As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox Live problem(may be router related)

temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
Let me start off by saying yes, I know XBL is down today, and that my problem has nothing to do with that. My problem is that every time I turn on my 360 and try to connect with someone (multiplayer game, private chat) My 360 will start to lag, and after about 5 minutes I'll get disconnected. After I reconnect, it never happens again and everything is smooth. This happens every time I turn my 360 on.

The way my 360 is hooked up to the net is from a router, and from reading around I think that may have something to do with it, but I'm not entirely sure. The router is a wired D-link broadband router, model number DI-604 (just for reference).

Basically, I'm sick of having to wait around for my live to disconnect and then reconnect every time I want to play online. Anyone have a fix for this probably obvious problem?

XBL - Temperature_MD
PSN - CardboardNine
temperature! on

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Not really a fix, but you could try a few things.

1. Don't let it auto-sign into XBL (manually sign in after you turn on the 360 for a little bit)

2. Open up the ports on your router. For reference, they are:

* TCP 80
    * UDP 88
    * TCP/UDP 3074
    * TCP/UDP 53

urahonky on
  • Options
    WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I figured I wouldn't make another topic so I'll just drop it here.

I think my 360's Ethernet port just up and died. I've power cycled everything, changed ethernet cables, router ports and the whole shabang with no dice. I'm thinking it's the Xbox's port because my router shows no connection/activity in that ports light, even when I just swap cables with my PC.

Strangely I haven't found anything on the WWW that has much merit to the ethernet port just dying.

I'm trying to e-mail MS but christ that new site runs like ass.

Just double checking to make sure I'm not crazy, and if the port truly is dead, time to pull out the 2yr warranty from Best Buy and get a replacement.

WillisIVIIX on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Somebody that plays Halo with me had their ethernet port just die, so yes it can happen.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Looks like I'm hitting Best Buy later today then.

Edit: It wasn't just the ethernet card apparently. Checked out the USB slots and their unresponding as well, she's done time for a new one.

WillisIVIIX on