As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Trickster Online!

dizzyshkdizzyshk Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
Not sure if anyone is interested in old 16bit era throw back mmo but this playing this game just screams nostalgia. i miss the good old snes/genesis days.

www.tricksteronline.com

Trickster Online makes me feel like i am back in early/mid 90's. ;)

ArtWork_sample26B.gif

ArtWork_sample25B.gif

screenshot0014.jpg

dizzyshk on

• Options
    DuskTwilightDuskTwilight Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's a pretty looking game, but the class selection really confused me due to the oddball names.

DuskTwilight on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    how does it play? It looks virtually identical to Ragnarok Online.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I was going to say the same thing. So, how is it?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Has anyone actually played this game that can talk about it? It looks really cute and amusing, but I don't want to go through all the trouble of getting it set up to find out it sucks.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I played it for a few hours, then quit. I didn't find it that entertaining. Basically a cut and paste clone of many a korean MMO out there.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I've played this in varying beta stages. It's your standard cute korean MMO. Also a total grindfest for exp and money. It has sort of a unique group system where you can get certain exp bonuses for having class themes in your party but the gameplay depth is so shallow I stopped caring after a while.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I played this about half a year ago and I was charmed by the cuteness of it all, but that was pretty much the only fun thing about it. :? The game plays and feels like Ragnarok Online, minus the understandable classes.

This game kind of demands that you are playing in a party and although this means that you'll never be "alone", most people just don't bother chatting with eachother, as they're just grinding away. You also don't have to cooperate to kill creatures, you just need to be on the same map in a party to get an exp-bonus.

I was trying to do a little translation work for this game, from engrish to English, but the forums were so thoroughly fucked back then, it was impossible to band together with like-minded individuals. D= I gave up on it all soon after.

Aldo on