As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mirror's Edge - Mirror's Edge 2 is more likely than you think! Now on iPhone!

BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Games and Technology
Wikipedia wrote:
Mirror's Edge is a first person action-adventure video game developed by EA Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The game was released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in November 2008. A Windows version was also released on January 16, 2009.

The game was announced on July 10, 2007, and is powered by the Unreal Engine 3 with the addition of a new lighting solution, developed by Illuminate Labs in association with DICE. The game has a realistic, brightly-coloured style and differs from most other first-person perspective video games in allowing for a wider range of actions—such as sliding under barriers, tumbling, wall-running, and shimmying across ledges—and greater freedom of movement, in having no HUD, and in allowing the legs, arms, and torso of the character to be visible on-screen.

The game is set in a society where communication is heavily monitored by a totalitarian regime, and so a network of runners, including the main character, Faith, are used to transmit messages while evading government surveillance.

mirrorsedge.jpg

Arguably the best game (from a visual standpoint) to use the Unreal 3 engine to date, Mirror's Edge is one of the prettiest games to grace the gaming industry this current generation. The game is a first person shooter where you play as Faith, a female "runner" in a anti-utopian society which monitors their citizens very closely. Any free distribution of information is left to the "runners" that traverse through the city's skyscrapers, outcast and outside of the regular society, physically moving the information from one point to another. As such, its gameplay differs from most FPS games. Mirror's Edge focuses on Parkour moves and acrobatics, challenging the player to traverse the city, evading pursuit as they get from one level to another. As such, it is possible to go through the entire game and not kill a single one of your pursuers, however the player still has the option and is mandated in very few instances to engage the enemy.

mirrorsedgescr1.jpg

The game has received largely positive reviews, praising the unique visual style and artistic direction utilizing the Unreal Engine, which is usually used in games that have a bland brown and gray palette in order to portray realism. Mirror's Edge breaks that cycle, portraying an equally impressive attempt at displaying a different kind of reality. The only downsides were the game's arguably harsh requirements it puts on the player in terms of required skill to move through the levels, and its general story, though perhaps more on the manner in which it is told.

me1v.jpg

The game comes in two flavors. General console on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, and then the enhanced PC version. Boasting the standard mouse+keyboard controls (as is natural for a First Person Shooter), the main change however, is the introduction of the PhysX support from nVidia, allowing those with nVidia GPU's to push the game's added physics, such as shattered glass, ripped cloth, and general particle effects, significantly heightening the graphic fidelity of an already fantastically looking game.

An example of such particle effects. This may break your page. Intentionally.
mirrors_edge.png

A few more images of the game running at super resolutions. This will definitely break your page, you will scream. Intentionally.
mirrors_edge_pcgames012.jpg

mirrors_edge_pcgames007.jpg

mirrors_edge_pcgames005.jpg

This is a high fidelity image of the texture work that the game displays at its highest levels of quality, and shows just how far the Unreal Engine was pushed with this game.
orangex.png

How the game may look on your TV. (more huge screenshots)
highresscreenshot00004.jpg

highresscreenshot00002.jpg

highresscreenshot00019.jpg

highresscreenshot00034.jpg

highresscreenshot00001.jpg

highresscreenshot00022.jpg

highresscreenshot00004.jpg

highresscreenshot00000.jpg

highresscreenshot00036.jpg

highresscreenshot00010.jpg

highresscreenshot00013.jpg

highresscreenshot00011.jpg

highresscreenshot00006.jpg

highresscreenshot00003.jpg

highresscreenshot00009.jpg

highresscreenshot00008.jpg

highresscreenshot00002.jpg

highresscreenshot00012c.jpg

highresscreenshot00015.jpg

highresscreenshot00014.jpg

highresscreenshot00005w.jpg

highresscreenshot00020.jpg

highresscreenshot00018w.jpg

highresscreenshot00017.jpg

highresscreenshot00016.jpg

highresscreenshot00021.jpg

highresscreenshot00023.jpg

highresscreenshot00025.jpg

highresscreenshot00024.jpg

highresscreenshot00030.jpg

highresscreenshot00029.jpg

highresscreenshot00032.jpg

highresscreenshot00027.jpg

highresscreenshot00033.jpg

highresscreenshot00027.jpg

highresscreenshot00028.jpg

highresscreenshot00034.jpg

highresscreenshot00035.jpg

The first teaser trailer.

Teaser Trailer

DLC was released for the game, which features levels specifically designed for those that liked the Time Trial and Speed Run challenges of the vanilla. Levels are uniquely constructed utilizing a type of virtual setting.

Downloadable Content

NOTE YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO PLAY THE DLC IF YOU BUY THIS GAME ON STEAM.

It has recently been confirmed that Mirrors Edge 2 was in development, and while having a very small development team crafting it, it's only a matter of when.
LewieP wrote: »
EA revealed this morning that they will be bringing their action adventure game Mirror's Edge to the iPhone. The original Mirror's Edge was a first person action game that on the PC and home consoles featured an amazing amount of fluidity in the chains of acrobatics required to traverse the various buildings of the city the game takes place in.

Here's the trailer for the original PC version in case you missed it:

PC Trailer

In Mirror's Edge, you play as Faith, a member of a secret group known as "Runners" who act as couriers for information that cannot be transmitted in other means due to the totalitarian regime that has taken over and implemented a policy of extremely intrusive surveillance across the game-world.

We don't have a whole lot about iPhone version of the game, but the original had an excellent sense of speed and immersion as you jump, climb, grab, and vault over things jumping from rooftop to rooftop. As seen in the new iPhone screenshots, the view has obviously shifted from first to third person on the iPhone, so it should be interesting to see how much of what made the PC and home console version of the game great translates to the App Store.
medge
Flash screenshot

It should be noted that the game has already been successfully translated into a 2D side scrolling Flash game hosted at MirrorsEdge2d.com — so this is not completely uncharted territory. The iPhone version does appear much more advanced than the Flash version with 3D graphics and "dynamic camera angles" as seen in the screenshots embedded below.

Here's the developer blurbs about the game which is said to be coming in January 2010:

* EXPERIENCE THE WORLD OF MIRROR’S EDGE – A place where information is heavily monitored and law is brutally enforced in an effort to create the 'perfect' society.
* YOUR MISSION -Take control of Faith Connors, a member of an underground messenger group known as Runners, as she races to stop a deadly threat that has grown from within their own ranks.
* SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST… AND FASTEST – Use Faith's incredible acrobatic moves to outmaneuver the enemy –run on walls, slide down precarious ramps, ride ziplines, and leap between rooftops. Leave the enemy in your dust.
* EDGE-OF-YOUR-SEAT EXCITEMENT – Burn through 14 levels of the fastest, most fluid action imaginable. Dynamic camera angles capture the intense action of this unique game.
* HEIGHTEN YOUR SENSES- Immerse yourself in a stylish, graphically rich 3D environment flooded with realistic sound effects and phenomenal music.

Screenshots:
edget.png

edge1.png

edge2.png

edge4.png

edge5.png

BlackDove on

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Needs moar pictures of the awesome environments. I wish I had some on my computer or something. Seriously the game looks almost photorealistic in some places, and when it doesn't, it's beautiful. I'm thinking of the mall and the construction site, for instance. Or the city rooftop at night (the Shard or whatever?). Or that one screenshot someone took of the orange wall.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    When I started to get into the game it ended. I would really like to play a second, longer one. Preferably one where the value wasn't on doing time trials.

EskimoDave on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    I think this is the first game to feature navigation that kills you. It's like owning a GPS with a serious grudge.

Also, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME ON STEAM. YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO PLAY THE DLC..

Fuck EA or Valve. Probably EA.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Good point, addin'.

Also, the high rez images, I know exactly what you mean, I wanted to put them in myself, but structuring the goddamn thing made me forget, and I'm not sure where to find them (though I've seen em countless times).

If you find, post, I'll update.

BlackDove on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    I like running away from cops, but man did the combat sour me. It was intense running from the dudes, but dying in like two melee swings really sucked. More crazy chases, less kung-fu. Or encourage more fluid combat so enemies are less of speed bumps.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    okay so in lieu of time trials I decided to just beat the game on hard.

Funnily enough, I had an easier time of it than I did on normal.

And I didn't shoot anyone, but I still didn't get my trophy! I accidentally fired the gun once, but it just went into the wall. Surely that wouldn't count, would it? The trophy says not to shoot soldiers.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    EskimoDave wrote: »
    When I started to get into the game it ended. I would really like to play a second, longer one. Preferably one where the value wasn't on doing time trials.

I'm still bummed that there wasn't really any focus on the running/delivery aspect. Apparently it would've killed them to add a few levels at the beginning. Maybe showing Faith's injury mission or something... Instead it was: Here, take this to the next runnerCOPSWITHGUNSRUNRUNRUN!

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »

Funnily enough, I had an easier time of it than I did on easy.

And I didn't shoot anyone, but I still didn't get my trophy! I accidentally fired the gun once, but it just went into the wall. Surely that wouldn't count, would it? The trophy says not to shoot soldiers.

Did you kill anybody, die, and then restart that section? 'Cause that'll fuck that achievement/trophy up, too.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I definitely agree, I'd want more missions of the "status quo" variety before the hijinks start.

BlackDove on
    edited June 2009

Did you kill anybody, die, and then restart that section? 'Cause that'll fuck that achievement/trophy up, too.

Kill anyone with a gun? Nah. I did once knock someone off a ledge on accident. But, I didn't think that would count. Since again the Trophy specifically says shoot.

Also the story cracks me up. I like the characters, but it's just sooo helter-skelter that you can't really do anything but laugh.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited June 2009

Kill anyone with a gun? Nah. I did once knock someone off a ledge on accident. But, I didn't think that would count. Since again the Trophy specifically says shoot.

Also the story cracks me up. I like the characters, but it's just sooo helter-skelter that you can't really do anything but laugh.

This is me shrugging... Maybe it's just poorly worded and you can't kill anybody. Maybe you got lucky and it glitched on you that time. At least playing it again on Easy is, well, easy...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Beat this already for 360, but after seeing those super res screens.... must have for PC.

gunwarrior on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    gunwarrior wrote: »
    Beat this already for 360, but after seeing those super res screens.... must have for PC.

Well, you don't actually play like that. It's a function of the UE3 engine used simply to take amazingly high-resolution screenshots.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited June 2009
    You kind of can though.

Using FSAA at about x4.

BlackDove on
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone else feel the combat completely destroyed this game? I wanted to love it so much (and I even played the demo like crazy), but there were an awful lot of sections in the game where you have to take down a bunch of enemies and it was just really, really frustrating. It just felt wierd to me that they'd say in the beginning "avoid combat whenever possible" but there would be sections where you couldn't avoid it at all.

And then once it started getting to the points where you'd fall and have to climb up large sections all over again I just had to put down the controller and walk away. After that, I never really had the desire to go back.

I hope Mirror's Edge 2 fixes these (minor?) problems.

Igort on
    edited June 2009
    I think the bullet AI or whatever needs some work. There were a few times where I would be doing exactly what I needed to, but I would just die. And then the next time, no problem. Little things like that add up to be an aggravation.

Also that thing with Ropeburn was horrible until I discovered you could just mash the action button.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited June 2009
    Whorin' mah video.

That answers the questions regarding combat in a really insulting way (sorry in advance).

But... if you pick up the gun and shoot - that should be easier and work, no?

BlackDove on
    edited June 2009
    What difficulty were you playing on in that vid? It seemed like you weren't doing anything too different from the way I was doing things, but I would still be getting my ass kicked. I was playing it on Hard the majority of the time, but even when I reeled back to Normal I would still get killed a lot.

I never used guns either, I thought it would be more fun if I didn't use them. Maybe that's part of the problem, haha!

Igort on
    edited June 2009
    Read the insulting description ("show more" on craptube).

