As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MiniPhalla] Prelude to Phallakinetic - Non-psychics win!

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hmm. Bad guys who I have from a reliable source have a seer, and also come back as a giant robot?

They would be the best bad guys ever

I'm pretty sure they don't sound like a mafia group that causes everyone else to lose. Though I admit I'm not totally sure on that, but it seems pretty reasonable.

El Skid on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    All the actions happen simultaneously as said in the OP. So the Behemoth and my kill should come at the same time.

The best thing for the psychic is to talk to me for a 100% chance to win, either through a draw or through a killing of the non psychics. Otherwise he has a 50% chance to lose.

Yes because trusting you and siding with the Disciples of the goddamned Renegade sounds like such a flawless plan.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Right, so if he doesn't talk to me and I guess wrong, the game will be at BEST a draw for him, at WORST a loss.

If he does talk to me its a guaranteed win.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Right, so if he doesn't talk to me and I guess wrong, the game will be at BEST a draw for him, at WORST a loss.

That word...I dono teenk eet means what you teenk it means.

Unless you're reliably guaranteeing that a draw is the same as a win, and I'd honestly want to see orange text from a certain supercomputer before I believed it.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Yes because trusting you and siding with the Disciples of the goddamned Renegade sounds like such a flawless plan.

When the Psychics can win with the Disciples of the goddamned Renegade it makes sense.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    El Skid wrote: »
    Hmm. Bad guys who I have from a reliable source have a seer, and also come back as a giant robot?

I'm pretty sure they don't sound like a mafia group that causes everyone else to lose. Though I admit I'm not totally sure on that, but it seems pretty reasonable.

Oo oo that's me! Pick me!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2009

That word...I dono teenk eet means what you teenk it means.

Unless you're reliably guaranteeing that a draw is the same as a win, and I'd honestly want to see orange text from a certain supercomputer before I believed it.

If the last Psychic votes for the last non psychic, he will die before all actions. Guaranteed Psychic win.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    kime wrote: »

It's better to see it as factions:
    Disciples vs Non-psychics.
    Domarions vs psychics.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

It's better to see it as factions:
    Disciples vs Non-psychics.
    Domarions vs psychics.

Better from your point of view haha. Of course you want to see it like that, silly.

There is more than one non-psychic. Just, you know, FYI.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You have the Behemoth, one omnipresent role.
    Trust and El Skid who are ???
    Ebfan and I as Psychics

If El Skid and Trust are both non psychics then today would not exist. You are obviously lying.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well, I was counting the Behemoth as a non-psychic. Which it is.

But really, your assessment of this as a faction game is wrong. You die, everyone wins.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Wouldn't that be awkward if it had to eat itself?

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

But really, your assessment of this as a faction game is wrong. You die, everyone wins.

Right which means
    2 Non Psychics
    2 Disciples

1 Psychic who can go either way and going with me means he has a 100% chance to win, going with you means he has a 50/50 chance.

Anyways its up that 1 psychic, us arguing does nothing.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    <Blah blah blah blah I am distorting the truth to try to convince people to let me win blah blah>.

:P

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    My trigger finger is itching.

Fido wants to play.
    starscream.jpg

Nocturne on
  • Options
    The SupercomputerThe Supercomputer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Vote closed.

Last narration pending.

The Supercomputer on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I hate you all.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I hate you all.
    :P

Now, to see how this turns out....

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Azn, it's only a game. No need for the hate.

Who did you pick in the end?

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Trust wrote: »

Secret.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Secret.

I enjoy secrets. It's fun to have them, no?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The Last Day

Amtheaz Enmann sank to his knees. It was all over.

‘But... but... you’re a seer!’ he screamed at the communicator’s display. ‘You’re one of us!’

‘I’m not psychic,’ said Elsk, simply. The transmission was hazy and distorted by the constant explosions outside, but it was possible to see the man give a semi-apologetic shrug. ‘I’m a detective. I figure these things out with good-old-fashioned brain power. The sort that doesn’t make things explode or float.’

‘I...’ Enmann trailed off. What could he say, now?

The apartment finally crumbled under the sustained firepower of the Legionaries.

Outside in the dust, Trust, already murdered by the Disciples, was trodden on by the Behemoth. Perhaps it was just making sure.

The Legion sergeant, while grimly satisfied that Enmann had finally been killed, shuddered at the sight. The colossal robot walked away, appearing to make the whole planet tremble with every step.

‘Command killed the last of the Arcadian psychics,’ he said emotionlessly. ‘They had the robot do their dirty work.’

‘It counts as meeting our objective,’ said Captain Skye, somewhere in orbit but broadcasted by the officer’s communicator. ‘All the Arcadian psychics are dead. Ergo, any remaining psychics are hostile. Therefore, we can scan for psionic activity... and locate the remaining Disciple with ease. No interference.’

The sergeant turned off his computer. And threw up.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"It's all over then, hmm?" Officer Quotis murmured. "Such a shame. So many lives lost."

Third Inspector Carb shrugged. "It was this or blow up the planet, you know."

Quotis snorted. "Would have been faster, and about the same result."

Carb laid a hand on her arm. "It's not your fault about the Renegade-"

She pulled away, frowning. "Not my fault that an insane mass murderer escaped to continue his bizarre killing spree? Cold comfort, that. Cold as space."

They stood silently watching as the last Legion air fortress broke through the atmosphere and floated up to rejoin the fleet of capital ships and smaller vessels.

"Look on the bright side," Carb said finally. "At least some survived."

"Bollocks to them," Quotis muttered.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A million miles away, Rend was slightly disconcerted to find that there was a voice in his head. But he recognised it instantly.

So you survived. How fascinating.

‘You don’t scare me, computer. You’re just a lump of metal full of electrical impulses.’

That is because fear is futile. A waste of resources. Fear of failure merely taxes runtime and makes failure all the more probable.

You are just a lump of organic residue that happened to become capable of manipulating electrical impulses on an atomic scale. You were birthed by random chance, whereas I was birthed by a godlike ancient civilisation that was capable of stop-starting the Big Bang.

Anything you can do, I have been doing for thousands of years, Renegade.

‘My name is Rend. Remember it. There are worse things than me out there, you cybernetic bastard.’

I know.

I am one of them.

Until our next encounter, Renegade.

Casualty report

iamtheaznman - Disciple of the Renegade, the Nullifier - democratically executed by the remnants of Arcadian society
    Trust - Arcadian Psychic, a Telepath - crushed underfoot by a giant indestructible death robot after being obliterated by unspeakable psionic energies

Winners

Rend - the Renegade - successfully removed the Domarians from the planet
    Non-psychic Arcadians - killed all Arcadian psychics
    The Domarians - kime, SkyCaptain, and Nocturne - killed all Arcadian psychics

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Damn't Trust and Skid.

I hate you all.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I was an unofficial disciple of Rend. I consider this a win. :winky:

Burnage on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Can we start the raging and grudging now?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Wow, poor Trust got hurt quite a bit haha.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    GnershGnersh Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Posthumous win! That Rend tricked us with his gentlemanly manners. From now on if someone says a kind word to me I'm punching them in the face!

Edit: I forgot to say but the narration has been spectacular during the whole run. Good Job!

Gnersh on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Disciples proboard:
    http://sotheres3ofus.proboards.com/

@Edcrab: I had a lot of fun, I liked the dynamic. I await the post game report, as there seems to have been a ton of unexpected stuff.

@Trust: I was originally going to target El Skid but then he messaged me about winning with me so I changed it. Damn you trustworthy Skid. Why wouldn't you contact me Trust? Why would you have Psychics lose? We had a 100% chance to win. I hate you all.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Gnersh wrote: »
    Posthumous win! That Rend tricked us with his gentlemanly manners. From now on if someone says a kind word to me I'm punching them in the face!
    I can't believe any of you non-Disciples didn't suspect Rend after his Day 2/3 interactions with Nocturne.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Disciples proboard:
    http://sotheres3ofus.proboards.com/

@Edcrab: I had a lot of fun, I liked the dynamic. I await the post game report, as there seems to have been a ton of unexpected stuff.

@Trust: I was originally going to target El Skid but then he messaged me about winning with me so I changed it. Damn you trustworthy Skid. Why wouldn't you contact me Trust? Why would you have Psychics lose? We had a 100% chance to win. I hate you all.
    Yeah, if you'd have controlled the vote to one of us, I think you'd have won. But tooo bad :P.

Oh, and if we'd have killed Ebfan, then the Arcadians would have won, but we Domarians would have lost. Which we couldn't stand for, of course, haha.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Amazing game, though I'm dissapointed in a lot of my decisions that ended up being wrong.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    In the end, it came down to whether I wanted to side with the bad guys. I'd rather let El Skid win than let the bad guys win when I'm a villager. Simple.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I won!

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Amazing game, though I'm dissapointed in a lot of my decisions that ended up being wrong.

One of those decisions being trusting me.

I fed godmode, kime and nocturne's roles to Rend, who I knew to be the renegade.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    In the end, it came down to whether I wanted to side with the bad guys. I'd rather let El Skid win than let the bad guys win when I'm a villager. Simple.

You'd rather let your opposite faction, the non psychics to win, then your own faction. You sacrificed your own factions win for an opposing one.

Great. I know who I am grudging from now until forever.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

I fed godmode, kime and nocturne's roles to Rend, who I knew to be the renegade.

We tried to kill/convert you, but you had to go die on us.

I hate the RNG this game.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The Disciples really weren't that bad, I don't think. I mean, if you can win with them it's not that bad, mm?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

We tried to kill/convert you, but you had to go die on us.

I hate the RNG this game.

Ordering a group execution of godmode was plenty compensation.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

You'd rather let your opposite faction, the non psychics to win, then your own faction. You sacrificed your own factions win for an opposing one.

Great. I know who I am grudging from now until forever.

Wrong.

While he was 'an opposing faction', he was also an innocent Arcadian, like me. You got hung up on the faction side of things. I saw it as village vs mafia. At the last, I decided to do what felt right. And what felt right was not to let the goddamn mafia win.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Domarian Proboard

Should be unlocked.

kime on
    Steam profile