As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[L4D I & II] More details, link in OP. Also, behave.

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Robman wrote: »
    My buddy just finished his semester and picked up the orange box for ten bucks earlier this year... I'm so jealous of the fact that he's going to experience the HL2 series for the first time in the coming months.
    I wonder if people who start with 2 won't really get what's going on with the G-man. (Well, no one does, but how Gordon and him met and how he his under his employ and control seem pretty central to the Half Life 2 arc, what with "Did you know your contract was up to the highest bidder" and the Vortigaunt power struggle and all that.)

I'm sure it's hard to go and play HL1 as it is for the first time today. Here's hoping Black Mesa doesn't suck.

Darlan on
  • Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What is wrong with you.
    Also, I did not know that, I haven't played any of the Half-Life games. Does this mean something is spoiled for me?

Quaz and Wally on
  • Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Go back and play episode two, actually there are probably clips on youtube, dont play ep 2

Zombie Monkey on
    League of Legends - Enzo III
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Darlan wrote: »
    My buddy just finished his semester and picked up the orange box for ten bucks earlier this year... I'm so jealous of the fact that he's going to experience the HL2 series for the first time in the coming months.
    I wonder if people who start with 2 won't really get what's going on with the G-man. (Well, no one does, but how Gordon and him met and how he his under his employ and control seem pretty central to the Half Life 2 arc, what with "Did you know your contract was up to the highest bidder" and the Vortigaunt power struggle and all that.)

I'm sure it's hard to go and play HL1 as it is for the first time today. Here's hoping Black Mesa doesn't suck.

Oh he played the shit out of HL1 back in the day, just became all artsy and guitar playing in university so he never picked up HL2 when it came out.

Robman on
    edited June 2009
    What is wrong with you.
    Also, I did not know that, I haven't played any of the Half-Life games. Does this mean something is spoiled for me?

It is a pretty big spoiler yes, i imagine hl2 and the episodes will make more sense to you knowing it though, so thats a positive cause its hard to tell whats going on alot of the time

Zombie Monkey on
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Go back and play episode two, actually there are probably clips on youtube, dont play ep 2

NEVER LISTEN TO MONKEY

Professor Phobos on
    edited June 2009
    What is wrong with you.

It is a pretty big spoiler yes, i imagine hl2 and the episodes will make more sense to you knowing it though, so thats a positive cause its hard to tell whats going on alot of the time

Great. Thanks.

Quaz and Wally on
    edited June 2009
    What is wrong with you.

Great. Thanks.

Go play HL2 EP1 EP2 nothing has been spoiled of import, Zombie is on fucking atomic sludge crack or something

Robman on
    edited June 2009
    Im very sorry actually, but in my defence the games been out a long long time, its not recent by any means and id wager 99% of l4d players play and have hl2 so i thought i was clear

Id spoiler it now but im jailed

Zombie Monkey on
  • LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

NEVER LISTEN TO MONKEY

Especially Zombie Monkey. That's like rule #1

I remember a time when he thought it was a good idea to defend a truck bed on the Dead Air finale survival. He's always coming up with crazy and foreign ideas.

LavaKnight on
  • enderjsvenderjsv Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What is wrong with you.

Great. Thanks.

Quaz, I'm gonna level with you, Monkey's full of shit. Just thought you'd like to know.
    Alyx is a T-rex

enderjsv on
    edited June 2009
    It's okay, I don't expect people to spoiler old popular game stuff unless they're really key spoilers, like that part in Bioshock. I am just giving you a hard time.

Quaz and Wally on
    edited June 2009
    LavaKnight wrote: »

NEVER LISTEN TO MONKEY

I remember a time when he thought it was a good idea to defend a truck bed on the Dead Air finale survival. He's always coming up with crazy and foreign ideas.

16 golds bitch :D i got dead air with pubs :O

I got church with you, and i thank you for it :D and drains aswell :D

<3 Lava

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    enderjsv wrote: »
    What is wrong with you.

Great. Thanks.

Quaz, I'm gonna level with you, Monkey's full of shit. Just thought you'd like to know.
    Alyx is a T-rex

God stop making up shit
    Alyx is Xyla backwards, Xyla is Gordon's wife, Alyx is her clone from the mirror universe you explore in Episode 2

Robman on
    edited June 2009
    What is wrong with you.

Great. Thanks.

Alyx is a T-rex

God stop making up shit
    Alyx is Xyla backwards, Xyla is Gordon's wife, Alyx is her clone from the mirror universe you explore in Episode 2

:0

Quaz and Wally on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ITT old spoilers
    Snape kills Dumbledore
    Dumbledore is gay

Also, ZM keeps hoping that a game changing L4D patch will be out this week.

lol.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    edited June 2009
    So no-one is in the slight bit suspicious that Alyx and Eli look nothing alike

And Alyx and the G-man are clearly genetically similar

I mean come on, now you have all heard it i urge you to skip to the cutscenese of the hl series, search on youtube, and you will see the game in a whole new light

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    LavaKnight wrote: »

NEVER LISTEN TO MONKEY

16 golds bitch :D i got dead air with pubs :O

I got church with you, and i thank you for it :D and drains aswell :D

<3 Lava

=D

I forgot to say that it was always worth it <3

LavaKnight on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What is wrong with you.

Great. Thanks.

Alyx is a T-rex

God stop making up shit

Something here sounds phony...
    Xylaphony!

Dissociater on
    edited June 2009
    So no-one is in the slight bit suspicious that Alyx and Eli look nothing alike

And Alyx and the G-man are clearly genetically similar

I mean come on, now you have all heard it i urge you to skip to the cutscenese of the hl series, search on youtube, and you will see the game in a whole new light

Oh my god are you really this stupid or are you trolling for serious replies

Robman on
  • AntiQuoAntiQuo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    trolling for serious replies

AntiQuo on
    1e276.png
    edited June 2009
    Im just saying at the end of Ep3 when you and alyx are in the G-mans office or whatever ill be the one laughing when she goes "im sorry gordon...i have to continue my fathers work" and your like "wtf" and im like "knew it"

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    And then she turns into philosoraptor and eats you

Robman on
    edited June 2009
    She may pull off a mask or something, depends the G-man may have had sex with a human, he did say he plucked her from someone so maybe he had her with a scientist at black mesa.

All speculation until we know what the G-man really is

Zombie Monkey on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    And then the Gman uses the portal gun to bring infection to the world and we'll spot the gman in L4D2

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    edited June 2009
    See this is why this thread cant have serious conversations and descends into anarchy, i raise valid points and serious debate, new ideas and sepculation and you all go off on one and start going all loopy with it taking it to extremes. Instead id rather you counter my points, but that doesnt seem to be in you guys remit, rather you all flip out and act like a drunk at a wedding

For shame

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    HL3:L4D2:Episode1

EDIT Manchester nil

Robman on
    edited June 2009
    FacePalm_picard.jpg

LavaKnight on
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    that picture and zombie monkey should be banned from this forum

in other news, dodge that minigun has been a huge success

MrDelish on
    edited June 2009
    Can you imagine the fangasm shitstorm that would happen if Valve included a lambda symbol spraypainted on a wall in a safehouse?

Robman on
    edited June 2009
    Dodge that minigun? Sounds pretty great.

LavaKnight on
    edited June 2009
    Onto brighter news, two more days for the promised l4d patch to come this week, unless they update on the weekends, which im not sure they do

Either way the promise of "fun things" is encouraging

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    Low gravity L4D sounds awesome, even with hunters clipping out of the levels

Robman on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Devouring me while she ponders the meaning of life? Ouch.

Fencingsax on
    edited June 2009
    Alyx is the love child of Zoey and Louis, kidnapped by zombies at the age of three, then rescued at the age of 5 by G-man (who himself was once a zombie before being liberated from zombie-dom by a reverse head crab). G-man erased her memory, then transported her into the future where he felt she would be able to pursue a lucradive career as a jeans model. Of course, then Gordon fucked everything up.

enderjsv on
    edited June 2009
    She does kind of look like zoey

Id post a picture of her and g-man and her and ely side by side but im jailed so i cant

Ill do so when im not jailed, which at the given rate will be sometime next year :|

Zombie Monkey on
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I don't know if that was intentional, but I had the hilarious image of a dinosaur spouting Socrates.

EDIT: Damn, beaten.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

EDIT Manchester nil

I love you for this post. Almost flawless execution of a timeless classic.

The_Scarab on
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alyx is the love child of Zoey and Louis, kidnapped by zombies at the age of three, then rescued at the age of 5 by G-man (who himself was once a zombie before being liberated from zombie-dom by a reverse head crab). G-man erased her memory, then transported her into the future where he felt she would be able to pursue a lucradive career as a jeans model. Of course, then Gordon fucked everything up.

It all suddenly makes sense...

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
    edited June 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »

EDIT Manchester nil

I love you for this post. Almost flawless execution of a timeless classic.

He stole this joke from Zero Punctuation.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/10-The-Orange-Box

Think that's the link, but I can't check because I'm at work.

enderjsv on