As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[L4D I & II] More details, link in OP. Also, behave.

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Patch coming tonight, i can feel it

I'd prefer not knowing when patches were supposed to come out so I can't be disappointed when they don't arrive.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ZM is a wise sage

Wait no, the opposite of that

Robman on
  • Ed321Ed321 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The most important thing to remember is that spamming the voice commands is, and always will be, the height of hilarity. Those that don't appreciate the genius of AHH TANK AHH TANK AHH TANK AHH TANK AHH TANK AHH TANK will be the first against the wall.

What I want to know is how do the survivors KNOW it's called a tank?

For all they know, the 'tank's' proper zombie name could be a Flesh Rumbler.

The hunter could actually be a Growl'n'jumper.

Where was I going with this?

Well there was that one point where Francis calls the infected "Vampires".

It's going to make less sense if the L4D2 survivors give them the same names. Although maybe the survivors pick up bits of parlance over the radio, like 'tank' just became a common, logical name for that infected and thus is the most common title. Or something.

Ed321 on
  • Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My proclemations will once lead nations

Zombie Monkey on
    League of Legends - Enzo III
  • Ed321Ed321 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Can't...restrain...grammar...nazi....

Ed321 on
    edited June 2009
    I stand by what i said, mostly because i havent a choice but to

Zombie Monkey on
  • enderjsvenderjsv Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Agreed. In this game the farther away from everyone else you are, the more likely you will die.

A less known but also useful piece of advice is that staying too close to one another can also get you killed. So for everyone listening, when you hear a boomer, try to be at least a yard or two away from each other. It can easily mean the difference between one person being hit (no big deal) and 3 or 4 players being hit (that could be trouble).

enderjsv on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

That's refreshing since proclemations isn't a goddamn word. What pray tell makes this patch.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We have never seen her mother, also i have not really completed ep two, the final mission annoyed me too much, they just threw so much at the player and called it an ending, it really dissapointed me

Don't feel bad. I never finished Episode 2 either.

My nine year old (at the time) finished it while I was at work and I didn't bother.
    True story.

Roland_tHTG on
    edited June 2009
    We have never seen her mother, also i have not really completed ep two, the final mission annoyed me too much, they just threw so much at the player and called it an ending, it really dissapointed me

My nine year old (at the time) finished it while I was at work and I didn't bother.
    True story.

What was so hard about the ending?
    Just save after every strider you kill, and it's easy.

enderjsv on
    edited June 2009
    The climatic battle of Ep2 was the last stand of the terran combine, it was supposed to be fucking huge

Robman on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    the end to episode 2 is pretty awesome

the last battle aside, you get a pretty important plot development right at the end as well...

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited June 2009
    enderjsv wrote: »

True story.

What was so hard about the ending?
    Just save after every strider you kill, and it's easy.

I'll assume you are asking ZM. If not, I don't know since I didn't play it.

Roland_tHTG on
    edited June 2009
    Episode 2 spoila
    eli dies

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The most important thing to remember is that spamming the voice commands is, and always will be, the height of hilarity. Those that don't appreciate the genius of AHH TANK AHH TANK AHH TANK AHH TANK AHH TANK AHH TANK will be the first against the wall.

May as well give me my last smoke (even though I don't smoke) and put me at the front of the line.

God, that drives me up the wall.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited June 2009
    Zzulu wrote: »
    eli dies
    And Gordon was dead the whole time.

enderjsv on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, this is the Left 4 Dead thread, at least label that as being a spoiler for Episode 2.

subedii on
    edited June 2009
    enderjsv wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Agreed. In this game the farther away from everyone else you are, the more likely you will die.

A less known but also useful piece of advice is that staying too close to one another can also get you killed. So for everyone listening, when you hear a boomer, try to be at least a yard or two away from each other. It can easily mean the difference between one person being hit (no big deal) and 3 or 4 players being hit (that could be trouble).

Very true, but a yard apart isn't that far at all- its amazing how little spacings can make all the difference in the game.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Zzulu wrote: »
    eli dies

And it's a hell of a performance by the voice actors.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2009
    they did an overall very good job throughout the series so far

Valve knows where to hire good voice actors. Between HL2 - Portal and TF2 we get some real good stuff

oh and l4d of course

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Forar wrote: »

May as well give me my last smoke (even though I don't smoke) and put me at the front of the line.

God, that drives me up the wall.

Ahh my old nemesis, text failing to convey tone, we meet again.

I was being sarcastic. That's the one thing that will make me quit a game halfway through.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    To: The People I was just playing with:

I apologize for leaving so abruptly. My mother was having computer issues and my father was bitching at me for not jumping up and helping them. They don't quite understand that I can't "pause" the game. I figured it'd be best to let the bot take over than just being a sitting duck for those 5-10 minutes.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Didn't you predict that a patch would come out two days ago, ZM?

Unearthly Stew on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I apologize for leaving so abruptly. My mother was having computer issues and my father was bitching at me for not jumping up and helping them. They don't quite understand that I can't "pause" the game. I figured it'd be best to let the bot take over than just being a sitting duck for those 5-10 minutes.

No worries :)

The guy who replaced you was a pub but was good, ended up winning by ~1.5k.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We got really lucky with the pubs on both sides that game. Good players that were fun to play with.

BionicPenguin on
    edited June 2009
    Anyone know a) when the latest time valve has updated b) if valve has updated on the weekend?

Nappuccino on

• SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    talking about where you like to be in the group, I prefer either middle of the pack, or rear. Also I find about a 2 or 3 yard spacing is crucial. it allows you to have plenty of room to maneuver, to see zombies with a clear line of sight at nearly all angles, and when someone's pounced it most likely won't effect you even when you're right next them. And I don't mind the back because I'm one of those "paranoid" type of players, constantly looking about, watching in the shadows for any swirling green bugs or a hoodie, or a bloated belly. Plus it allows me to see where everyone else is at.

Only draw back is I'm target #1 for smoker pulls. :(

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2009

As a parent, let me say this: They understand perfectly.
    They just don't care.

Roland_tHTG on
    edited June 2009
    SoulGate wrote: »
    talking about where you like to be in the group, I prefer either middle of the pack, or rear. Also I find about a 2 or 3 yard spacing is crucial. it allows you to have plenty of room to maneuver, to see zombies with a clear line of sight at nearly all angles, and when someone's pounced it most likely won't effect you even when you're right next them. And I don't mind the back because I'm one of those "paranoid" type of players, constantly looking about, watching in the shadows for any swirling green bugs or a hoodie, or a bloated belly. Plus it allows me to see where everyone else is at.

Only draw back is I'm target #1 for smoker pulls. :(

Haha yeah, this is me too.

Nappuccino on

• Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Soulgate likes covering the rear.

Unearthly Stew on
  • AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What are some good custom campaigns/maps that are out? I know about Death Aboard, but that's the only one I've heard of :?

Plus, where would one go to find them (other than L4Dmaps.com, that is... or is that it?)

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ayulin wrote: »
    What are some good custom campaigns/maps that are out? I know about Death Aboard, but that's the only one I've heard of :?

Plus, where would one go to find them (other than L4Dmaps.com, that is... or is that it?)
    Still honestly too early for "good" custom campaigns. At best you'll get some passable ones, since the SDK has only been out for like a month now.

And unfortunately, a lot of the custom content that will get released will be Survival Maps, since they're much smaller and easier to make than full campaigns. :x

Edit: If you're not too concerned with the quality of these early campaigns, you can always find a bunch on the fpsbanana site

http://www.fpsbanana.com/mapcats/4044

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited June 2009
    word is there is a patch tonight, stay tuned

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    word is there is a patch tonight, stay tuned

ZM is like a bizzaro-sage, the exact opposite of everything he says usually comes to pass

Robman on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    THERE ARE NO AMERICAN PATCHES IN BAGHDAD.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I always have high hopes for rumors that start with "word is".

Shabooty on
    edited June 2009
    In my defence ive been right before in my life, no reason to believe im not right now

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    You're expecting Valve to stick to their vague release date for the patch?

BionicPenguin on
    edited June 2009
    Not expecting, knowing

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    Because Valve is famous for sticking to release dates.

BionicPenguin on