As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Because CC Changes and Norden Watch Weekend Rule

• Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    New Section. Though 99% of it is just stolen from the GW Website, it still works. I will add and edit it as time goes on. Thoughts?

LORE:
    Warhammer is a tale told over and over and has no definite or absolute end other than whispers of a far off victory for the inevitable. Currently there are 6 playable factions within Warhammer with one NPC faction with a plethora more to choose from. This is a brief run down of each race and why they are not your typical Elves or Orks. We proceed in alphabetical order. **Player Race. ++NPC Race. --Likely New Additions.

Beastmen: Within the dark heart of the twisted and dangerous forests of the Old World dwell hordes of Beastmen, true children of Chaos. Preying on the weak and striking without warning, the Beastmen are a plague on the civilised world, murdering and slaughtering with abandon.

--Bretonia: The Knights of Bretonnia are renowned for their skill at arms, their bravery and chivalry. A Bretonnian army is an impressive sight; ranks of knights with fluttering pennants adorned with personal heraldry, backed up with scores of filthy, low born peasants.

Daemons of Chaos: The Daemons of Chaos are warlike fragments of divine will loosed upon the world. Blasphemous abominations drawing raw power from the Chaos Gods themselves, they are the ruination of civilization.

**Dark Elves: Cold and heartless, the Dark Elves launch terrible raids on the lands of the Warhammer world, enslaving thousands and burning civilizations to the ground. Every day the Dark Hosts of Naggaroth sacrifice hundreds of souls on the altars of the Lord of Murder.

**Dwarfs: The Dwarfs are tenacious and determined warriors with unparalleled weapons, created by their Runesmiths, they defend their holds from Orcs and Skaven. Remembering every affront, Dwarfs miss no opportunity to settle grudges with the edge of an axe.

**The Empire: Since its founding the Empire has endured terrible invasions. Through years of bloodshed, this land of Men has stood fast through faith and steel, its tireless citizen soldiers and valiant heroes, surviving against the innumerable foes that assail it from all sides.

**High Elves: The armies of the High Elves are glittering hosts of steadfast spearmen, deadly archers and proud cavalry. Exceptionally skilled warriors, the Elves are led by mages who are masters of magic and heroes who command mighty Dragons of days past.

--Lizardmen: Long before the rise of Elves, Dwarfs or Men, the Lizardmen existed deep in the jungles of Lustria. A dangerous civilization of hulking reptilian warriors and gargantuan monsters, led by the bloated Slann, they seek to restore order to the world and will mercilessly punish any who stand in their way.

Ogre Kingdoms: Far to the east of the Old World lie the savage Ogre Kingdoms, a land of eating and fighting. A single Ogre, with his massive frame and boulder-like gut, has enough brute strength to sack a village and an army of such monstrous warriors, the power to destroy empires.

**Greenskins: Orcs and Goblins are the scourge of the Warhammer world, an unending tide of ferocious raiders trampling a swathe of destruction across the land. Orcs and Goblins are angry creatures that live to fight, their only goal is to rampage and slaughter.

--Skaven: The Skaven are a race of evil rat-men that fester in the dark places of the world. Eternally scheming and plotting their races ascendancy. Skaven March to battle in great hordes, swarming towards the foe in a mass of frenzied fur and black-clad assassins.

++Tomb Kings: The ancient Kings of Nehekhara march forth from their tombs to seek vengeance on the world. Loyal even in death, the armies of the Tomb Kings march with them, ensuring ranks of gleaming bone, with bronze and gold, will be the last sight of many a foe.

--Vampire Counts: The Vampire Counts are a perilous threat to the Old World. Stronger, tougher and faster than any mortal, Vampires are deadly foes that summon Undead hordes to wage war upon the living.

Warriors of Chaos: From the far north come the legions of Chaos, led by mighty champions of the Dark Gods. Raised in battle, these great warriors fight for glory and the favour of their gods, seeking immortality and everlasting power.

--Wood Elves: The Wood Elves of Athel Loren are mysterious, secretive beings. Merciless with those who enter their realm, they are masters of ambush and the greatest archers in the world. In war they unleash the full fury of the forest, as Elves fight alongside Forest Spirits.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Its Dwarves not Dwarfs :P

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Its Dwarves not Dwarfs :P

Not in Warhammer it's not. It's Dwarfs.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited June 2009
  • RedThornRedThorn Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The confusing part here is they went with the Tolkien spelling of Elves.

RedThorn on
    League of Legends: Drokmir
    Steam: Drokmir
  • WolferaWolfera Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Every time I see the Games Workshop site I get all reminiscent and stare at the boxes of unpainted figurines sitting in a corner in the kitchen............ And then remember that I'm a terribad painter which stops all motivation to actually go paint them.

Wolfera on
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wolfera wrote: »
    Every time I see the Games Workshop site I get all reminiscent and stare at the boxes of unpainted figurines sitting in a corner in the kitchen............ And then remember that I'm a terribad painter which stops all motivation to actually go paint them.

just dip one whole army in red paint, and another army in green paint; then you're done. It worked for all those little army figures we got in the huge plastic bins when we were kids...

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
    edited June 2009
    WolveSight wrote: »

just dip one whole army in red paint, and another army in green paint; then you're done. It worked for all those little army figures we got in the huge plastic bins when we were kids...

GTFO :arrow:

Lucky Cynic on
  • widowsonwidowson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    WolveSight wrote: »

GTFO :arrow:

Spray paint is your friend.

Sorta why I play Marines and Tau for 40k; basecoat, main color, pain the base, detail weapons/armor with like 2 colors and you're done.

widowson on
    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

Margaret Thatcher
    edited June 2009
    AHHHH! You are all Blasphemers!

*Fetches his smiting stick*

Lucky Cynic on
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    RedThorn wrote: »
    The confusing part here is they went with the Tolkien spelling of Elves.
    Nah, it makes perfect sense. Warhammer elves like changing their Fs to Vs... thieves, wolves, dwarves, elves. Warhammer dwarfs like leaving their Fs along... thiefs, wolfs, dwarfs, elfs. It's just one of the myriad reasons the two don't tend to get along.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    AHHHH! You are all Blasphemers!

*Fetches his smiting stick*

I've never even played the tabletop before.

Does that make me a Heathen?

Havelock on
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I had a dream last night of playing Warhammer.

Can somebody get me one of those returning player free trial things?

tehmarken on
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    tehmarken wrote: »
    I had a dream last night of playing Warhammer.

Can somebody get me one of those returning player free trial things?

From what I read on the site, you get 10 days free once you reactivate if you've been gone long enough..

http://www.warhammeronline.com/faq/calltoarms.php

Now if you've been gone longer than 60 days, please send me your email in a PM and I can send you a 10 day account -and- I'd get a free month out of it if you resub fully.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've been gone like 6 months, so PM sent ;p

tehmarken on
  • KG3000KG3000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Stupid real life interfering with my game playing. Hopefully everything will go back to normal soon. I don't want to miss the live event.

KG3000 on
    What?
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm getting really, really poor performance tonight. Anyone else?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hey guys, if anyone has a spare invitation for a trial lying around, could you send me a PM? Thanks

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    edited June 2009
    Hey guys, if anyone has a spare invitation for a trial lying around, could you send me a PM? Thanks

:^:

My performance was shit tonight for some reason, but I did manage to grab a zone lock and 6k scenario in a short period. It was about 10k renown for an hour of play total.

Sweet, sweet renown.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is TSM part of an alliance?

Hiravaxis on
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What are the newest classes? And to further that, are even more coming down the pike?

Crayon on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Slayer (Dwarf MDPS) and Choppa (Greenskin MDPS)

No plans currently for more classes.

People seem to expect an expansion at some point with Skaven for Destruction and something for Order (Lizardmen seems to be the popular theory)

HappylilElf on
    edited June 2009
    Crayon wrote: »
    What are the newest classes? And to further that, are even more coming down the pike?

I think you are fairly new around here. Unlike that other MMO, WAR doesn't have new classes that are vastly superior in every way to the older classes. That being said, there were 4 classes that were delayed from launch and reworked and then launched in tandem with two unique live events. The four classes are the Knights of the Blazing Sun, the Black Guard, the Choppa, and the Slayer. Each with their own unique twists on how to play.

