As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Phalladay the 13th - The Killers/Popular Clique victory!

Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Critical Failures
"What's happened?"

"The Camp Administrator, he's dead!"

"What are we going to do?"

This is a MiniPhalla. It's sort of like a Phalla only on a smaller scale.

A group of teenagers signed up to supervise a gang of kids at their summer camp, by Crysphalla Lake. Given that they were, as teenagers are, more fixated on enjoying themselves than doing their jobs, Something Bad happened. A young kid, name of Jason, fell out of a canoe on what was meant to be a supervised activity, but the teenagers assigned to keep an eye on the kids were too busy canoodling.

After the initial outrage, the furore calmed down, the negligent teens were assigned cleanup duty at the campsite for the weekend, under the supervision of One Responsible Adult. That morning, said supervisor was found dead at his desk, eviscerated, decapitated, exsanguinated, and a whole lot more.

Now what are they going to do?

All of the standard rules apply, with some extra mechanics.

No screen caps, no anonymous contact, no living talking to the dead, etc.

Every one will vote for someone in Bold Cyan (or possibly Bold Red, see the note below) each day who you suspect to be the killer. The winner of the vote gets the police called on them, and if they are this unknown force responsible for the grisly murders, the police will fill them full of lead. If they aren't, well. They might just do it anyhow. I would ask that you retract in Bold Lime, because that would be real helpful, y'know?.

Vote close is 10pm BST.

Clarifications should be asked in Bold Orange.

All proboard links should be sent to me. There probably won't be any need for them, though.

INACTIVITY: This is going to be a modestly game. 20 people, plus reserves. It's also going to be more about paranoia/roleplay/interaction than just voting for !Eric Zahn, then checking the thread the next day to see if you're dead. Everyone will have something special about them, even if it's just a post restriction! You are ALL special(s), in effect. So, if you're unable to be relatively active, or you're not the sort of person to have a little roleplay with your Phalla, you might not enjoy this as much as someone that would do that sort of thing.

EXTRA MECHANICS:

I'm toying with the idea of making the vote not kill a non-evil player. If I go with this, after several 'prank calls', the police will neglect to show up for a night. However, once they see another murdered corpse, they'll come right back to camp the next day when called.

!Vote in red when you signup if you want the kill to kill anyone, as it would in a traditional Phalla.

!Vote in cyan when you signup if you want the kill to only kill an evil, thus keeping more players in the game.

Vote close is 10pm BST. Any votes after this will not count. Hopefully, I'll get this filled up and started at the weekend.

10pm BST is: 5pm EST, 2pm PST, for those that were wondering.

PLEASE NOTE: Epic Revealing is not allowed in this Phalla. If you reveal in an epic fashion to the thread, BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN. Don't do it. Unless I've said you can.

Narration Links:

Day One

Day Two

Day Three

Day Four

Day Five

Day Six

Day Seven

Day Eight

Day Nine

Kay2 on

• Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Player List:

1) SimonWolf - The Horror Movie Buff DEAD
    2) Jaenther
    3) SpectralSpork
    4) Zandracon - The Goth DEAD
    5) Wildcat - The Popular Clique - The Quarterback DEAD
    6) Dunadan019 - B.F.F. #1 DEAD
    7) GrimmyTOA
    8) Keika - The Reporter DEAD
    9) Typhus733
    10) crimsoncoyote - The Gorgeous Airhead - DEAD
    11) Julius Caezure - The Latent Psychic - DEAD
    12) Ebfan - The Wannabe Slasher ARRESTED
    13) Houn - The Geek DEAD
    14) Verr - The Rebel - ARRESTED WRONGFULLY
    15) Eipnoom - The Lover (Male) DEAD
    16) dunedainjedi
    17) Burnage
    18) Captain Eleven
    19) The_Reflection - The Lover (Female) DEAD
    20) [strike]kuhlmeye[/strike] Darian - The Jock DEAD

Reserves:

R1) Psolms - NO KILL!
    [strike]R2) Darian - NO KILL![/strike]
    R3) B:L - KILL!
    R4) TehSloth - KILL!
    R5) Kime - KILL! or NO KILL! ?
    R6) vertroue - KILL!
    R7) Fatal3RR0R - NO KILL!

Kay2 on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Haha, jeeze, I was too fast. Lemme delete that post.

simonwolf on
    edited June 2009
    It just proves that you didn't read the OP! Especially as you didn't vote on how calling the police should work!

Kay2 on
  • JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd like in. !SIGNUP, and might as well keep the police realisticly indescriminate.

Jaenther on
  • SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Spork On! Kill!

SpectralSpork on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    It just proves that you didn't read the OP! Especially as you didn't vote on how calling the police should work!

Ah, I think I missed the "when you sign up" part of the post - I thought we were going to make that choice within the game.

Regardless, kill 'em.

simonwolf on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !signup

kill

Zandracon on
    edited June 2009
    So I'm going to admit that I have no idea what the difference between GMT and BST is, or why vote close is listed twice, unless the second one is a timeframe for just the police violence vote?

and looks like you're not alone in just skimming, Simon

Jaenther on
    edited June 2009
    Probley another silly term for GMT.

SpectralSpork on
    edited June 2009
    Whups, thanks Jaenther. I put the voteclose in there twice for emphasis, but forgot to change from GMT to BST on one of them.

