As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[L4D I & II] More details, link in OP. Also, behave.

• Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I really wouldn't have remembered any details about ep1 unless people hadn't mentioned them. Take from that what you will.

Unearthly Stew on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I really wouldn't have remembered any details about ep1 unless people hadn't mentioned them. Take from that what you will.

I can kind of understand that- It feels like it belongs right in HL2 to me and I get the two blurred together. That might not be your reasoning but it is mine :)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I just thought it sucked horribly and involved following Values pet Mary-sue around for a frustrating romp in AI stupidity.

I loved episode 2 though. Especially the gnome challenge, which is just the sort of thing I adore.

Except I lost my gnome on the way to the final part and couldn't find him again :(

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Aegeri wrote: »
    And I had already had my fill of zombies from the truly ridiculous elevator battle (if you've played it, you'll know the one). Though it is a little shame they patched that.

Really? I loved that part, and I was fortunate enough to play through it before it got edited, and (I hate to use the term), Nerfed.

But I'm with you, Nap, I enjoyed Ep1 and don't understand the hate. Ep1 was just more of the same of HL2? Well isn't that a goddamn shame.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    episode 1 was completely awesome

episode 2 was awesomer, and had nothing in it that wasn't completely awesome in every way

LaCabra on
    edited June 2009
    AI stupidity? I never had a problem with the AI in a Valve game outside the resistence members in HL2. edit: Oh, and the combine in general. They aren't bad but they aren't as good as I would like them to be :)

That said, the AI seems to soak up way more damage than I would like them to (it ruins some of the immersion to see Alyx take even more damage than I can.)

edit: how did it get nerfed? I haven't played it for a long time.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

edited June 2009
    i think they just took away most of the zombies

LaCabra on
    edited June 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »
    i think they just took away most of the zombies

Is this the part with the elevator in the dark?

if so, that's a shame... i died a lot but I had so much fun doing so.

edit: I wonder if there are any mods that make things the way they used to be.

Nappuccino on

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    And I had already had my fill of zombies from the truly ridiculous elevator battle (if you've played it, you'll know the one). Though it is a little shame they patched that.

Really? I loved that part, and I was fortunate enough to play through it before it got edited, and (I hate to use the term), Nerfed.

I didn't sadly. The main problem was the whole "Alex walks in front of me as I chunk an exploding barrel" or "Alex gets raped by a bazillion zombies" thing. I don't mind dying, just make it my fault please (albeit she could still really take it).

I also really hated having an AI follow me around for 90% of the game.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Huh, interesting - I thought I'd played Ep 2 while it turns out I played Ep 1. THAT explains why I'm so ???? to the descriptions of Ep2.

I do technically have it on my steam account as I grabbed the orange box, but....I've naught the room to download and install it. :P

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
    edited June 2009
    do it and do it now.

you'll thank me later :)

Nappuccino on

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I didn't sadly. The main problem was the whole "Alex walks in front of me as I chunk an exploding barrel" or "Alex gets raped by a bazillion zombies" thing. I don't mind dying, just make it my fault please (albeit she could still really take it).

I also really hated having an AI follow me around for 90% of the game.

Are you kidding? I didn't even know it was possible for Alyx to die. She usually does all the work.

Professor Phobos on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    All I'm saying is when you're goin' through the ruined hospital, both you and Alyx wielding shotguns, and rock music kicks in and you gun down zombies by the dozen, it's totally sweet

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited June 2009
    Alyx is the least annoying AI companion of all time

LaCabra on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

That's just because she's basically invincible, I used her as a meatshield all the time because she has boatloads of HP and regenerates instantly.

Zek on
  • freelancepolicefreelancepolice Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I pushed her into rooms which may have a head crab :*)

freelancepolice on
    steam_sig.png
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Whatsherface from Prince of Persia is better.

Alyx can be annoying. Plus she has godmode which breaks the game in many places.

The_Scarab on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »

Alyx can be annoying. Plus she has godmode which breaks the game in many places.