That being said, there is a class out there for anyone and everyone. So I would not just go by what is the newest.

Also would like to add that WAR doesn't NEED these new classes nor did it really NEED the newly added ones. The greenskins didn't have a melee dps class, but they got by just fine, just as the Empire did without a tank class for a while. Now that the game has the complete 24 classes as was designed, it would be interesting to see how new races or classes are added.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited June 2009
    Hiravaxis wrote: »

No, as I feel I'd be wasting the time of most I've talked to, as our one or two regular groups a week wouldn't have a whole lot to offer them and their fancy nightly raids. I have yet to find a like-minded casual-but-focused type guild to ally with.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well. I canceled my sub. It's a fun game, but endgame blows. It's either RvE or zergfest RvR. Scenarios never pop so I very rarely get to play in balanced battles. It's either my side gets raped, or we rape the other side.

I'll probably try it again in a few months.

ghost_master2000 on
    edited June 2009
    Well. I canceled my sub. It's a fun game, but endgame blows. It's either RvE or zergfest RvR. Scenarios never pop so I very rarely get to play in balanced battles. It's either my side gets raped, or we rape the other side.

LoTD sure is a lot of new content to consider dude. :V

Lucky Cynic on
  • HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Hiravaxis wrote: »

No, as I feel I'd be wasting the time of most I've talked to, as our one or two regular groups a week wouldn't have a whole lot to offer them and their fancy nightly raids. I have yet to find a like-minded casual-but-focused type guild to ally with.

What's a "regular group a week"?
    You mean dungeon running?

Because if you mean that you can field about 1 or 2 groups in RVR, then that's half a WB and nothing to sneeze at.

Hiravaxis on
    edited June 2009
    No, about a group of regulars total, only in the same place at the same time when we've planned ahead for an event (once or twice a week at most). Otherwise there's a few people across the tiers here and there.

I'd love to do more active recruiting and fill in the gaps but I'm just not on enough to do so quickly.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • shikeshike Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So... I re-subbed this weekend after leaving the game 2 months after release. Yeah, it's been a while. After playing all weekend, I'm not sure I can play this game. Here are some of my concerns

1. My 40 WE is a complete joke. Seriously what happened to the class? Maybe it's cause I'm still in blues and greens but I can't take out clothies anymore like I used to. I used to pride myself in always being top dmg in scens, which as a WE was tough as nails. Now I'm pretty dang low.
    2. Servers seem empty, only found one core with t1 scens running.
    3. Rvr seems like a major lag-fest coupled with massive zerging. Sometimes it's an awesome 20 on 20 but it's rare.
    4. The lev 40 item grind is extremely daunting. Roommate started talking to me about lesser wards, and greater wards, and it all pretty much went over my head.

Tier 1 pvp/rvr is still loads of fun, maybe I just need to stick to that.

shike on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What RR are you?

I pretty much kept my ranks equal. WEs were nerfed to all holy hell, really the only time you'll feel useful is in a good group :|

Hope you're not still on REM, because it isn't there anymore.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    shike wrote: »
    So... I re-subbed this weekend after leaving the game 2 months after release. Yeah, it's been a while. After playing all weekend, I'm not sure I can play this game. Here are some of my concerns

1. My 40 WE is a complete joke. Seriously what happened to the class? Maybe it's cause I'm still in blues and greens but I can't take out clothies anymore like I used to. I used to pride myself in always being top dmg in scens, which as a WE was tough as nails. Now I'm pretty dang low.
    2. Servers seem empty, only found one core with t1 scens running.
    3. Rvr seems like a major lag-fest coupled with massive zerging. Sometimes it's an awesome 20 on 20 but it's rare.
    4. The lev 40 item grind is extremely daunting. Roommate started talking to me about lesser wards, and greater wards, and it all pretty much went over my head.

Tier 1 pvp/rvr is still loads of fun, maybe I just need to stick to that.

1.Yea WE dont rape faces like they use to, right now if you want to melt people its back to being a BW bomb group with dedicated healers. Run in and exploit bugs for victory.

2.Some servers are not to lively , especially in the lower tiers, my server Phoenix Throne is great.

3. Fortress battles are bad and still need alot of work, I forsee the Land of the Dead making them easier to stomach as forces will be split between old and new content.

4. Just been working on Annhilator gear right now so I cant really comment, the wards you need to be able to do high end dungeons/fortress/city sieges so you arent one shotted by bosses.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    edited June 2009
    How'd you know I was on REM? I think they transfered my character to Zolkar, or Zolkath or something like that. Apparently order on that server is kicking all kinds of butt.

My WE is only rr29. Back in the day, she was a force to be reckoned with, now I feel like I'm wielding two wet noodles.

shike on
  • CodersigmaCodersigma Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How'd you know I was on REM? I think they transfered my character to Zolkar, or Zolkath or something like that. Apparently order on that server is kicking all kinds of butt.

My WE is only rr29. Back in the day, she was a force to be reckoned with, now I feel like I'm wielding two wet noodles.

RR60+ WEs in full Invader/Darkpromise/Warlord still can own non-tanks in my experience. But a 40/29 WE in blues/greens probably isn't much more useful than a rank 31 WE. It seems that full annihilator or higher (ideally with epic weapon) and rank 40/rr 40 is when most classes start being competitive.

On fairly balanced servers the gear/RR grind isn't too bad. You seem to be on Volkmar which is Order dominated though. I would try and see if you can join a good guild or some sort of organized group otherwise T4 there may be very painful.

Codersigma on
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

LoTD sure is a lot of new content to consider dude. :V

I know. I'll probably resub when that comes out, but I foresee that turning into a zergfest when you first gain control of LotD and RvE train when you've wiped most of the opposition.

ghost_master2000 on
    edited June 2009
    Looks like I still have a free realm move. Do you think it would be better for me to move somewhere else?

Also, aren't epic weapons real tough to get? Roommate said something about needing lesser wards to get to city dungeons, then get greater wards to get to where the epic daggers are. Seems a bit rough.

shike on
  • HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Welcome to the gear grind at rank 40.

Havelock on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have tons of crest medals and junk.

I figure I'll buy gear when I can use it, and hope somehow that I get drops and bags for the rest.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's really not too terrible as long as a) you're in a guild that can take and claim keeps and b) your faction can lock zones where you've got keeps claimed. Zone locks give lots of renown, they give you tokens you can spend to buy Annihilator and Conqueror gear, and if your guild has claimed a keep in that zone they give your guild leader a gold bag that they can mail to anyone in the guild. A friend of mine went from scrub gear to full Annihilator in the span of a week mostly due to those keep bags. Just one of many side benefits to joining an established guild.

As for weapons, you can take care of that right now if you haven't already. The epic quest weapons can be obtained solo and are fine for starting out at 40. The stats on these are just Ok, but the damage procs make them worthwhile. Tellurian or Remnant (repaired) weapons off the AH are also good choices if you can afford them, and are generally a step up from those quested weapons (no procs but better stats and DPS that make them upgrades overall). Don't worry that they're blue-con and not epic purplez, they're absolutely good enough for initial endgame. Once you get into a guild, you should run Bastion Stair center path for the one PQ that drops +crit weapons out of blue bags. We regularly do this for alts and new members, run the PQ as many times as needed, master loot the blue bags to people who need the weapons. Lots of people in my guild use these Bastion Stair PQ weapons until they max out oRvR influence or get a weapon from Lost Vale.

Bastion Stair isn't really worth the time otherwise, sadly. Way too much time and effort for way too little reward. They're revamping Gunbad in the next patch, hopefully they do the same for Stair soon. In the meantime, RvRing for Annihilator gear is really your first step as far as armor goes. It has Lesser Wards, and you'll really want at least three or four Lesser wards so you can do city dungeons without getting wtfpwned.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
    edited June 2009
    That's a great write-up. Thank you, I'll start looking into it.

shike on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hey guys! I was playing this game from the week before it released until about 6-8 months ago. I quit because the Open RVR that I was looking forward to ended up just boiling down to who had more bodies in the way most of the time.

I was wondering, guys, what's changed in the last 6-8 months? I have been considering picking it back up.

Rend on