As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick Fedex Question

embrikembrik Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Can I pick up a package that I missed delivery on if I don't have the door tag? I have the tracking # and my driver's license.

(Just trying to save myself an extra trip to the other side of town.)

"Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
embrik on

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yes, if it's in your name.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Cool, I'll be giving it a try, here's hoping it saves me time!

embrik on

• Options
    Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I know with UPS if I can find the truck my package is on I can get him to give it to me out of the truck...

Done taht multiple times, often without having to supply a driver's license or tracking number... Just a "Hey, you've got my package on that truck, I'd like it please"... Then provide my name and address...

FedEx did too, but their deliveries were harder to track down...

Nakatomi2010 on
    Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
    Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
    Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If you just missed it today, it will probably still be on the truck, so may want to call first and make sure it's at the main UPS/FedEx place in your area.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    locopostallocopostal Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    also, make sure you're going to the right facility. FedEx Ground, Home Delivery, and Express can all have different locations, though sometimes Ground and Home Delivery operate out of the same building. They should be able to track down the package for you with just your name and address, but yeah, make sure you bring ID with your current address on it.
    If this was the first attempt, it would be a good idea to call ahead and see if they can hold the package for pickup. If it is a Home Delivery package, they run Tuesday through Saturday, and if they don't put a hold on it and you go to pick it up tomorrow, it'll be out on the truck and you could miss it then, ironically. If you know which of the three services it is, FedEx customer service (at 1-800-GoFedex (463-3339)) should be able to place a hold on it with just the name and address.

locopostal on
  • Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I know with UPS if I can find the truck my package is on I can get him to give it to me out of the truck...

Done taht multiple times, often without having to supply a driver's license or tracking number... Just a "Hey, you've got my package on that truck, I'd like it please"... Then provide my name and address...

FedEx did too, but their deliveries were harder to track down...

Dont want to derail too much, but how the hell did you track down the UPS truck?

Iceman.USAF on
  • Options
    Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Through intuition of their route based on where the package was going to, the number of trucks in that area, etc, etc...

Typically it's when I'm near home and bump into the truck near me, I'll ask... Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't...

Asking is important, is the difference between getting a yes or no...

Nakatomi2010 on
    Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
    Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
    Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    BTW, stopped after work at about 4:00 PM local time, and it was there. Saved me a bunch of time and gas!

embrik on