BlackDove on
  • enderjsvenderjsv Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Igort wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel the combat completely destroyed this game? I wanted to love it so much (and I even played the demo like crazy), but there were an awful lot of sections in the game where you have to take down a bunch of enemies and it was just really, really frustrating. It just felt wierd to me that they'd say in the beginning "avoid combat whenever possible" but there would be sections where you couldn't avoid it at all.

And then once it started getting to the points where you'd fall and have to climb up large sections all over again I just had to put down the controller and walk away. After that, I never really had the desire to go back.

I hope Mirror's Edge 2 fixes these (minor?) problems.

I liked the combat. But then, I took to it real quick. My favorite move was the one where you run up a wall towards an enemy, jump kick off the wall at him (which turns him around), and then take him out from behind.

Actually, I do understand your complaint about rooms full of guys, though. It's far more rewarding to go 1 on 1 with someone so you can use your disarming techniques in relative safety. There should have been more of that.

enderjsv on
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The combat's fine if you just use guns and quick save a lot.

Mirror's Edge had quicksaving in it, right? It's been a few months so I might've misremembered it.

Delta Assault on
    edited June 2009
    BlackDove is also playing on PC. This can affect the quality of the controls. At least the inputs.

The biggest problem with the combat is the early talk about the game apparently (according to the devs) took one tiny aspect of the game (the Leap of Faith achievement) and turned it suddenly into 'the game is all about avoiding combat'.

DICE then began insisting that combat was always a focus of the game. (Though how or why they were talking about an 'optional' achievement like that years ahead of release might be subject to more intense scrutiny.)

Combat in ME does play better if you're more willing to shoot and kill the enemies in your way. Speedrun videos all but prove it. I do think that if the game had been more about avoiding combat and doing awesome free running moves, it might have been better overall.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited June 2009
    BlackDove wrote: »

I agree with you about the combat but it seems like a couple of times you messed up the grab and were able to immediately do it again. I thought you couldn't do that.

TychoCelchuuu on
    edited June 2009
    The frequency(and intelligent placement) of the checkpoints, I feel, points to the fact that the devs assumed you would be dying a lot.

There's not really any accounting for different experiences, but for what it's worth I died a shit ton on my first normal playthrough, but the game always started me out a few paces before the 'set' where I died. About the only time it didn't was right before that crane leap. But then I found out that I had apparently gone a direction the devs didn't intend, missing a checkpoint. So they could have probably tightened that up a bit.

Other random thought: did the swinging through anyone else off when they first tried it? My instinct is to swing while you've got a good degree of momentum going, not at the very end of your swing when you've lost it all. And yet that's basically what the game required. Thought it was kinda unintuitive.

Also they could have made the pipes a bit better. I still have no idea what was going on this one time, but it was about a good third into the game, I was no stranger to pipe leaping. And yet there was this one pipe she.would.not.lock.on.to. Tried it again and again and again, she wouldn't jump to it. She's just sort of let go of her current pipe. Terrible frustrating.

also also: random stuff scattered throughout the levels that looked as though you could use it as a stepping stone but you could not. breaks up the flow of the game, slightly annoying.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited June 2009
    It's even wierder because there's a point right at the beginning where you run full pelt at a guy, and I swear from my memory of the game whenever I attempted anything like that I would have been shot dead right there.

Didn't see your text on youtube as I just watched the embedded vid. I guess the answer to my question is: "Yes, Igort, you are the only person who thinks the combat destroyed the game".

But, it's not just me who thought that. My older brother also felt the same way about it and it's not like we're casual gamers or anything.

Oh well, we're all just good at different kinds of things, I guess.

Igort on
    edited June 2009
    BlackDove wrote: »

I agree with you about the combat but it seems like a couple of times you messed up the grab and were able to immediately do it again. I thought you couldn't do that.

I messed it up twice.

First time was on the big assault guy - he's slow, so you can in that split second.

Second time is when I got hit in the face near the end (on the second to last guy behind the van) - you are allowed one hit, the second kills you on hard. But I took him down the second time he tried to swipe at me.

The rest were perfect.

Also Igort, the answer was more "If you suck, you thought the combat destroyed the game, those of us who are skilled like it just fine". I do it for the flow. Honestly!

But then I amped it up with some serious super trash talk like "GO BACK TO THE WII NOOB" and other elitist stupid crap. It just flows better that way.

BlackDove on
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I just checked out BlackDove's youtube profile.

He's from SWEDEN. Of course Mirror's Edge is gonna be his favorite game ever.
    I kid.

Delta Assault on
  • enderjsvenderjsv Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also they could have made the pipes a bit better. I still have no idea what was going on this one time, but it was about a good third into the game, I was no stranger to pipe leaping. And yet there was this one pipe she.would.not.lock.on.to. Tried it again and again and again, she wouldn't jump to it. She's just sort of let go of her current pipe. Terrible frustrating.

Was it the part where you have to jump to some thing poking out of a wall, swing from it onto another one, swing from that onto an airconditioner or something, then make two pipe jumps onto another airconditioner? I swear she would not make the jump correctly from the first pipe to the last pipe. I died so many times on that part. I still have trouble with it. I think there's something wrong with that part.

enderjsv on
    edited June 2009
    I just checked out BlackDove's youtube profile.

He's from SWEDEN. Of course Mirror's Edge is gonna be his favorite game ever.
    I kid.

Yeah, my fervor for defending, partaking and being involved with this game on forums make me look like some goddamn shill for the company actually. I was debating whether or not to create this thread, since halfway through making the OP I was thinking "Those assholes should pay me for this".

BlackDove on
    edited June 2009
    enderjsv wrote: »

Was it the part where you have to jump to some thing poking out of a wall, swing from it onto another one, swing from that onto an airconditioner or something, then make two pipe jumps onto another airconditioner? I swear she would not make the jump correctly from the first pipe to the last pipe. I died so many times on that part. I still have trouble with it. I think there's something wrong with that part.

That sounds like the middle pipe at the end of the Jackknife chase. The collision on that pipe is uniformly bad and the best solution is to climb to the top of the first pipe and then turn and jump. You'll either miss the second pipe completely and grabbing the third. Or you'll latch onto the very top of it and can still make it across.

I hated how you had to be precisely in front of things like valve wheels to interact with them. Despite looking right at them but just off to the side.

I'm also one of those who had slight problems with depth perception. I know at the default head placement, the bottom of the screen is where the feet are. I know that. It still is hard to judge distance sometimes.

I liken it to being forced to where a helmet that restricts all vision to a rectangle just ahead of the eyes whilst running around after being injected with a drug that removes all physical sensation in the arms and legs but still allows for full body control. As if remote controlling a human through a TV...

ME was decent, but it could be improved.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

That sounds like the middle pipe at the end of the Jackknife chase. The collision on that pipe is uniformly bad and the best solution is to climb to the top of the first pipe and then turn and jump. You'll either miss the second pipe completely and grabbing the third. Or you'll latch onto the very top of it and can still make it across.

Yeah, the Jacknife pipe is most definitely bugged. I kept doing that section over an over again until I could nail it 99% of the time before I went for my time trial of the whole chapter. I figured out the trick to it (I forget it now, but I know you have to physically turn towards the pipe to kind of force Faith to see it rather than her just doing it on her own like usual).

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited June 2009

Yeah, the Jacknife pipe is most definitely bugged. I kept doing that section over an over again until I could nail it 99% of the time before I went for my time trial of the whole chapter. I figured out the trick to it (I forget it now, but I know you have to physically turn towards the pipe to kind of force Faith to see it rather than her just doing it on her own like usual).

Still, it doesn't always work that way. For whatever reasons, I've always (or nearly always) turn to look before a lateral jump. That pipe is still broken. I think most if it's collision is on the 'front' side of the pipe and requires a specific angled jump. And so climbing to the top of pipe #1 works because the 'front' curves into the building and you grab onto that.

Nothing, nothing, nothing generates more frustrated yelling than a best-up-to-now speedrun and then watching as the pipe passes directly through the middle of the screen and you lose just enough time that you fail the whole thing.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nothing, nothing, nothing generates more frustrated yelling than a best-up-to-now speedrun and then watching as the pipe passes directly through the middle of the screen and you lose just enough time that you fail the whole thing.

This is why my girlfriend has a terrible hatred for Mirror's Edge and nearly forbids me from putting it back into my PS3....

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited June 2009
    I should make a video of "the pipe" called "the pipe" featuring "the pipe" and how to beat "the pipe".

Shit's bugged as hell tho.

BlackDove on
  • MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Igort wrote: »
    It's even wierder because there's a point right at the beginning where you run full pelt at a guy, and I swear from my memory of the game whenever I attempted anything like that I would have been shot dead right there.

Didn't see your text on youtube as I just watched the embedded vid. I guess the answer to my question is: "Yes, Igort, you are the only person who thinks the combat destroyed the game".

But, it's not just me who thought that. My older brother also felt the same way about it and it's not like we're casual gamers or anything.

Oh well, we're all just good at different kinds of things, I guess.

Ignore that childish youtube description, your experience is perfectly valid and it pretty much matches mine. The combat was stodgy and not fun, the SWAT guys too frequent and too tough (and Faith too fragile) and the timing for their disarms was too hard (on PS3 anyway). The normal police officers and the enemy runners (these were very very under-used which was a shame) were fun to interact with, the SWAT troopers should have been like the hurry up skull dinosaur in Bubble Bobble or to guide the player away from a certain area, not a bread and butter enemy bunched up in groups of 5+ guarding choke points in stupid un-fun gauntlets.

Mirror's Edge was at it's best when it was just platforming and during chases (which really got the adrenaline flowing!). There should have been more of that but I enjoyed the good parts so much I was willing to endure those horrible SWATs who can take so much damage yet kill Faith in 1-2 hits.

Moioink on
    edited June 2009
    Skill dickwaving aside, I think it really is going to come down to how much you care if you die. Like I was saying, I think the developers were intending for you to die...a lot. If that irks you a bunch, it's going to kill your enjoyment.

I don't think I am very good at the game...judging by the number of times I bit it. But I didn't really care that much, and what's more felt like a badass when everything was going right. So, fair trade off for me. You just have to come into it knowing what to expect.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited June 2009
    Other random thought: did the swinging through anyone else off when they first tried it? My instinct is to swing while you've got a good degree of momentum going, not at the very end of your swing when you've lost it all. And yet that's basically what the game required. Thought it was kinda unintuitive.

Are you asking me if I thought I was supposed to jump at some point in the middle of my swing instead of at the jump-off point that every game in the history of the world forever has always used and always will use?

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Thinking about picking this up now that it is on the cheap. Not that I wouldn't have paid full price, mind you, it just got slightly edged out (no pun intended) last year by games I was super excited for. Anyhow, I have some questions:

1) How long is the single player campaign?
    2) Is it better to turn off the red indicators for parkour-able objects? Does it make it too difficult to navigate?

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
    edited June 2009
    Thinking about picking this up now that it is on the cheap. Not that I wouldn't have paid full price, mind you, it just got slightly edged out (no pun intended) last year by games I was super excited for. Anyhow, I have some questions:

2) Is it better to turn off the red indicators for parkour-able objects? Does it make it too difficult to navigate?

1- Six to ten hours or so.
    2- No. Yes.

More specifically, the first time through you might want to have them turned on. Even the inclusion of a 'point me in the direction I need to go' button doesn't always make it clear where exactly you can go to get there. Why make things more aggravating?

But as you get used to the game and what does and doesn't work, turning it off would be less of a difficulty. And the Hard difficulty itself has it turned off and locked by default.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited June 2009

I beat it in about 5 hours on my first go through, 4 on hard. Some replay value if you enjoy it. You can only turn off the red indicators after you've gone through the game once(once you've unlocked hard mode). At that point it doesn't really make a difference either way. As far as I know.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen