As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Character Screenshot Thread 7: Wrath of the Age of Heroes...of the Rings. Online.

• LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Which is probably why it's called 'Warhammer Online' and not 'Warhammer Fantasy Battles on the Table Top Online'.

That will have to wait till the Games-workshop people decides to give the Total War people a call.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure the summoned Horrors know how to run now. Unless I was seeing things in Praag a couple nights ago.

No the horror you saw running around is one that gets summoned if you kill people using one of the spells from the changing spec line. It does next to no damage and is uncontrollable. The regular pets are still locked to the summoning circles.

I mean, they are summoning circles. Meaning, they're trapped to that spot. They're demons after all, who knows wtf kind of mischief they could get into?

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It seems they added an animation to the turtle mount
    WoWScrnShot_060309_073844.jpg

I forgot how do you take screen shots and turn off the Ui in War?

Brainleech on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Shift-Z or somesuch.

Glal on
  • CharaChara Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    katal002.jpg

I was going for epic but I seem to have gotten really pissed off.

Chara on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The angryfaces on female Warrior Priests are very, very angry. They always have been, always will be.

There's a better snarlyface, though. It's on one of the HoTs, I forget which. The one where you 'throw' the heal Hadouken style at an ally.

(Also, Masquerain, woo!)

Kay2 on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Jpeg compression needs to be kicked in the crotch while it's mother is beheaded and tossed into a river.

>_<;

Lucky Cynic on
  • AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm starting to really like my dwarf.

kolgrum2.jpg

He's not the first character I've put a set of Northrend plate on, but he's the first that's looked so good in it.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sharpened, or native?

Raynaga on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Jpeg compression needs to be kicked in the crotch while it's mother is beheaded and tossed into a river.

>_<;

Jpeg is okay, if you use decently high quality. It compresses really well, but the lossiness can be really obvious sometimes. It is best for "real" photos, which is decent for game screenshots.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Sharpened, or native?

Just shrunk to 50%, no other effects.

Original - http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8678/kolgrum.jpg

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So...that's what the game looks like with a decent video card and the settings turned up. Dwarfs rock by the way.

Poketpixie on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    So...that's what the game looks like with a decent video card and the settings turned up. Dwarfs rock by the way.
    You mean WoW? Your computer has to be fairly old if you can't crank up WoW. I know I can max it with only a few key upgrades.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It has onboard video...'nuff said.

Poketpixie on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It has onboard video...'nuff said.

Playing on a toaster and/or rotary phone seems like it would be challenging.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    now i'm just imagining having a spell keybound to say 9 and having to wait while the rotary phone rotates back to the start before the spell casts

initiatefailure on
    edited June 2009
    That would be pretty intense for cooldowns.

*Clickclickclickclick*

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Note that is also with the enhanced textures on Northrend armor graphics. Not all gear will look that nice.

riz on
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    You mean WoW? Your computer has to be fairly old if you can't crank up WoW. I know I can max it with only a few key upgrades.

I think its the screenshot. When I played Wow I had it turned up to max, and it seldom looked like that. That's why I asked if it was photoshopped at all. Its unusually sharp.

Raynaga on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

I think its the screenshot. When I played Wow I had it turned up to max, and it seldom looked like that. That's why I asked if it was photoshopped at all. Its unusually sharp.

If it's anything it's the force AA through the Graphic Card panel.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    WoW let's me go up to 8x or 16x AA through the in-game interface, but I only run it at 4x because I haven't been brace enough to test my framerate at 8x.

My game doesn't look as good as that dwarf, but it's close, I'm thinking that's at 8xAA.

tehmarken on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Warning: Do not drink strange potions found in some magical city's sewer system.
    tusklock.jpg

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Warning: Do not drink strange potions found in some magical city's sewer system.
    tusklock.jpg

Fatty!

:P

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hey, Fat in some cultures demonstrates wealth and power! A fat Warlock is a happy Warlock.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    They recently put in Ultra graphic settings too though, and high quality player textures. So that could be why it looks better.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • ZachardeZacharde Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ooookay. Threads near breaking, so lets finish it off old school. Why not break out your ancient screens. Old Everquest or Ultima Online shots. Barring that, go obscure - like weird Korean MMO's or stern Russian knock-offs of second life.

This is a screenshot of a character I played in Avlis, which was a Never Winter Nights persistent world. Yes, there are z-buffer sort issues in the textures of the grass and strange green blobby artifacts for you technical weenies. All is forgiven in the ultimate coolness of an image where my character is about to slice some unsuspecting dude who is peeing against a tree with my kama.
    Alternate interpretation, prepare fer surprise buttsecks.

chopping-at-night.jpg

Zacharde on
    "For future reference, I was sort of hoping for a suggestion that didn't sound like it came from that Bolshevik Muppet with all the dynamite."
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    th_Bri_title_screen.jpg

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    This would work better as a comparison, but this is my priest at level 68, sometime around 2.4:
    quadscrn1.png

Nerdgasmic on
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I love that undead face. It looks constantly surprised.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    A shot of my Hobbit Burglar in front of his new deluxe house.
    homesweethome.jpg

And another inside with him posing in front of one of his trophies.
    trophypose.jpg

Vray on
  • xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Finally got my conqueror chest piece so now I have full greater wards. Its color was originally blood red which was really cool but I did not have any other blood red to use on the other pieces so I went with this.
    WAR%202009-06-08%2001-26-56-64.jpg

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Threads over guys, pack up and lets go.

Although the background doesn't do him any favours. Consider something darker, more in keeping with Chaos?

Euphoriac on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Only way to top an awesome screenshot is with video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r99m-scr4Sc

This video is not awesome, but I wasn't trying to be awesome here.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    edited June 2009
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    Threads over guys, pack up and lets go.

Although the background doesn't do him any favours. Consider something darker, more in keeping with Chaos?

I love seeing Chaos characters in [strike]Ulthuan[/strike] Happy Elf Land.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I always liked chaos as trippy multicoloured guys

the "dark and broody" definition does not really suit them

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Can't go wrong with blue and purple.

Havelock on
  • ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Goldshire sure is a freaky place if you play on a RP server.
    wowscrnshot060809233514.jpg

wowscrnshot060809233523.jpg

Even though it's not my character, it counts as a character screenshot, because apparently when I alt-tabbed WoW glitched and transplanted my characters face type onto another person's character. I really need to start saving more of the face swap/glitches I see.

Archonex on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    well now I think they've just gone too far with the gender changes

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Now you need to take a screencap of those Goldshire Children.

Nerdgasmic on
  • ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Now you need to take a screencap of those Goldshire Children.

I'm ninety nine percent sure that if I forced a face glitch on them, my computer would break from the sheer horror of the results.

Considering that the festival is taking place in Goldshire, I could probably aim at trying to get them Tauren faces, or Troll faces, if not the adult version of the opposite gender.

Archonex on
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    OMG a tranny in WoW with moustache.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.