As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Solicitations for September 2009

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Graphic Violence
I'm surprised no one has posted these yet. Anyway, here are the previews for DC's September books. I'll update the post when the full solicits are posted.

Full Solicitations

EDIT: Full solicits are up.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    THE SHIELD #1
    Written by Eric Trautmann; co-feature written by Brandon Jerwa
    Art by Marco Rudy & Mick Gray; co-feature art by Greg Scott
    Cover by Francis Manapul
    Variant sketch cover by JG Jones
    Spinning out of August’s “Red Circle” event from superstar writer J. Michael Straczynski comes the new ongoing adventures of the patriotic Shield and the mysterious man on the run, Inferno! Eric Trautmann (CHECKMATE) and Marco Rudy (FINAL CRISIS) take Lt. Joe Higgins, a.k.a. The Shield, into the hotspots civilians dare not go. His first mission takes The Shield to the razed country of Bialya, destroyed by the rage of Black Adam in 52. Something lurks in the mountains beyond militia activity, and The Shield must investigate!
    Plus, Inferno stars in a fast-paced co-feature from writer Brandon Jerwa (G.I. Joe) and artist Greg Scott (GOTHAM CENTRAL)! Who is Inferno, and why is he being pursued by the Dark Men? He’d better find out fast because Green Arrow and Black Canary have questions of their own for the new hero!
    Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Francis Manapul), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a sketch cover by JG Jones). See the Previews Order Form for more info.
    On sale September 9 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

Whats with the DC "We need our own version of Cap" fix?

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i just can't believe they're launching ONGOING series of two of those characters and they're not helmed by JMS

i give those series even less time to live than the Vigilante series

Rans on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    THE SHIELD #1
    Written by Eric Trautmann; co-feature written by Brandon Jerwa
    Art by Marco Rudy & Mick Gray; co-feature art by Greg Scott
    Cover by Francis Manapul
    Variant sketch cover by JG Jones
    Spinning out of August’s “Red Circle” event from superstar writer J. Michael Straczynski comes the new ongoing adventures of the patriotic Shield and the mysterious man on the run, Inferno! Eric Trautmann (CHECKMATE) and Marco Rudy (FINAL CRISIS) take Lt. Joe Higgins, a.k.a. The Shield, into the hotspots civilians dare not go. His first mission takes The Shield to the razed country of Bialya, destroyed by the rage of Black Adam in 52. Something lurks in the mountains beyond militia activity, and The Shield must investigate!
    Plus, Inferno stars in a fast-paced co-feature from writer Brandon Jerwa (G.I. Joe) and artist Greg Scott (GOTHAM CENTRAL)! Who is Inferno, and why is he being pursued by the Dark Men? He’d better find out fast because Green Arrow and Black Canary have questions of their own for the new hero!
    Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Francis Manapul), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a sketch cover by JG Jones). See the Previews Order Form for more info.
    On sale September 9 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US
    Whats with the DC "We need our own version of Cap" fix?
    It's another round of the 'let's-integrate-more-purchased-characters-and-possibly-renew-their-copyrights' tango.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Can you imagine The Shield written by Frank Miller? Misogyny, whores, America Fuck yeah cynicism, and whores, whores, whores, whores and more whores.
    Fun for all.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The Web/Hangman look fucking awesome, though.

Tairu on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I hate gangwars in Batman sooooo much.

As all this stupid stuff battle for the cowl set up plays out in Batman and Streets of Gotham, I get to ignore those books. Hurrah!

I'll probably also be able to drop Action Comics and Supergirl here temporarily, as well, which will certainly help out my finances.

Honestly can't say there's too much there I'm interested in, beyond what I'm already reading or have already planned to read.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Full solicits are up.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hah, nice cover, DC:
    bln_batmancv2.jpg

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Huh, the Rise Of The Olympian trade will come out in hardcover and paperback on the same day. How odd.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Huh, the Rise Of The Olympian trade will come out in hardcover and paperback on the same day. How odd.

i'm hoping this is an experiment by DC to find out if releasing them at the same time affects sales one way or the other for either of the releases.

maybe they're finally hearing the annoyance that people have with the trades being released a year after the hardcovers?

i'm seeing this as a potential hopeful sign of progress

Rans on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Rans wrote: »

i'm hoping this is an experiment by DC to find out if releasing them at the same time affects sales one way or the other for either of the releases.

maybe they're finally hearing the annoyance that people have with the trades being released a year after the hardcovers?

i'm seeing this as a potential hopeful sign of progress

Yeah I hope this is the case too.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Or they care so little about WW they have to do this in order to get interest in her. ;)

TexiKen on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So who's Daniel Lu Visi? His Secret Six cover is very nice.
    secret_six_cv13.jpg

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    KidDorkKidDork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    They're letting Kevin Smith write another Batman book? I really must make shitty films that comics executives think kids still like, so I too can write my favourite heroes.

The only things that piqued my interest were Dini's Streets of Gotham and Rucka's Detective.

KidDork on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    who is Red Robin now?

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    who is Red Robin now?

Tim Drake.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    who is Red Robin now?

Tim Drake.

You mean Tim WAYNE. I'm Tim WAYNE!!!!!

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    that's what I thought. why's he so big and buff? is that a change that happened when he was robin or did he grow it for this suit?

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It's a well-known fact that mind-shattering grief triples muscle growth. It's called the sadness diet, and it's why I exercise in a Holocaust museum.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    how old is he in canon? cause i thought he was like 15-17ish...

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    He's 18. Especially with the 6 months later gap between Batman dying and Dick replacing him in the cowl.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Blingston HughesBlingston Hughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Hah, nice cover, DC:
    bln_batmancv2.jpg

Doe, ray, egon?

Blingston Hughes on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Fails for lack of Traps.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    the red hood's sidekick is creepy as shit, damn

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Hah, nice cover, DC:
    bln_batmancv2.jpg

Damian has a grenade launcher...

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Red Robin has an Uzi hanging off of his back.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    GRENADE LAUNCHER!

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Batman's kids are surprisingly adept marksmen for people who were raised by a dude who hates guns.

Or maybe all their shots are missing and they're seconds from being eaten.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I read somewhere that Batman is a trained marksman, he just doesn't believe in using them.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Batman's kids are surprisingly adept marksmen for people who were raised by a dude who hates guns.

Or maybe all their shots are missing and they're seconds from being eaten.

They are shooting away from all the demons so my money is on them being eaten. Unless they are friends with the demons? Geesh, those kids fell in with a bad crowd after Bruce stepped out.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I read somewhere that Batman is a trained marksman, he just doesn't believe in using them.

Bingo. They all know how to shoot guns just to know what to do in disarming people with guns or to shoot a New God in the chest.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    He was so close David Patterson could have made that shot in FC.

Crimsondude on