dark, if that gets to be the popular opinion, you can bet they'll harp on it. Which is why you can hate the show but still abide it, since it still accomplishes the main goal of comedy to make everyone look like an idiot. Championing is for pompous bastards.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    edited March 2007
    Paladin wrote: »
    Dark, if that gets to be the popular opinion, you can bet they'll harp on it.

The popular opinion is that atheists are stupid and that they treat science as a religion, and yet that's how they were portrayed in the Wii episodes.

DarkPrimus on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

The popular opinion is that atheists are stupid and that they treat science as a religion, and yet that's how they were portrayed in the Wii episodes.

PiptheFair on
    edited March 2007
    PipTheFair wrote: »

If you think that the general public's perception of atheists is different, please say so.

DarkPrimus on
    edited March 2007

If you think that the general public's perception of atheists is different, please say so.

what general public?

America?

what region?

and you do realize the "general public" doesn't know it's ass from a hole in the ground and only listens to what people tell them

PiptheFair on
  • bentbent Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So the creators of South Park may tend to pander towards the views of the public. I wonder why they're so popular.

I realise the 'public' is an incredibly broad and all-encompassing term, but still.

bent on
    sig1.png
    edited March 2007
    bent wrote: »
    So the creators of South Park may tend to pander towards the views of the public. I wonder why they're so popular.

aduhhhhhhhhh

PiptheFair on
  • bentbent Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    or you could word it like that, yeah

bent on
    sig1.png
    edited March 2007

and you do realize the "general public" doesn't know it's ass from a hole in the ground and only listens to what people tell them
    that sentence is funny

Dark what happened to the golden mean you were talking about

Paladin on
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    edited March 2007

what general public?

America?

what region?

General public = popular opinion, or couldn't you correlate the two yourself?

DarkPrimus on
    edited March 2007

what general public?

America?

what region?

General public = popular opinion, or couldn't you correlate the two yourself?

hurf durf popular opinion varies by region or could you now figure that out for yourself?

also, do you not fucking remember the pedophiles in the church or the mormon episode?

PiptheFair on
    edited March 2007
    dark I'm going to take the +2 high ground and say that south park persecutes minorites. It just persecutes all of them so it eventually gets around to going after the majority.

Paladin on
    edited March 2007
    hurf durf popular opinion varies by region or could you now figure that out for yourself?

hurf durf it's a widely held opinion throughout the country. Guess you didn't hear about that study that showed atheists are distrusted even more than Muslims now.
    also, do you not fucking remember the pedophiles in the church or the mormon episode?

I never saw the pedophile episode myself, but I've seen what they do whenever the Catholic Church shows up in an episode. Naked kids on a chain. Oh, haha, that's funny, but it doesn't actually make a statement. The Mormon episode, as far as I can remember, was quite similar to the Scientologist episode, but they didn't explicitly go and say "Oh, it's dumber than every other religion". They seem to like Mormonism anyways, what with John Smith being part of the Super Best Friends.

DarkPrimus on
    edited March 2007

hurf durf it's a widely held opinion throughout the country. Guess you didn't hear about that study that showed atheists are distrusted even more than Muslims now.

I never saw the pedophile episode myself, but I've seen what they do whenever the Catholic Church shows up in an episode. Naked kids on a chain. Oh, haha, that's funny, but it doesn't actually make a statement. The Mormon episode, as far as I can remember, was quite similar to the Scientologist episode, but they didn't explicitly go and say "Oh, it's dumber than every other religion". They seem to like Mormonism anyways, what with John Smith being part of the Super Best Friends.
    You didn't fucking get the Mormon episode at all then.
    I mean shit the theme song was" DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB"
    Also, watch the pedophile episode.

PiptheFair on
    edited March 2007

You didn't fucking get the Mormon episode at all then.
    I mean shit the theme song was" DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB"

Now I remember it better. But I don't see how it invalidates my original point: That they pull their punches and don't ever say anything truly controversial, but stick to the golden mean.
    Also, watch the pedophile episode.

The Catholic one, or the NAMBLA one? :P

DarkPrimus on