As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Limp [DOODLE]

• ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    what are you using to make it?

ManonvonSuperock on
  • RandomActionRandomAction Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh well, make some type of barrier or obstruction then, requiring the player to jump. As for the top of the cave, it's not a platform the charactor is going to be standing on, so angles would be fine there. As for the background, increase variation, angles, shouldn't change game play either.

RandomAction on
    [SIGPIC]http://random2action.com[/SIGPIC]
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Also, tryin to get some work with a latex designer.

That sounds like a match made in heaven.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    D-Robe wrote: »
    Also, tryin to get some work with a latex designer.

That sounds like a match made in heaven.

I'm gonna start wanking to fashion catalogs. It's like I'm 13 all over again!

Metalbourne on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Just imagine bringing a girl home to your apartment, and she says she has a thing for latex. She takes off her clothes and she is ONE OF WAKKAWAS DRAWINGS

RubberAC on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    moar liek wankawa, mirite

This is probably pretty disturbing to Wakk.

Actually, if he's applying for a latex fetish designing job, maybe not.

Edit: Game is XNA. It's not that I'm incapable of making the engine take sloped surfaces, but rather that when I started the engine it was based on a collision model that used rectangular hitboxes. I'd have to completely rebuild the collision engine to do it. I can fudge it by having a few dozen blocks in a sequence that differ by very small amounts of pixels, but the editor isn't built for it, either.

With some more variations in the tiles it shouldn't seem as boxy as it is. Super Metroid did a pretty good job of hiding it (although it did have the occasional sloped surface).

Delzhand on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    pic117.jpg

i freaking love this one. i like how youve left the body and hair loose, but put detail in the face.

winter_combat_knight on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Speedpaint = bleh!

2dj6nx5.png

Mustang on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    your close up female wakkawa has a little bit of the lazy eye going on btw

Loomdun on
    splat
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wak: YOU'RE HIRED!

DeeLock on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Bounty hunter school

I'd go

MWF
    Armor Management 8am-9
    High Powered Weapons 10am-11:20
    Slaughtering Indigenous Lifeforms 2pm-3

TR
    Silent Heroes of Myth and Legend 11am-12:40
    Finance of Private Gunships 1pm-2:40

MWF
    Linear Algebra
    Advanced Writing Composition
    Geography of SR-388

TR
    Art History
    Beginning Gunship Control (Classroom only)

What? You think you can take all the fun classes without the basics?

FUCK THAT SHIT

FUCK IT TO FIERY HELL

HEY GIRLS LOOK HOW DEEP AND SENSITIVE I AM:

14no193.jpg

Where's his right foot?

NOT THERE CUZ I FORGOT TO DRAW IT DUH

Tam on
  • AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If anyone is so inclined, I have a small art request on behalf of my sister.

She's in her first year of high school and her cumulative project for Science is to design an alien species and explain how it lives, what its planet is like, etc. She also needs to include a drawing or image of her alien, and she's not very artistically talented, and neither am I.

I don't know if this is really allowed or not, but I was wondering if anyone here could take some time and doodle their interpretation of her alien's description.

Her alien has these characteristics:

Gorilla-like - it's a large, distant planet with strong gravity, so the primate-ish aliens have a short, stocky frame with thick fur. They're also bipedal.

Sharp, mole-like claws - they dig holes, and have claws on their hands.

Bioluminescent lantern on their forehead - like an anglerfish, dangling from an antenna.

Camel nose - their planet has volcanoes and the air is full of ash, so their nose is built to protect itself from airborne debris.

So, if anyone feels like doodling this in their spare time, those are the necessary details but everything else is open to interpretation. I can't pay for this, unfortunately, but I thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone felt like helping someone out. Thanks in advance!

Alpine on
    edited June 2009
    I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, but if the assignment is to include a drawing, I doubt the teacher would be keen on someone else's work.

Delzhand on
  • LeggraphicsLeggraphics Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    nice speedpaint mustang. I really like it :D

Leggraphics on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    Alpine wrote: »
    If anyone is so inclined, I have a small art request on behalf of my sister

She's in her first year of high school and her cumulative project for Science is to design an alien species and explain how it lives, what its planet is like, etc. She also needs to include a drawing or image of her alien, and she's not very artistically talented, and neither am I.

Boy, I wish my teachers in high school accepted the practice of outsourcing my homework to low-wage third parties; everyone knows it's just good business sense, but all they could say was 'it's cheating'. Bah!

Especially if I can get better work done externally- after all, there's a lot of things I'm not very good at!

Way to not keep up with hard realities of the global economy, teachers!

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited June 2009
    If anyone is so inclined, I have a small art request on behalf of my sister.

