As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[L4D I & II] More details, link in OP. Also, behave.

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    In that it's completely pointless and unnecessary

Weapons do not degrade over a few hours use

[Bad Idea] They should reintroduce flashlight batteries! [/Bad Idea]

Professor Phobos on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Left 4 Stalker

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i will send off all my good ideas to valve

then you all will see

Zombie Monkey on
    League of Legends - Enzo III
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    No mercy is the best map by far

Another idea for l4d2, have weapons with degrade over the course of the map, forcing people to find new weapons or use pistols. Pistols could also degrade, causing made dashes to the safe room or forcing the use of melee weapons...which also degrade.

Also if you dont use pipes then they dissapear :O

your shoes should also degrade

if they wear out you can't run anymore until you collect new ones from a nearby corpse or teammate

Zek on
    edited June 2009
    dont ruin the idea Zek, add dont ruin it

Zombie Monkey on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    also bill is a diabetic and he needs to find regular insulin shots

Zek on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Francis is dumb.

So whenever you play as him everybody else sounds like the pyro, and you sound like the pyro to them. Voice chat and in game sounds.

e: steam community too

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also, Louis has random seizures.

BionicPenguin on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Actually let's just work in those meters from the Sims. Bladder and hygiene and whatnot

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also for one week out of the month Zoey is uncontrollable and shoots teammates whenever they speak to her.

elevature on
  • darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also when you get boomer bile on you you have to find a change of clothes and take a shower otherwise the zombies will continue to go after you until the end of the campaign.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
    edited June 2009
    Bill has nam flashbacks and if you are playing as him you see the zombies as Viet Cong and the baackdrops shift to flaming jungles.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    edited June 2009
    Thread stop mocking me, i command it

Zombie Monkey on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Thread stop mocking me, i command it

Zoey needs a game fix every so often. Sadly, she only has a Game Gear meaning that the batteries in the handheld only last for 2.67 seconds.

She will need to forage for batteries constantly if she doesn't want to be depressed.
    LaCabra wrote: »
    jesus christ, they gave you survival and more versus shit, and an SDK, what more do you want

most companies don't bother with anything like that kind of support

Three things. 1 survival wasn't that great, atleast not for me personally. 2 the vs maps were maps that should have been in the original game (hell, they even had infected climbing paths in the original campaign versions! you just had to find them. And, this is going out on a limb, but I think that most people who played the bootlegged versions of those vs maps enjoyed it more than the official ones. They removed so many spots for the infected to hide/go from) and 3, we still don't have the SDK.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Zoey needs to shave her legs/arm pits periodically.

L4D2 needs a hoedown option. When that crazy fiddle music starts playing, there is a 50/50 chance the survivors and infected all break into a crazy hillbilly dance.

The game ends in Texas with the electric slide championships on the line.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    edited June 2009

L4D2 needs a hoedown option. When that crazy fiddle music starts playing, there is a 50/50 chance the survivors and infected all break into a crazy hillbilly dance.

This.

This so hard.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »

This.

This so hard.

I think randomly triggering this would be a bad idea. Instead, you should be able to find instruments instead of weapons, which act as mediocre melee weapons until you use them to trigger a hoedown, which gives you a nonviolent way of settling your disputes.

Garthor on
    edited June 2009
    How long did it take Valve to do that 50% off sale for Left 4 Dead. Wasn't that only a few weeks after launch?

I'm betting L4D2 will be significantly reduced in the Steam Christmas sale, which will happen about 4 weeks after the game launch.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    edited June 2009
    Garthor wrote: »

This.

This so hard.

I think randomly triggering this would be a bad idea. Instead, you should be able to find instruments instead of weapons, which act as mediocre melee weapons until you use them to trigger a hoedown, which gives you a nonviolent way of settling your disputes.

Coach on the Hillbilly jug! Ellis on the Fiddle!

Uselesswarrior on
    edited June 2009
    Garthor wrote: »

This.

This so hard.

I thought the idea behind the idea was to make it a bad idea :lol:

Nappuccino on

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    There should be an ingame stats page to tell you how many times a player completed a campaign on versus out of all the times he played

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think you should have to scour the maps for ingredients to make food in the saferooms. If you don't get enough food for everyone, you suffer a penalty in the next map.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited June 2009
    I think you should have to scour the maps for ingredients to make food in the saferooms. If you don't get enough food for everyone, you suffer a penalty in the next map.

And you should have to lug a propane tank all the way through the map, otherwise you won't be able to properly cook the meal and disease would ensue.

Nappuccino on

edited June 2009

And you should have to lug a propane tank all the way through the map, otherwise you won't be able to properly cook the meal and disease would ensue.

Also, each character has different tastes, if you pick the right ingredient, you get a bonus next map. If you pick the wrong one, you get a penalty. Ingredients are undroppable/unswappable.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited June 2009

Also, each character has different tastes, if you pick the right ingredient, you get a bonus next map. If you pick the wrong one, you get a penalty. Ingredients are undroppable/unswappable.

And Bill, being the only one who never orders fast food because he believes it is a part of a communist regime, cooks everything into a nice sloppy grey "infantry style" meal bringing penalties for everyone but Bill because he likes the taste.

Nappuccino on

edited June 2009
    Well the cooking is a minigame while loading that requires everyone to have a DS. It is an unprecedented partnership between Microsoft, Valve, and Nintendo.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited June 2009
    You have to watch how much you eat though, otherwise you will become a fatty and turn into a boomer.

Ditto with pills. You will gain roid rage if you take too many and turn into a tank.

mere_immortal on
  • Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ive thought about it... and it seems kind of dumb to begin mapping for l4d until l4d2 comes out. Would just be a complete waste of time.

Hey You on
    edited June 2009
    You have to watch how much you eat though, otherwise you will become a fatty and turn into a boomer.

Ditto with pills. You will gain roid rage if you take too many and turn into a tank.

Also your penis will shrink.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited June 2009

Why not just have your character OD after 2 bottles of pills?

Nappuccino on

edited June 2009

Why not just have your character OD after 2 bottles of pills?

No, no, that's the 3rd bottle.

Unearthly Stew on
  • BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think I liked the rage war more than where this has gone.

Brian on
    edited June 2009
    Atleast this won't get the tread locked for months.

Nappuccino on

• TwistedFateTwistedFate Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think Francis should have an annoying cousin that always wants to do stuff with him during the zombie apocalypse.

TwistedFate on
    thIs fOrUm dEsErvEs A bEttEr clAss Of OttEr, And I'm gOnnA gIvE It tO 'Em. yOU'll sEE, I'll shOw yA
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    I wanna see some custom Simon Pegg and Nick Frost character models for L4D

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited June 2009
    I wanna see some custom Simon Pegg and Nick Frost character models for L4D

Not to mention the Criquiett [sic] bat.

Nappuccino on

• Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    No, you're sick.

• VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ash model with special dialogue. 'Nuff said.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    No, you're sick.

sick in the 90's "Totally awesome" way or sick in the "oh that's rather upsetting" way?

Nappuccino on

edited June 2009
    Sick in the "You just violated the terms of your parole" sort of way.