As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Last Night in New Phalland - Village Victory

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm not sure I'm convinced...

godmode on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    Did Spec get hit by some sort of "paranoid" post restriction? o_O

He certainly hasn't responded to my PMs.
    What, your one PM to me that says "I can't wait until I am in a network and get to kill you"

Yeah, I routinely respond to those. :P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cinders wrote: »
    Man, looks like I didn't miss much today. We have any compelling arguments going on right for who we should vote for? All I see is he-said, she-said.

Goody Nocturne told me she saw you conversing with the devil.

Goody Nocturne is a gossip and a laudanum wench! Many a time have I seen Goody Nocturne behind farmer Olive's Garden, appeasing the men of the colony as one would a poorly greased wagon axle!

The scandalous wench!

Cinders on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, looks like I didn't miss much today. We have any compelling arguments going on right for who we should vote for? All I see is he-said, she-said.

Goody Nocturne is a gossip and a laudanum wench! Many a time have I seen Goody Nocturne behind farmer Olive's Garden, appeasing the men of the colony as one would a poorly greased wagon axle!

The scandalous wench!

The two of you certainly did not besmirch me so last night!
    :lol:

Nocturne on
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

The scandalous wench!

The two of you certainly did not besmirch me so last night!
    :lol:

It appears they were busy besmirching Goody.

RocketSauce on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    TehSpectre

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    On the other hand, Spectre has an appropriate avatar and signature combo and it would be mean to make him waste that on a Day 2 death.

Kid Presentable on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dudes. Seriously? Spectre? Seriously? For what?

It's not even night 2!

GrimmyTOA on
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !godmode
    !B:L

I find this man to be of dubious character, and his brutal besmirching of TehSpectre is troublesome. Take that, ye fiend!

oldmanken on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    B:L because I'm pretty sick of the whole "oh hey, you voted for me, therefore you must be evil" thing.

Vote count:

TehSpectre - 9 (kime voting for TS twice doesn't count double)
    B:L - 3
    godmode - 3
    Dac Vin, Grimmy, Kagera, SpectralSpork, Trus - 1

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    B:L , I guess...

Kid Presentable on
    edited June 2009
    because I'm pretty sick of the whole "oh hey, you voted for me, therefore you must be evil" thing.
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Because I'm not about to join the bandwagon and vote for TehSpectre because he made a joke and made an argument.

Once again pointing out that someone needed to step up and air their suspicions tonight.

I was the only one that did.

Now I am being voted out because of it.

Dumbest. Reasoning. Ever.

Not to mention I am the one posting the most and trying to get some decent back-and-forth going, whereas half the votes against me have no reasoning (posted) behind them.

What the hell, village?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    because I'm pretty sick of the whole "oh hey, you voted for me, therefore you must be evil" thing.
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Because I'm not about to join the bandwagon and vote for TehSpectre because he made a joke and made an argument.

Once again pointing out that someone needed to step up and air their suspicions tonight.

I was the only one that did.

Now I am being voted out because of it.

Dumbest. Reasoning. Ever.

Not to mention I am the one posting the most and trying to get some decent back-and-forth going, whereas half the votes against me have no reasoning (posted) behind them.

What the hell, village?

I do agree that reasoning is conspiciously absent, but this DOES prove my theorem of the village sucking.

SpectralSpork on
    edited June 2009
    Says the guy who voted the person voting him.

=/

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I shall throw my vote at B:L

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited June 2009
    Says the guy who voted the person voting him.

=/

I'd like to be able to talk about that but I can't. If it makes you feel better, B:L.

SpectralSpork on
    edited June 2009
    I have had some weird PMs much like that Spectral has just said.

I do believe the servants are being forced to vote a certain way at times?

Conspiracy!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Usually, such fiends don't argue so much, thusly I retract my Spectre vote and change it to The Lord of Hats instead.

godmode on
    edited June 2009

Conspiracy!

Maybe. Maybe not. We can't say.

SpectralSpork on
    edited June 2009
    godmode wrote: »
    Usually, such fiends don't argue so much, thusly I retract my Spectre vote and change it to The Lord of Hats instead.

Do we even play the same game?

SpectralSpork on
    edited June 2009

I'm in a game all my own.

godmode on
    edited June 2009

And people bitch about me.

SpectralSpork on
    edited June 2009

I'm still learning, and going off advice I've heard from others! Cut me some slack, eh?

godmode on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I really don't find either bandwagon suspicious, but if I had to call one of these dudes as evil I would call it !B:L

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited June 2009

I'm still learning, and going off advice I've heard from others! Cut me some slack, eh?

From me, that was a compliment. Perhaps in time we will have a third.

SpectralSpork on
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I know I've already jumped on one bandwagon, but now that I actually had some time to review posts, neither has any good logic behind it, and only one has had anyone saying why you shouldn't vote for it.

So, !retract TheSpectre
    !B:L

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Conspiracy!

What PMs?

And my vote is on you because your reason for suspecting me is dumb as hell. It's almost as bad as visblehowl's lie over there about how he hates me. Also, the reasoning against you isn't as dumb as you want us to think it is. You called out DA as a vig kill, then when the narration didn't seem to work out for you, you backtracked and didn't even acknowledge what you said.

I don't get why people are changing the votes like that, since the reasoning to save Spectre would be the same reasoning to save me. There's other suspicion targets out there. For instance, oldmanken, visiblehowl, and Kid Presentable all voted in a similar block. That feels like a coordinated mafia-style push.

Still, Spectre is suspicious because he ought to know better than to fall for ploys, it's more likely he's the one making one up.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Responding publicly to the PM B:L just sent me...
    B:L wrote:
    How evil are you, Spectre, oldmanken, and Kid Presentable, eh?
    Here's what happened...

TehSpectre, oldmanken, Kid Presentable and I were just normal Puritans, on a ship on our way to the New World. Suddenly, our ship encountered an eerie fog in the middle of the ocean. We did our best to navigate, but we feared that we were getting off course. Then Spectre noticed a strange....darkness in the middle of the fog. It seemed to blink, almost, as if it were some kind of light. As our ship steered towards it, we realized it was a small island. On the edge of this island was a lighthouse! Only, instead of shining light, it was emitting a beam of pure blackness.

As the ship pulled alongside the island, the four of us were selected to go investigate. When our rowboat reached the shore, we set out climbing the rocky coast to reach the ridge upon which the..."darkhouse" stood. Within the space of an hour or so, we stood in front of the door at the base of the structure. None of us was willing to enter first. Finally, TehSpectre took a deep breath and bravely grasped the door handle and yanked it open. Darkness poured from the doorway, consuming him utterly as he screamed in pain. The rest of us tried to flee, but we were not fast enough, and we were surrounded by darkness as well. I felt as if my body was being torn asunder, as a syrupy blackness filled my gaping wounds and corrupted my very soul. After what seemed like years, I suddenly awoke, lying on my back on that rocky ridge, staring up at the lighthouse, which was now emitting a brilliant yellow light. TehSpectre appeared over me and offered his hand, helping me to my feet. I had been...changed. I now saw that my singular purpose was the complete destruction of all humanity. This ship was on its way to the New World, but I knew that we had to destroy the crew and make our way back to England to continue our grisly work. We returned to the ship, claiming that we had been unable to get inside the lighthouse and that it had suddenly changed. The fog dissipated, and the ship set sail again, while TehSpectre, oldmanken, Kid Presentable and I began concocting our fiendish plans...

So, to answer your question: extremely.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited June 2009
    Here's what happened...

TehSpectre, oldmanken, Kid Presentable and I were just normal Puritans, on a ship on our way to the New World. Suddenly, our ship encountered an eerie fog in the middle of the ocean. We did our best to navigate, but we feared that we were getting off course. Then Spectre noticed a strange....darkness in the middle of the fog. It seemed to blink, almost, as if it were some kind of light. As our ship steered towards it, we realized it was a small island. On the edge of this island was a lighthouse! Only, instead of shining light, it was emitting a beam of pure blackness.

As the ship pulled alongside the island, the four of us were selected to go investigate. When our rowboat reached the shore, we set out climbing the rocky coast to reach the ridge upon which the..."darkhouse" stood. Within the space of an hour or so, we stood in front of the door at the base of the structure. None of us was willing to enter first. Finally, TehSpectre took a deep breath and bravely grasped the door handle and yanked it open. Darkness poured from the doorway, consuming him utterly as he screamed in pain. The rest of us tried to flee, but we were not fast enough, and we were surrounded by darkness as well. I felt as if my body was being torn asunder, as a syrupy blackness filled my gaping wounds and corrupted my very soul. After what seemed like years, I suddenly awoke, lying on my back on that rocky ridge, staring up at the lighthouse, which was now emitting a brilliant yellow light. TehSpectre appeared over me and offered his hand, helping me to my feet. I had been...changed. I now saw that my singular purpose was the complete destruction of all humanity. This ship was on its way to the New World, but I knew that we had to destroy the crew and make our way back to England to continue our grisly work. We returned to the ship, claiming that we had been unable to get inside the lighthouse and that it had suddenly changed. The fog dissipated, and the ship set sail again, while TehSpectre, oldmanken, Kid Presentable and I began concocting our fiendish plans...

What.

• NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I really hate this turn of events. Spectre has pulled all sorts of whiny bullshit to get the vote off him when he's been evil before.

And there was reasoning behind the vote for you, Spectre. It wasn't because "you were the only one to give ideas" or whatever bullshit you've been spouting. It's because you're suspicious, deal with it.

Nocturne on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What.

Hilarity!

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited June 2009

Conspiracy!

What PMs?

1) And my vote is on you because your reason for suspecting me is dumb as hell. It's almost as bad as visblehowl's lie over there about how he hates me. Also, the reasoning against you isn't as dumb as you want us to think it is. 2) You called out DA as a vig kill, then when the narration didn't seem to work out for you, you backtracked and didn't even acknowledge what you said.

I don't get why people are changing the votes like that, since the reasoning to save Spectre would be the same reasoning to save me. There's other suspicion targets out there. For instance, oldmanken, visiblehowl, and Kid Presentable all voted in a similar block. That feels like a coordinated mafia-style push.

Still, Spectre is suspicious because he ought to know better than to fall for ploys, it's more likely he's the one making one up.
    1) I don't see it as dumb. I believe in old-timey intuition and would use this tactic to remove the people I know would try and kill me if I were evil. I know you're not dumb and have been around the block, so it makes some sense.

2) Go back and check out my posts. I told DA I was just kidding right after he did his "Oh great." post BEFORE the narration. This is pretty dumb, B:L.

Also, why would I share PMs with you? They're private for a reason.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Here's what happened...

What.

Seconded.

SpectralSpork on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Here's what happened...

What.

Goodmen TehSpectre, oldmanken, Kid Presentable, and visiblehowl would appear to have been possessed by the devil.

Cinders on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ok, WTF is going on.

Savant on
    edited June 2009
    That is an amazing post.

VH wrote some slashfiction for B:L and he posted it to the thread.

It's a joke, fellas.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    It's because you're suspicious, deal with it.

How so?

oldmanken on
    edited June 2009
    2) Go back and check out my posts. I told DA I was just kidding right after he did his "Oh great." post BEFORE the narration. This is pretty dumb, B:L.

Also, why would I share PMs with you? They're private for a reason.

The thing is, it's entirely possible that if the narration did work out for you, where it wasn't obvious what killed who, then you could easily "just kidding" the "just kidding" and ream the network up the ass when specials would contact you. Given, like you said, that there are more inexperienced members here, that plan would work, and with your background in deceptive ploys I wouldn't put it past you.

edited June 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    Ok, WTF is going on.

All I can say at this point is that I feel it's in our best interest to vote out Spectre, just so we can figure out what's going on and to see if the suspicions on him are correct.

If he's evil, then we can look into that voting block to pinpoint some accomplices of his.

edited June 2009
    That is an amazing post.

VH wrote some slashfiction for B:L and he posted it to the thread.

It's a joke, fellas.
    It's not slashfiction, TehSpectre. I didn't write a part where you and I have sex.

....yet.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png