As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[L4D I & II] More details, link in OP. Also, behave.

• davidbarrydavidbarry Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So has google sketch-up support for map making been added to this game yet?

davidbarry on
    davidbarry.jpg
  • ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Idoliside wrote: »
    Brian wrote: »
    Man if you thought the Thriller background was good just wait till we get the Indian version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0&feature=rec-HM-r2

It's thriller, if MJ took acid...lots of acid, and gave it to all the tech crew on set....

I can't unwatch it...

laughing.gif

Scotty on
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    When the hell did Billy Dee Williams learn Indian D:

And I have finally experienced the joys of tweaked party servers; when you get a good lot everybody's yellin' and screamin' and laughin' and it's one gigantic race with infected everywhere and it is just so fuuuuun :D

And then every six maps or so the server has to craaaaash D: and it takes like an hour for stuff to get started again.

Sorenson on
  • AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Icemopper wrote: »
    If anybody wants to watch or edit an amazing video of Antithesis with an immense lag, let me know, I recorded the demo, but am severely lacking in video editing skills.

That was some good times.
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    I can't believe hes playing on the sat connection.

I wouldn't mind watching :D

It wasn't like regular lag... everything happened very smoothly, two seconds later. Because I got to the end of three maps, I owe Icemopper, Roland, and Aneurythmia lots and lots of girl scout cookies.

Where is the video? I'll learn to edit if I have to.

Now I'm gonna go play TF2 on this!

LAZY ENGINEER AWAAAAY!

Antithesis on
  • ReaganReagan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Lagnar wrote: »
    Reagan wrote: »
    word is there is a patch tonight, stay tuned

Not to be a dick Regan, but im sure we all get it. You can stop now. So he was wrong, woop de do it hardly matters.

I didn't realize the humor police were on my tail.

Animated_Siren.gif

I was more expressing my disappointment that another night went by with no update. Twisting the knife on NM's mistake is incidental.

From now on I will reply to my last statement:

**sigh** Another night without an update. :cry:

Reagan on
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Antithesis wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »
    If anybody wants to watch or edit an amazing video of Antithesis with an immense lag, let me know, I recorded the demo, but am severely lacking in video editing skills.

That was some good times.
    I can't believe hes playing on the sat connection.

I wouldn't mind watching :D

It wasn't like regular lag... everything happened very smoothly, two seconds later. Because I got to the end of three maps, I owe Icemopper, Roland, and Aneurythmia lots and lots of girl scout cookies.

Where is the video? I'll learn to edit if I have to.

Now I'm gonna go play TF2 on this!

LAZY ENGINEER AWAAAAY!

If I can figure out how to upload it I'll get around to it sometime. But for now, I can't run explorer, so I can't even look around my C:\ drive, so it might be longer than I was hoping :(.

Icemopper on
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    davidbarry wrote: »

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SketchUp_to_Hammer_Export_plugin

Yeah, but since you can't do anything in Sketchup that you can't in Hammer it's pretty pointless

LaCabra on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Just had the strangest reverse stomp with me, Trey, Obama, and Exoplasm. On the very first map these guys tell us they are inviting some friends so we kinda knew this wouldn't be a real stomp stomp. And well they pretty much leveled us on each map everytime. We managed to make them boredquit by the 4th map! I feel like we've achieved a new level of mediocrity.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »

Yeah, but since you can't do anything in Sketchup that you can't in Hammer it's pretty pointless

Unless you're much more comfortable modelling in Sketchup?

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited June 2009
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Just had the strangest reverse stomp with me, Trey, Obama, and Exoplasm. On the very first map these guys tell us they are inviting some friends so we kinda knew this wouldn't be a real stomp stomp. And well they pretty much leveled us on each map everytime. We managed to make them boredquit by the 4th map! I feel like we've achieved a new level of mediocrity.

I like to think they quit because they were scared from my trash talking.

Reagan on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    jonxp wrote: »

Unless you're much more comfortable modelling in Sketchup?

rediculous!

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited June 2009
    l4d_vs_smalltown05_houseboat0005.jpg

This fall just killed me.

What the fuck.

LaCabra on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Game needs a "drop" button if you're willing to take the damage (or lack there of) from the fall.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I saw a server that allowed you to drop. It bugged out though and gave me 64k HP after I did it though that might have been because it was L8D though.

Tertiee on
  • BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

What the fuck.

What you don't see? The infected splinter she just got. The silent killer.

Brian on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tertiee wrote: »
    I saw a server that allowed you to drop. It bugged out though and gave me 64k HP after I did it though that might have been because it was L8D though.

Yeah, that happened on the only other "drop" sever I was on.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

What the fuck.

Complain to map maker.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Were you low on health at the time Lacabra? I think the game does that when you are about to go on a fall that would normally incap you.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited June 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »

What the fuck.

Complain to map maker.

sure, i'll totally email valve about it

LaCabra on
  • exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tertiee wrote: »

Yeah, that happened on the only other "drop" sever I was on.

My server has the drop command. It is a plugin for sourcemod. I also have a plugin that prevents friendly fire in the safe room/starting area at the beginning of each map. This way you won't get griefed before the game gets going. Search key is exoplasm, by the way.

I have no idea if you will gain 64k health from dropping on my server.

Edit: also it has a plugin to prevent the random team switches between maps.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
    edited June 2009

Not to be a dick Regan, but im sure we all get it. You can stop now. So he was wrong, woop de do it hardly matters.

Animated_Siren.gif

I was more expressing my disappointment that another night went by with no update. Twisting the knife on NM's mistake is incidental.

Reagan on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Brian wrote: »

What you don't see? The infected splinter she just got. The silent killer.

A fall of six feet can kill you, maybe they're cranking up the realism. Next up will be the cover system and blindfiring.

Robman on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    There is no way a six foot fall could ever kill an adult. Ever. Unless it was onto knives or into lava.

The_Scarab on
    edited June 2009
    a 10 foot fall onto concrete carries a 50% mortality rate, a 6 foot fall could definitely kill you if you fell headfirst

Robman on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    yeah that head of ours is pretty vulnerable

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So anybody still playing this on the 360? I just got Gold and I probably missed out. I'm a sad panda.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Animated_Siren.gif

What exactly are people expecting from the update? I doubt a few bug fixes is something to get all that excited about.

Darlan on
  • DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Visti wrote: »
    So anybody still playing this on the 360? I just got Gold and I probably missed out. I'm a sad panda.

Yup, just send me a tag sometime when I'm not chainsawing things through the chest on Gears 2. Gamertag's Dunxco (suprise suprise!)

Dunxco on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Darlan wrote: »
    What exactly are people expecting from the update? I doubt a few bug fixes is something to get all that excited about.

Bug fixes alone would make the game more fun to play. Update also promises 4v4 match making, which should solve some ragequit scenarios. Hell, the SDK might even come out of beta when the update hits and that would be a really big change

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • enderjsvenderjsv Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Not to restart the flame wars or anything, but this video pretty much sums up my opinions. Sorry I can't post the actual vid. You'll have to settle for the link.

http://www.destructoid.com/adam-sessler-weighs-in-on-the-left-4-dead-2-whiners-136620.phtml

enderjsv on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    enderjsv wrote: »
    Not to restart the flame wars or anything, but this video pretty much sums up my opinions. Sorry I can't post the actual vid. You'll have to settle for the link.

http://www.destructoid.com/adam-sessler-weighs-in-on-the-left-4-dead-2-whiners-136620.phtml
    link is brokeded

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    edit: ^^^^ nope, worked for me

god damn Adam Sessler owns

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
    edited June 2009

link is brokeded

You sure? I can't test it because I'm at work, behind a proxy, but I got that link from the same place I got it this morning and it worked then.

enderjsv on
    edited June 2009
    You sure? I can't test it because I'm at work, behind a proxy, but I got that link from the same place I got it this morning and it worked then.
    Ok I just watched it and I don't like this guy.

He goes right back to the sense of entitlement, but if he actually played L4D, he'd know we'd been expecting a major update (and yes we wouldn't expect it unless Valve told us so, which they did) for a long time.

Sure it looks like entitlement to him, but he hasn't been playing L4D from day one, or else he'd know why the PC users are pissed off. They are literally not releasing the L4D2 into DLC because of the console content not being able to transfer.

Whatever, think it's entitlement or whatever, but when someone promises me something, I usually take that into account and expect their word to be true.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited June 2009
    They are literally not releasing the L4D2 into DLC because of the console content not being able to transfer.

Just wondering. Where'd you get that information?

enderjsv on
    edited June 2009
    Whatever, I've just learned that tuftoo is the only game that Valve will stand behind their promises with. Lesson learned, I guess. I might pick up L4D2 if all my friends get it and if it launches with as much content readily accessible as L4D has today.

Robman on
    edited June 2009
    It is known that because it would be extremely difficult to release DLC to the Xbox, with issues concerning Microsoft and now EA with L4D2, it isn't as easy as PC users downloading the update and BAM, that's the update. There's stupid copyright stuff and hardware issues.

With console users, apparently the issue is not everyone will have this stuff downloaded, the new skins, the new maps, etc etc, so there would be issues somehow.

I'm not sure where I read this, but a couple of people told me this is the reason why it was fffffffff.

Also, that Adam guy obviously doesn't play L4D or know much about it, because at the end he also says he'd love to hear more about it and why do we feel so entitled and selfish?

If he had stuck with updates as close as us, he'd understand why we feel "entitled".

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It is known that because it would be extremely difficult to release DLC to the Xbox, with issues concerning Microsoft and now EA with L4D2, it isn't as easy as PC users downloading the update and BAM, that's the update. There's stupid copyright stuff and hardware issues.

With console users, apparently the issue is not everyone will have this stuff downloaded, the new skins, the new maps, etc etc, so there would be issues somehow.

I'm not sure where I read this, but a couple of people told me this is the reason why it was fffffffff.

Also, that Adam guy obviously doesn't play L4D or know much about it, because at the end he also says he'd love to hear more about it and why do we feel so entitled and selfish?

If he had stuck with updates as close as us, he'd understand why we feel "entitled".

or perhaps he just doesn't agree with you

you're letting your emotions cloud your judgment

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Chad SexingtonChad Sexington Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    There's nothing more petty and pedantic than a gamer scorned.

Are some folks on a fixed income or what?

Chad Sexington on
    edited June 2009
    or perhaps he just doesn't agree with you

you're letting your emotions cloud your judgment
    What? How am I letting emotions cloud my judgement?

Everything I've said here is fact.

Valve said in the first couple months of L4D, "Yo guys, expect mad gear and loot sons for L4D! We're Valve, we'll hook you up!"

We said, "Ok sweeeeeet that's what I'm talkin bout, lots of variety involved into the game. Sick updates, rad."

Valve: "Oh no, nevermind we're just not going to release any DLC and wait 6 months to bring L4D TWO TWO TWO TWO.. twoo... twooo! Sit in awe at the 2 after the L4D, it clouds your judgement."

L4D Community: "Shit, well that stinks.. This doesn't seem like Valve, why would they cop out like that?"

Everyone that doesn't play L4D/Agrees with L4D2: STOP FEELING ENTITLED YOU STUPID PIECES OF SHIT!

That's what I'm getting. The community being badgered for actually believing in Valve's promise.

I don't get it, don't fucking get mad at us cause we were excited about Valve releasing more stuff.

This is the exact opposite of entitlement.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png