As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    Play as Nosferatu.

Man I really want another V:TM game to be developed.

I think that MMO that's been in dev for ages is still going ahead slowly, not sure though.

"in 4-5 years" from about this time two years ago, so my amazing powers of math tell me 2-3 years away. Too long. Also having very little news about it since then is bad.

Okay apparently CCP (the people that are developing it) are going to be at the european GDC in august announcing their next game.

CCP , of EvE, is making this?! Hrmmmm. At least they're not afraid to make their own game, with their own rules. Then again, CCP blatantly backing an ingame alliance in their own game really made me doubt their sanity.

It certainly is the most surprising game related thing I read in a while.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    sarukun wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    malkavian.jpg
    Okay, I'm suddenly very interested in this game.

L|ama on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So is this action or horror.

I like vampires, but I don't like shit that's going to make me jump while I'm playing.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    There are a few parts that will make you shit yourself (the hotel), but most of the time you are the scary one.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That might just be a deal breaker.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    so did the unofficial patches fixed all the bugs yet? And what about the unimplemented features, like histories?

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Your loss.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Your loss.

I'll try to cope.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Oh God it's Azula.

The world has gone mad.

actually, that's Frankie Foster

that's even worse

Ledneh on
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is the hotel before or after the resolution of the Voerman sisters' story? Because that storyline alone is worth $20 (and afterward you'll be hooked enough to brave 10 minutes of haunted hotel).

Airking850 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    During. They own it and you need to stop it being haunted so they can continue work on it, if I remember correctly, it's like the last thing you do for them beforehand.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Good luck.

Already there.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My favorite rpg of all time.

Also, FUCK THE OCEANSIDE HOTEL.

edit: D: I want a new one of these! This game is so great and well-written! Seriously. The fucking Oceanside is actually a really great example of how to do horror right in a game.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    But the hotel is good scary, not fucking screamers or anything. And if you want to be more creeped out:
    There's actually about 4 times you can see the husband in there, but you have to look at the right place at the right time. I never saw him either time through, which creeps me the fuck out. Also when you first go to the beach you see beckett in wolf form run along the cliffs if you look there, which I also didn't notice the first time around.

L|ama on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    But the hotel is good scary, not fucking screamers or anything. And if you want to be more creeped out:
    There's actually about 4 times you can see the husband in there, but you have to look at the right place at the right time. I never saw him either time through, which creeps me the fuck out. Also when you first go to the beach you see beckett in wolf form run along the cliffs if you look there, which I also didn't notice the first time around.

I noticed him my first time. I thought a werewolf was going to get me.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Figuring out how to kill the giant werewolf at the observatory was so epic. Doors crushing him, he's still madly clutching and clawing at you.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Figuring out how to kill the giant werewolf at the observatory was so epic. Doors crushing him, he's still madly clutching and clawing at you.

i just ran. and ran, and ran.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    And then you find out that he is a little pussy compared to a werewolf. That bit was really good at showing you that you don't fuck around with WoD werewolves.

And that Nines is the ultimate badass (if you went with the Anarchs).
    nines.jpg

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I really wish there was another edged weapon in the game besides a Katana. Ever since Highlander, if you're an immortal whatever, you have a Katana. What about a claymore, or a saber, a good cut-and-thrust weapon? Nope, it's Katana for you.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I really wish there was another edged weapon in the game besides a Katana. Ever since Highlander, if you're an immortal whatever, you have a Katana. What about a claymore, or a saber, a good cut-and-thrust weapon? Nope, it's Katana for you.

bush hook.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

This irritated me until I learned that the katana is basically the ultimate in sword technology.

It does literally everything any other sword does.

sarukun on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

The katana is just a bastard sword with good PR and the fanboys think samurai could WTF Pwnz any other warrior in history. Like the Vikings or Roman Centurians were pussies.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

This irritated me until I learned that the katana is basically the ultimate in sword technology.

Not really. It's a slashing weapon, which would do dick against good chain mail. What makes them so special is the steel technology used, which is more metallurgy than sword design.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hunter wrote: »

Not really. It's a slashing weapon, which would do dick against good chain mail. What makes them so special is the steel technology used, which is more metallurgy than sword design.

Incorrect, the katana is a slashing, stabbing, and ..... whatever the third class of swordy weapon is. There are three of them, and the katana employs mechanics of all three types. It is most effective as a slashing weapon, this is true, and more specialized weapons will do one or two of the other types perhaps better

but this is what I was told by that National Geographic special, and Nat Geo doesn't fuck around with swords!

sarukun on
  • Options
    DsmartDsmart Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Most effective against unarmored and like-armed targets.

The katana is a second rate fencer and it has none of the bashing power you would need against armored opponents in medieval Europe. A knight with a bastard sword would probably turn the first slash, grab his blade and hilt , bash your nose in with the pommel, and then proceed to turn you into ground chuck.

Dsmart on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

that show Ultimate Warrior had samurai vs. vikings. samurai won.

i was like BULLSHIT.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've been meaning to play this shit for years

The only vampire-related media that isn't gay

(also the interview with a vampire movie)

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ultimate Warrior is the worst thing.

Dsmart on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I bet they didn't have a berserker on that show.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The conclusions they reach are always retarded

I posit, however, that nowhere else on tv do you get to see a bunch of guys chop pigs up with katanas or hit them with morningstars

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009

i was like BULLSHIT.

That pissed me off too. The viking was just fighting like a tard instead of a berseking machine of rage and death.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Or a cat in a fugue

Dsmart on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

i was like BULLSHIT.

That pissed me off too. The viking was just fighting like a tard instead of a berseking machine of rage and death.

Seriously, a fucking relatively small force of warriors conquered the shit out of all England.

Like three fucking times.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Who won out of the fake battle between a Spartan and a ninja?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »

I posit, however, that nowhere else on tv do you get to see a bunch of guys chop pigs up with katanas or hit them with morningstars

At least they got Spartan vs Ninja right. I bet a bunch of fanboys shit their sweatpants that night when the spartan gutted the ninja like a pig and won the battle. They were all expecting the ninja to blast out with a magical flurry of attacks with doves flying in slow motion and a million lotus petals slowly dropping from the sky before making the spartan's heart explode with his mind.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

i was like BULLSHIT.

Seriously, a fucking relatively small force of warriors conquered the shit out of all England.

Like three fucking times.

Yeah, that episode pissed me off

Vikings would've crushed those tiny little asian men

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I am seeing that they had a Sicilian Mafia vs Yakuza fight. I need to know why I haven't seen this show before.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »

At least they got Spartan vs Ninja right. I bet a bunch of fanboys shit their sweatpants that night when the spartan gutted the ninja like a pig and won the battle. They were all expecting the ninja to blast out with a magical flurry of attacks with doves flying in slow motion and a million lotus petals slowly dropping from the sky before making the spartan's heart explode with his mind.

I didn't see the end of that one, I'm glad it ended right

One of the more retarded ones was "Yakuza versus Mafia"

The Mafia won for some reason, but it was absolutely asinine

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Also, Spetsnaz ever beating Green Berets. Although that was a weird matchup because the ex-green berets they got were hotheaded girls.

Anyway a better match up would have been Mossad vs. Spetsnaz or Seal Team 6 vs. SAS

Dsmart on