Elika and Alyx are both models in how to have an effective AI companion

Robman on
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Okay... Someone said that the final battle of Episode 2 was bad

That person is OBJECTIVELY WRONG AND OBJECTIVELY STUPID

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ill tell you a good finale, No Mercy, there is a good finale, well balanced and exciting to the end, the man who argues otherwise will recieve no mercy from me

...hehe, perfect

Zombie Monkey on
    League of Legends - Enzo III
  • Dr.TongueDr.Tongue Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ill tell you a good finale, No Mercy, there is a good finale, well balanced and exciting to the end, the man who argues otherwise will recieve no mercy from me

...hehe, perfect

That is the first thing you have said that is not blatantly wrong. :P

Dr.Tongue on
    edited June 2009
    Little known fact, Tongue once competed in the national 'looks like a watermelon competition"

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    Oh god that run to the helicopter is so tense at the end

You're like OHFUCK OHFUCK NOSMOKER NOSMOKER OHGAWD

Robman on
  • VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh man, the my buds and I went and picked up L4D, and sat down for a four player LAN. The No Mercy Finale was crazy, we all manage to survive, make a run for the chopper, cutting through the hordes as we run, my buddy get's smoker'd, other friend get's huntered and a tank jumps, literally, right infront of the chopper. I go left, my friend goes right. The tank followed my friend. :lol:

Verr on
    edited June 2009
    There are no friends in the final rush of a finale, only meatshields.

Robman on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009

Ughh I don't know which Half-life you played, but when I played, I lost several times to letting Alyx "die".

Maybe you played on easy or something, cause she's certainly not invincible. Plus she's fine as all hell and not annoying.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't have to outrun the zombies.

I just have to outrun you three assholes.

Oh who am I kidding. I'm one of the noble retards that'll try to save people on the finale. Or at least, provides cover fire from the chopper.

People who get in and then promptly jam a thumb up their ass are asshats.

Also, I don't know about hard, but on Normal Alyx will take a shitload of punishment before she drops. Usually I'm dead long before that would've happened. I don't think I've managed to get her killed more than a handful of times, and usually due to traps/situations that involve overwhelming damage, rather than constant combat.

From what I've heard, she's got tons of life and an insane regeneration rate.

Also, she owns my heart. *swoon*

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Ughh I don't know which Half-life you played, but when I played, I lost several times to letting Alyx "die".

Maybe you played on easy or something, cause she's certainly not invincible. Plus she's fine as all hell and not annoying.

rak proves he IS a weeaboo :3

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
    edited June 2009
    Any red blooded straight male who says they wouldn't fuck Alyx given the chance is a goddamn liar

It must be weird to be the chick who modeled her though, getting all these HL2 fanboys gazing longingly at her all day

Robman on
  • enderjsvenderjsv Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Robman wrote: »
    Any red blooded straight male who says they wouldn't fuck Alyx given the chance is a goddamn liar

It must be weird to be the chick who modeled her though, getting all these HL2 fanboys gazing longingly at her all day

wow.

enderjsv on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, sorry about leaving last night, but I realized it was like 12:30, and I had to get up early.

Fencingsax on
  • ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd like to have Alyx as a player in L4D as some kind of DLC or something.:^:

Alyx.jpg

Scotty on
  • AntiQuoAntiQuo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Scotty wrote: »
    I'd like to have Alyx as a player in L4D as some kind of DLC or something.:^:
    Alyx.jpg

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/55462

Looks good to me :winky:

AntiQuo on
    1e276.png
    edited June 2009
    Alyx is a girl?

Zombie Monkey on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Now I'm going to have to play HL2 +eps 1 and 2 on the weekend.

Thanks guys...

Dissociater on
    edited June 2009
    My buddy just finished his semester and picked up the orange box for ten bucks earlier this year... I'm so jealous of the fact that he's going to experience the HL2 series for the first time in the coming months.

Robman on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alyx is a girl?

No.

She's a woman.

Alternative response: /facepalm

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited June 2009
    Shes an alien, i thought that was well established, the G-Mans daughter

Female, but not a girl or woman. Thought everyone knew that, its the reason she looks kidn of alienish and odd

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009

Female, but not a girl or woman. Thought everyone knew that, its the reason she looks kidn of alienish and odd

What the fuck

Robman on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

I....what.....

You are a strange, strange little man.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire