As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Last Night in New Phalland - Village Victory

• NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    It's because you're suspicious, deal with it.

How so?

He's been posting. I've been reading. I've been finding him suspicious.

I'm too lazy to backtrack 13 pages searching for examples just to please you.

Nocturne on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    2) Go back and check out my posts. I told DA I was just kidding right after he did his "Oh great." post BEFORE the narration. This is pretty dumb, B:L.

Also, why would I share PMs with you? They're private for a reason.

The thing is, it's entirely possible that if the narration did work out for you, where it wasn't obvious what killed who, then you could easily "just kidding" the "just kidding" and ream the network up the ass when specials would contact you. Given, like you said, that there are more inexperienced members here, that plan would work, and with your background in deceptive ploys I wouldn't put it past you.
    Man, not only are you reaching, but there are some straws just out of said reach that you are grasping at.

I mean, really?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    Ok, WTF is going on.

All I can say at this point is that I feel it's in our best interest to vote out Spectre, just so we can figure out what's going on and to see if the suspicions on him are correct.

If he's evil, then we can look into that voting block to pinpoint some accomplices of his.

This too.

Nocturne on
    edited June 2009
    That is an amazing post.

VH wrote some slashfiction for B:L and he posted it to the thread.

It's a joke, fellas.
    It's not slashfiction, TehSpectre. I didn't write a part where you and I have sex.

....yet.
    I figured we had an occult orgy in the blackness and/or were raped by Cthulu.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    New vote count:

B:L- 7
    TehSpectre - 7
    godmode - 2
    A bunch of people with 1 vote

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    2) Go back and check out my posts. I told DA I was just kidding right after he did his "Oh great." post BEFORE the narration. This is pretty dumb, B:L.

The thing is, it's entirely possible that if the narration did work out for you, where it wasn't obvious what killed who, then you could easily "just kidding" the "just kidding" and ream the network up the ass when specials would contact you. Given, like you said, that there are more inexperienced members here, that plan would work, and with your background in deceptive ploys I wouldn't put it past you.
    Man, not only are you reaching, but there are some straws just out of said reach that you are grasping at.

I mean, really?

Unless you think I'm psychic and killed DA to make you look suspicous even though you declared the kill after vote close, then yeah, you would be the type to do that.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Wouldn't they want to seer him before contacting him? Also, do we know who did the second kill in the narration? Was that a vig?

Savant on
    edited June 2009

How so?

Amazing.

WHy don't you try and help the village by supporting your claims instead of just saying "He's suspicious because of his posts, but screw you guys I am too lazy to help you understand!"

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That is an amazing post.

VH wrote some slashfiction for B:L and he posted it to the thread.

It's a joke, fellas.
    It's not slashfiction, TehSpectre. I didn't write a part where you and I have sex.

....yet.
    I figured we had an occult orgy in the blackness and/or were raped by Cthulu.
    Ah, so implied slash.

Interesting that you'd take that impression away from my fiction when I didn't put it in. Anything you'd like to confess to me, TehSpectre? :winky:

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited June 2009

I mean, really?

Unless you think I'm psychic and killed DA to make you look suspicous even though you declared the kill after vote close, then yeah, you would be the type to do that.
    I think DA was killed because he was an experienced player, not to implicate me.

I've never cried set-up.

Still muddling the facts for your own favor, eh?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    man what?

!Retract B:L

I don't even know anymore.

Was that an epic reveal? I dont know because it didnt have EPIC REVEAL in big bold text in it =p

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
    edited June 2009
    Corbius wrote: »
    man what?

Was that an epic reveal? I dont know because it didnt have EPIC REVEAL in big bold text in it =p
    What? How is he revealing as anything? o_O

Also, I like that you retracted once the vote count was posted and it showed B:L and I were tied.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Bah colors !Retract B:L

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    edited June 2009

Wouldn't they want to seer him before contacting him? Also, do we know who did the second kill in the narration? Was that a vig?

The seer has the ability to seer him, but the other specials don't. It's possible that he was attempting to prey on the more inexperienced players or the likelihood of an obscure narration, where he could claim that a bad guy wouldn't declare their kill and convince some specials to contact him.

edited June 2009

Let me be clear, that was not a reveal in any sense of the word. I made up a story out of whole cloth to emphasize the ridiculousness of B:L's accusations. It was satire.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited June 2009

How so?

Amazing.

WHy don't you try and help the village by supporting your claims instead of just saying "He's suspicious because of his posts, but screw you guys I am too lazy to help you understand!"

Because I don't have to waste my time in order to appease your crying.

Nocturne on
    edited June 2009
    No, whatever the hell that epic darkness trek of black lighthouse that VH posted.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Ok so its not a reveal but I'm still undecided. You know who hasn't said much? Kagera

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    edited June 2009

How so?

Amazing.

Because I don't have to waste my time in order to appease your crying.
    Crying? Really?

Pointing out how silly everyone is being? No worries though, I am sad I'm not gonna be able to play anymore! :?

Nevermind the fact that if B:L is evil and I am the cause of him getting voted out as such, I will be mafia-killed the same night.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Ok so its not a reveal but I'm still undecided. You know who hasn't said much? Kagera
    I am without words.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited June 2009
    man what?

What? How is he revealing as anything? o_O

Also, I like that you retracted once the vote count was posted and it showed B:L and I were tied.

Epic backpeddaling of a new player who doesn't know how to save his evil teammate without seeming suspicious.

I am calling Corbius as evil as well, if B:L happens to be unclean.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

The seer has the ability to seer him, but the other specials don't. It's possible that he was attempting to prey on the more inexperienced players or the likelihood of an obscure narration, where he could claim that a bad guy wouldn't declare their kill and convince some specials to contact him.

I don't really like your reasoning here. That is a rather speculative thing for TS to do on day 1. I'm not saying this makes you evil, but it seems sorta flimsy.

Savant on
    edited June 2009
    Crying? Really?

Come on now, Spec. You've been overusing the italics with the "really?"s and "Amazing"s, and patronizing us villagers, but there's no need for that. It just seems like you're trying to play everything off all cool-like, but who are you trying to fool? :?

VH should remember the last time he called my claims ridiculous; the mafia achieved a near-perfect victory.

Spectre, not everyone against you is evil. Your detection skills seem off this game, and that's usually the case when you're hiding something.

edited June 2009
    "Man, VH should remember the last time he called my strategy of always going all in on 10-8 off-suit 'ridiculous'...I ended up with a full house after the flop came up 10-10-8!"

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited June 2009
    I don't really like your reasoning here. That is a rather speculative thing for TS to do on day 1. I'm not saying this makes you evil, but it seems sorta flimsy.

I will admit that it's speculative and circumstancial, but it's my best observation for day 1. Spectre on the other hand has an absolutely terrible theory with no basis whatsoever. That's the reason I'm voting for him, even though he's usually a helpful player. He's not being helpful now. :?

And VH did this same exact sarcastic ass unhelpful posting in that game where the village lost terribly. I sense a pattern.

edited June 2009
    Crying? Really?

Come on now, Spec. You've been overusing the italics with the "really?"s and "Amazing"s, and patronizing us villagers, but there's no need for that. It just seems like you're trying to play everything off all cool-like, but who are you trying to fool? :?

VH should remember the last time he called my claims ridiculous; the mafia achieved a near-perfect victory.

Spectre, not everyone against you is evil. Your detection skills seem off this game, and that's usually the case when you're hiding something.
    We can't test this theory until you're dead.

Not to mention that I don't claim everyone against me is evil.

Just you. and Corbius.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Frankly, I think Corbius is a baddie no matter what happens tonight. The whole "I'm so confused" bit is a surprisingly good bad-guy-indicator.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited June 2009

Villagers aren't evil. Just stupid, huh?

The same exact reason that VH claims is why he's voting for me... except he's on your side.

Wonder why.

edited June 2009

The same exact reason that VH claims is why he's voting for me... except he's on your side.

Wonder why.
    Evil conspiracy out to get you, B:L.

Rawr.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'll be the first to admit that my vote for B:L is just as big of a shot in the dark as an opposite vote for Spectre would be. I think it is very likely that you're both clean and we're wasting our time, but it really does need to be one or the other tonight - no point in wasting a vote on a random person, right?

My main problem with B:L's case against Spectre is that it relies on what I think is an ultra-specific and highly unlikely strategy by Spectre. You really lost me when you said that his master plan was to say that he was just kidding about the time he said he was just kidding. I just don't see all the things you're accusing Spectre of masterminding as likely to have happened on a Day 0. Not that this necessarily means that you are evil, B:L, but what else am I supposed to go on?

Kid Presentable on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Frankly, I think Corbius is a baddie no matter what happens tonight. The whole "I'm so confused" bit is a surprisingly good bad-guy-indicator.

Not defending Corbius, but I know that is a load of bollocks reasoning because I have been "I'm so confused" guy before.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
    edited June 2009

Wonder why.
    Probably because you tried to claim that all four of the people who voted for you earlier were a bad guy voting bloc.

The fact that you said this:
    B:L wrote:
    Spectre, not everyone against you is evil.

Is just so laughably ridiculous my brain is still trying to figure out how to process it.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited June 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »

Not defending Corbius, but I know that is a load of bollocks reasoning because I have been "I'm so confused" guy before.
    I used to think this too. I did. Because I too have been the "I'm so confused" guy.

And then literally 6 times in a row I was in mafia games where the guy who claimed confusion ended up being mafia.

I mean, anecdotal evidence lolz, but....I dunno...I think I'm coming around on that one.

Obviously, not everybody who voices confusion is going to be a bad guy. However, I find myself extremely suspicious of anybody who does.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited June 2009
    My main problem with B:L's case against Spectre is that it relies on what I think is an ultra-specific and highly unlikely strategy by Spectre. You really lost me when you said that his master plan was to say that he was just kidding about the time he said he was just kidding. I just don't see all the things you're accusing Spectre of masterminding as likely to have happened on a Day 0. Not that this necessarily means that you are evil, B:L, but what else am I supposed to go on?

I wouldn't put it past spectre to hatch up a plan like that. But I also wouldn't say it is 100% likely. He plays this a bunch. Gotta try everything once right?

JebusUD on
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

How so?

Which could be short form for saying, "I don't really have any suspicion, I just want to vote him out." Now that may not be the case, and you may instead be working upon the spurious logic which started the witch hunt. However, that would be silly, as the case against TehSpectre is far from compelling, just as the case against anyone else would be a tough sell right now.

Yet, you and B:L seem hell bent on ensuring that TehSpectre gets the axe? Curious.

oldmanken on
    edited June 2009

He pulled it after the vote count was posted showing myself and B:L in a tie.

This is kinda damning, from my perspective.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited June 2009
    I'll be the first to admit that my vote for B:L is just as big of a shot in the dark as an opposite vote for Spectre would be. I think it is very likely that you're both clean and we're wasting our time, but it really does need to be one or the other tonight - no point in wasting a vote on a random person, right?

No, the main reasoning against Spectre was that he tried to control the vote early, with a vote push backed by faulty logic. He seems to get more and more suspicious as these others like visiblehowl come out to support him, not with logic but with sarcasm and defilement.

edited June 2009

I used to think this too. I did. Because I too have been the "I'm so confused" guy.

And then literally 6 times in a row I was in mafia games where the guy who claimed confusion ended up being mafia.

I mean, anecdotal evidence lolz, but....I dunno...I think I'm coming around on that one.

Obviously, not everybody who voices confusion is going to be a bad guy. However, I find myself extremely suspicious of anybody who does.

That makes Savant suspicious too. Just want to put that out there savant, old buddy for getting everyone to lick your balls in the star wars phalla and screwing up me and ride the bombs plans. :.P

JebusUD on
    edited June 2009

How so?

Which could be short form for saying, "I don't really have any suspicion, I just want to vote him out." Now that may not be the case, and you may instead be working upon the spurious logic which started the witch hunt. However, that would be silly, as the case against TehSpectre is far from compelling, just as the case against anyone else would be a tough sell right now.

Yet, you and B:L seem hell bent on ensuring that TehSpectre gets the axe? Curious.

No, it means I have my suspicions, but I'm really not going to spend time going through each one of his posts and pointing shit out just because you ask me to.

I also think he's being a dick and patronizing the village, like someone else mentioned. He also keeps claiming bullshit like "I was bandwagoned because I was the only one who gave out ideas" blah blah.

Nocturne on
    edited June 2009

No, the main reasoning against Spectre was that he tried to control the vote early, with a vote push backed by faulty logic. He seems to get more and more suspicious as these others like visiblehowl come out to support him, not with logic but with sarcasm and defilement.
    Posting my suspicions early on means trying to control the vote?

Man, I had all these hidden agendas I didn't realize.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg