As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[L4D I & II] More details, link in OP. Also, behave.

• rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    at point blank, i seem to get jostled around by my team which ruins whatever ablity to aim that I have. That's just my experience with the gun though.
    Well 1 shot is an instant, guaranteed kill. Plus, you can strafe while zoomed in and the recoil won't matter.

Just zoom in, aim at zombie balls and fire away. It will kill them anyway with 1 shot.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited June 2009
    akeso wrote: »
    Zero-Scope Sniping at that point. Just aim for the head and fire. It becomes a lot like the AR at that point, and its' effectiveness largely depends on your ability to priorities targets and use each shot to do multiple kills.
    This.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man this game can get annoying if the person that gets the boomer isn't listening when you try and set up an ambush

Robman on
  • akesoakeso Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    at point blank, i seem to get jostled around by my team which ruins whatever ablity to aim that I have. That's just my experience with the gun though.
    Well 1 shot is an instant, guaranteed kill. Plus, you can strafe while zoomed in and the recoil won't matter.

Just zoom in, aim at zombie balls and fire away. It will kill them anyway with 1 shot.

You didn't mention that 1 HR bullet has the ability to take out 4 zombies if they are lined up properly.

akeso on
    primeval-warrior-sig.jpg
  • oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I want to share something. For the life of me, I haven't been able to remember the name of a particular actor who I think would be a perfect Bill. Well, today I stumbled across a movie he was in and got his name.

He's younger than Bill, but getting older. He's been in plenty of action movies. With a little imagination I think you would agree, hes perfect. If you care or not is another story....

I give you:
    Tony Goldwyn
    180px-TonyGoldwyn08.jpg6697-26267.gif3639347345_b509439040.jpg

Dude just fits and it's been tearing me apart that I had no idea what his name was

There you go. Sharing done. Enjoy the laugh.

(((That's my bad ass GIMP job BTW, I'm available for work if you need something totally botched)))

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
  • akesoakeso Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    oaklore wrote: »
    I want to share something. For the life of me, I haven't been able to remember the name of a particular actor who I think would be a perfect Bill. Well, today I stumbled across a movie he was in and got his name.

He's younger than Bill, but getting older. He's been in plenty of action movies. With a little imagination I think you would agree, hes perfect. If you care or not is another story....

I give you:
    Tony Goldwyn
    180px-TonyGoldwyn08.jpg6697-26267.gif3639347345_b509439040.jpg

Dude just fits and it's been tearing me apart that I had no idea what his name was

There you go. Sharing done. Enjoy the laugh.

!!!!

Had to share this video that I found whilst I was looking for a good example of how to snipe at close ranges
    watch?v=1QYQDmT-qQE

akeso on
    primeval-warrior-sig.jpg
    edited June 2009
    ololo classic tank work

Robman on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The problem with "zoom" scoping in close range is that you suddenly have no idea what is going on right next to you. Sure, your team can call out things but you still have to find them before dealing with the problem. A shotgun or ak doesn't have that problem.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I once hung around at the bell tower in Death Toll while the whole team went ahead without me. When the tank showed up on the street just past the bus the rest of the team got incapped and I killed the tank solo with my hunting rifle from the tower.

LaCabra on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm just wondering, has anyone else reversed stomped so badly that the other team completely boredquit?

I see no one else has topped me yet.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »
    I once hung around at the bell tower in Death Toll while the whole team went ahead without me. When the tank showed up on the street just past the bus the rest of the team got incapped and I killed the tank solo with my hunting rifle from the tower.

yes, but how often does that actually happen? not to mention you might have saved them all from being incapped had you been on the street with them.

I mean, the hunting rifle can be used properly and successfully, i just find that the other two weapons cover close range and long range just fine without having to sacrifice what you do with the HR.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Why would you aim for the head with the hunting rifle? It one shots zombies on all modes, isn't that it's thing?

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    edited June 2009
    Why would you aim for the head with the hunting rifle? It one shots zombies on all modes, isn't that it's thing?

Yes.

Granted, the AK and shotty very nearly do the same thing (ripping limbs off and such)

Nappuccino on

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    There's no advantage whatsoever to using the hunting rifle at close range instead of an autoshotty. You can't be moving while firing or the bullets practically go sideways. That is a serious problem. It's useful to have one in Campaign because it's great at picking off zombies at a distance which is how you survive Expert. It sucks balls in Versus where moving fast all the time is the name of the game. If you want to be able to shoot stuff far away, the assault rifle is plenty good at that.

IMHO they should just buff the hunting rifle's accuracy in Versus. Make it so the moment you let go of a direction it's accurate.

Zek on
    edited June 2009
    Zek wrote: »

IMHO they should just buff the hunting rifle's accuracy in Versus. Make it so the moment you let go of a direction it's accurate.

I whole heartedly agree with this.

Nappuccino on

edited June 2009
    Zek wrote: »
    There's no advantage whatsoever to using the hunting rifle at close range instead of an autoshotty. You can't be moving while firing or the bullets practically go sideways. That is a serious problem. It's useful to have one in Campaign because it's great at picking off zombies at a distance which is how you survive Expert. It sucks balls in Versus where moving fast all the time is the name of the game. If you want to be able to shoot stuff far away, the assault rifle is plenty good at that.

Well you could always be unscoped, but I agree, at very close range auto or AR is ideal.

Anything mid-range to long, HR is good to take out smokers and boomers really fast from a distance, also a huge row of horde.

I guess it's all preference to be honest. I like the pump shotgun out of all the guns.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited June 2009
    i do like the autoshotty, but against pubs its too easy so i'll pick up the ar.

really, i only use the HR for a bit of goofy fun in a vs match.

Nappuccino on

• Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    akeso wrote: »
    That's not true. I'm literally not trying all that hard at all.
    Guess being a douche comes naturally then huh?

Back to L4D and killing mans.

Yes. That's exactly what it does. Much in the same way blithering on with a sense of entitlement and self-importance over other people's creative and technical decisions just rolls off your tongue without any real forethought.

Ah yes, the creative AND technical decision about making more money over keeping your promises to the community

Shit, it's like they're some sort of business company or something. But who knows, I keep forgetting I'm talking to a forum full of people with open door access to the goings-on at Valve. :lol:

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    God dammit. I wake up to see like five new pages and think "Oh, hooray, the patch must have launched!" and then it's five pages of you people bitching about things you've been bitching about for the last two god damn weeks.

I'm going back to sleep.

Sorenson on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Sorenson wrote: »
    God dammit. I wake up to see like five new pages and think "Oh, hooray, the patch must have launched!" and then it's five pages of you people bitching about things you've been bitching about for the last two god damn weeks.

I'm going back to sleep.

You must tell me the secrets of your cryo-chamber! :shock:

• Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Shit, it's like they're some sort of business company or something. But who knows, I keep forgetting I'm talking to a forum full of people with open door access to the goings-on at Valve. :lol:

We get that you have no problem with Valve going against what they said. We get that you're going to say anyone who didn't like that decision has entitlement issues. I think everyone, everywhere, is tired of this topic. Please stop bringing it back up.

Mandalorian Rooster on
    edited June 2009
    See, I don't think they've gone against anything. I think there are too many the-sky-is-falling knee jerk reactions.

And if you are so ardently concerned about not reviving the issue, perhaps you should have kept your mouth shut just now? You are the one that doesn't want to discuss it, so one might imagine there's an onus to not discuss it lying on your shoulders.

EDIT: I, on the other hand, have a long night ahead of me and I'll discuss just about anything to keep my evening more lively.

edited June 2009
    Your logic is very strange.

Nappuccino on

edited June 2009
    Would you like to discuss it?

edited June 2009
    No, for in discussing it, I will become a part of it, which (after this moment) I will not do.

[lets see how long this lasts lol]

Nappuccino on

edited June 2009
    But by the mere act of observing, you are altering the state of the results!

edited June 2009
    But by the mere act of observing, you are altering the state of the results!

Then the state of sleep shall come over me, and I shall observe my non-observed results in the morning.

or something.

I type much differently when I'm tired....

Nappuccino on

• Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    And if you are so ardently concerned about not reviving the issue, perhaps you should have kept your mouth shut just now? You are the one that doesn't want to discuss it, so one might imagine there's an onus to not discuss it lying on your shoulders.

EDIT: I, on the other hand, have a long night ahead of me and I'll discuss just about anything to keep my evening more lively.

I'm not "ardently concerned" about it. Theres been no more new information, so its the same things said different ways ad infinitum. Multiple people (each time its brought back up) expressed the discussion is stale, and besides a single comment it was left on a previous page.

Mandalorian Rooster on
    edited June 2009
    Would you like to discuss it?

• SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What I will talk about L4D2, though, is why the press releases for L4D2 have all this info on the survivors: I thought that one of the things Valve did with 1 is to keep mum as much as possible about them so the launch day experience would be complete surprise, but already we've got Uncle Phil and Arrested Development jokes going around.

Sorenson on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE!

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited June 2009
    What I will talk about L4D2, though, is why the press releases for L4D2 have all this info on the survivors: I thought that one of the things Valve did with 1 is to keep mum as much as possible about them so the launch day experience would be complete surprise, but already we've got Uncle Phil and Arrested Development jokes going around.

I think the approach is different this go, in so much as they have stressed a stronger narrative with the survivors, including characters arcs across the four campaigns. So my guess is that for as much as they've told us, it sounds like there's tons in store for them yet.

• Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I wonder if one of the survivors is going to snap near the end. They're supposed to undergo huge changes of character, right? Gameplay wise I don't think it would work, but narration wise it'd be pretty cool.

Unearthly Stew on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I think the approach is different this go, in so much as they have stressed a stronger narrative with the survivors, including characters arcs across the four campaigns. So my guess is that for as much as they've told us, it sounds like there's tons in store for them yet.

Besides which, how much do we really know about these guys apart from their backgrounds? I mean we knew that back before L4D1 as well, Zoey was a college student who watched zombie movies instead of studying, Louis worked at an Electronics store, Francis was a biker and Bill was a war veteran.

It's not like they've spoiled any running jokes they might have, like Bill's dislike of Francis, or Francis' hatred of everything.

subedii on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That description makes it sound like Brokeback, but with zombies.

Fencingsax on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Watch da trailer

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Watch da trailer
    I was aware that it isn't, I'm just saying the description could be a bit better. Also, I used brokeback because it looks like Harrelson is wearing a cowboy hat.

Fencingsax on
    edited June 2009
    subedii wrote: »

Besides which, how much do we really know about these guys apart from their backgrounds? I mean we knew that back before L4D1 as well, Zoey was a college student who watched zombie movies instead of studying, Louis worked at an Electronics store, Francis was a biker and Bill was a war veteran.

It's not like they've spoiled any running jokes they might have, like Bill's dislike of Francis, or Francis' hatred of everything.

Have you noticed that you're disturbing some shit that had pretty much settled down for no good reason whatsoever? I'm just curious.

EDIT the irony of me saying this is not lost on me

Robman on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    That description makes it sound like Brokeback, but with zombies.

Brokeback Zombies would be the best movie ever.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.