BST is British Summertime, which turns the clocks back a couple weeks earlier than in the states, and thus there's a bit of a difference.

It's 12:10pm BST right now (ten after noon), for reference.

Kay2 on
    edited June 2009
    Whups, thanks Jaenther. I put the voteclose in there twice for emphasis, but forgot to change from GMT to BST on one of them.

BST is British Summertime, which turns the clocks back a couple weeks earlier than in the states, and thus there's a bit of a difference.

It's 12:10pm BST right now (ten after noon), for reference.

So it's like EDT then. Except evil.

SpectralSpork on
    edited June 2009
    always glad when my ongoing confusion can help. Haha, 2 pm vote close will give me a good reason to get out of bed!

Jaenther on
    edited June 2009
    You guys are missing the most important question of all, which is what time this game ends according to JST?

simonwolf on
    edited June 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    You guys are missing the most important question of all, which is what time this game ends according to JST?

You mean the most insignificent and unseemingly of facts. No answer is yours!

SpectralSpork on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !Signup for police-doughnut-chomping vote shenanigans, please.

Wildcat on
    edited June 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »

You mean the most insignificent and unseemingly of facts. No answer is yours!

BUZZ.

I'm sorry, the correct answer was 6am JST. That would also make it 7am AEST.

simonwolf on
    edited June 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    !Signup for police-doughnut-chomping vote shenanigans, please.

KILL! or NO KILL! result from the vote, Mr Cat?

Kay2 on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    No kill, hence my signup in cyan. Also the reference to the cops being too busy eating doughnuts to actually arrest someone.

Wildcat on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Signup

No Kill

Doughnut

Dunadan019 on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'll play as long as I don't have to be evil. It's too much stress.

No Kill

GrimmyTOA on
  • KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hey, I didn't miss !signup this time. :) And so ends my short phalla hiatus.

Oh, and before I forget, !No Kill.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !Sign, what better place than a mini to try weird shit like that.

Typhus733 on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !sineups
    Coin says No

crimsoncoyote on
  • Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !sign up.

!Kill

Bumbling incompetent policemen are a staple of horror films.

Julius Caezure on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I hope that the vote for kill or no kill is a tie so that Kay has to decide!

Dunadan019 on
    edited June 2009
    !sign up.

!Kill

Bumbling incompetent policemen are a staple of horror films.

The more I think about it, the more I think the potential lack of a vote kill would reflect the general incompetence of horror movie cops - change my vote to no kill, please.

simonwolf on
  • Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I guess I can see that. I was thinking more along the lines of having a townie deputy, first week on the job, who shows up scared out of his mind with an itchy trigger finger, and thus is more likely to gun down anyone who startles him/looks at him askance.

If you'd rather the Barney Fife, can't hit the broad-side of a barn deputy who runs around uselessly, then I'm okay with that too.

Either way, since we get to help mold the policeman's effectiveness, I think we should try to imbue him with some kind of a personality to fit.

Julius Caezure on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !sign up

!no

Ebfan on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    (Julius Ceasure gets a cookie for alerting me to this. Grudge Over. <3)

!SignUp
    !No-Kill - let's see something new, eh?

Houn on
  • VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !Signup

Verr on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I guess I can see that. I was thinking more along the lines of having a townie deputy, first week on the job, who shows up scared out of his mind with an itchy trigger finger, and thus is more likely to gun down anyone who startles him/looks at him askance.

If you'd rather the Barney Fife, can't hit the broad-side of a barn deputy who runs around uselessly, then I'm okay with that too.

Either way, since we get to help mold the policeman's effectiveness, I think we should try to imbue him with some kind of a personality to fit.

The way I see it, he keeps showing up and saying "You darn kids, there's no murderer -- stop dragging me out to your creepy cabin in the woods!" And then we catch a bad guys and he says "Okay, so there was one. But I'm sure he was working alone." Then the next night, he says "You darn kids, I already arrested the murderer. Stop dragging me out to your creepy cabin in the woods!"

GrimmyTOA on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This is gonna be fucking awesome when you guys spend the first two days calling the cops out on villagers and then when you try to nail a seered baddie on day three the cops don't show up. :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • EipnoomEipnoom Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !Signup
    No Kill

This should be great.

Eipnoom on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If we're allowed to do a Scooby-Doo crossover, I call dibs on Shaggy.

"Yoinks, Scoob, looks like another councilor has gone missing! I say we high tail it out of here... after we finish these delicious grilled burgers!"

*Laughtrack*

Houn on
  • dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Signup!

Kill!

dunedainjedi on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I used to mod the films' semi-official forums. I have to sign up.

Also, no kill.

Burnage on
    edited June 2009
    Player list constantly updated.

I just finished sketching out the role mechanics. You guys are either going to love me after this, or utterly fucking hate me.

Experimentation is fun!

Kay2 on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Player list constantly updated.

I just finished sketching out the role mechanics. You guys are either going to love me after this, or utterly fucking hate me.

Experimentation is fun!

That's what she said!

EDIT: Lemon Chiffon is the best color.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Finally I catch a mini in time.

!Sign Up

Also

!KILL

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

also I don't play this sissy shit

KILL

The_Reflection on