I don't know if this is really allowed or not, but I was wondering if anyone here could take some time and doodle their interpretation of her alien's description.

Her alien has these characteristics:

Gorilla-like - it's a large, distant planet with strong gravity, so the primate-ish aliens have a short, stocky frame with thick fur. They're also bipedal.

Sharp, mole-like claws - they dig holes, and have claws on their hands.

Bioluminescent lantern on their forehead - like an anglerfish, dangling from an antenna.

Camel nose - their planet has volcanoes and the air is full of ash, so their nose is built to protect itself from airborne debris.

So, if anyone feels like doodling this in their spare time, those are the necessary details but everything else is open to interpretation. I can't pay for this, unfortunately, but I thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone felt like helping someone out. Thanks in advance!

Has your sister cleared this with the teacher? If the teacher knows she can't draw, then accusations of academic dishonesty might arise.

plus, I mean, it's her assignment right? She should just do the best she can. If the focus is on the creature's design and evolutionary plausibility, I can't imagine points being detracted for non-professional artwork.

Tam on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    RubberAC wrote: »
    Just imagine bringing a girl home to your apartment, and she says she has a thing for latex. She takes off her clothes and she is ONE OF WAKKAWAS DRAWINGS

hahaha, I lawled. Seriously though wakka, if they don't hire you I will A. personally fly out there and punch them in the face. Or B. Make very menacing faces at them and shake my finger while looking very disappointed.

Edit: good luck though, seriously.

Prospicience on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If anyone is so inclined, I have a small art request on behalf of my sister

Boy, I wish my teachers in high school accepted the practice of outsourcing my homework to low-wage third parties; everyone knows it's just good business sense, but all they could say was 'it's cheating'. Bah!

Especially if I can get better work done externally- after all, there's a lot of things I've not very good at!

Way to not keep up with hard realities of the global economy, teachers!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Why the fuck are we teaching our kids to do the shit work when we should be teaching our kids how to make [strike]Chinamen Mexicans Indians[/strike] Chinamen do all the work. We're a country of CEOs, not a country of... guys who work.

Wow. We're back to chinamen already? Man those guys can bust their asses.

Metalbourne on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Just imagine bringing a girl home to your apartment, and she says she has a thing for latex.

No impregnation for you, then, I'd assume.

desperaterobots on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Haha. Condoms!

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Valid points by all. Thanks anyways.

Alpine on
    edited June 2009
    Just imagine bringing a girl home to your apartment, and she says she has a thing for latex.

No impregnation for you, then, I'd assume.

Valid points by all. Thanks anyways.

This is how I choose to read posts.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited June 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    Speedpaint = bleh!

2dj6nx5.png

I missed that from the last page.

That's pretty rad

ManonvonSuperock on
  • WastingPenguinsWastingPenguins Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Finally finally finally it is summer, and I have time to relax and paint.

morning quickie:
    v7Wub.jpg

WastingPenguins on
    edited June 2009
    First thing into my head: Fruit Fucker City.

Delzhand on
    edited June 2009
    I'd ditch whatever brush is causing those jagged lines on the diagonal strokes.

Other than that, looks rad like a Megaman level.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • KittenKitten Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    so um...coloring inking practice...

zombiechickencopy.jpg

emmy.jpg

Kitten on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Zombie Chicken is all sorts of awesome.

Mustang on
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    wip1.jpg

F87 on
    edited June 2009
    Why isn't he a little more... leany? He does have a stupendously huge thing on his arm after all.

desperaterobots on
    edited June 2009
    It's made of carbon fibre......and feathers.

Mustang on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I loves me some carbon fiber.

NibCrom on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Quick doodle painting i did today. Acrylics on 12.7cm x 17.8cm canvas. very small

Very crude but im liking the look. Working traditionally feels much more involving than with digital.

3328jtv.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
    edited June 2009
    wck, i like your quick, traditional work. it has a charm to it. Then again, I don't like stuff with precise or accurate point-based perspective, really.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited June 2009
    Ehhh fuck it, I'm going to bed.

oceanplane.png

Mustang on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Carbon feather.

Also, Waka's stuff is self-cripplingly good. Completely shit-hot dude, you have a bright future ahead of you.

Grenn on
    edited June 2009
    Me, on the other hand:

rbsidebyside.jpg

blueclose500.jpg

redclose700.jpg

Works in progress!

desperaterobots on
    edited June 2009
    Gotta buy 'em all!

Tam on
    edited June 2009
    There'll be two more, and they'll have those jelly head things like that last one I posted. For a show later this month :D I hope people buy them, I have bills to pay :(

desperaterobots on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    those are great! how much?

NakedZergling on
This discussion has been closed.