As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The Apache knife fighters were sick as fuck.

Metzger Meister on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The Spetznaz are awesome

I remember seeing a series of images from their boot camp and goddamn

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • DsmartDsmart Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You know why the Sayeret Matkal are better?

How much have you heard about them?

Exactly.

Dsmart on
  • DsmartDsmart Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also the spetsnaz are really good at killing Chechen schoolboys ill' give them that.

Dsmart on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Apaches are mean motherfuckers. They are the ninjas of the new world and the basic prototype for how our special forces operate today. The only negatives were the materials the natives used early on. Give them tempered steel and it would be on like Donkey Kong.

Hunter on
    edited June 2009
    Hunter wrote: »

Apaches are mean motherfuckers. They are the ninjas of the new world and the basic prototype for how our special forces operate today. The only negatives were the materials the natives used early on. Give them tempered steel and it would be on like Donkey Kong.

Also, resistance to smallpox

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I.R.A. vs Taliban

That is hilarious

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited June 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »

Also, resistance to smallpox

They had fire, but apparently free blankets was too good of an offer.

Hunter on
    edited June 2009
    It was plaid, man

Plaid was so enticing it caused the fall of the entire Sioux and Apache nations

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited June 2009
    I was impressed with the Maori guys too. Big angry guys yelling at you in grass skirts right before they bash your head in and eat you is a scary enemy.

Hunter on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I was impressed with the Maori guys too. Big angry guys yelling at you in grass skirts right before they bash your head in and eat you is a scary enemy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMCAV6Yd0Y&feature=related

Metzger Meister on
    edited June 2009
    It's amazing what muskets and horses did for the Western world in terms of native-oppression.

So many grass huts would still be there today if the fruit-hatted peoples of the world hadn't succumbed to disease or tried to hit men with guns with sticks

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Pretty much. You don't have to be the best warrior in the world if you have gear that is leaps and bounds better then your enemies.

The Red Baron, perhaps the greatest pilot ever, wouldn't fair well in his bi-plane against an F-22.

Hunter on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's amazing what muskets and horses did for the Western world in terms of native-oppression.

So many grass huts would still be there today if the fruit-hatted peoples of the world hadn't succumbed to disease or tried to hit men with guns with sticks

which reminds me, I need to play Empire: Total War

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The greatest tool the Spetsnaz have is Russia's ability to accept ridiculously large numbers of casualties during the training process.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited June 2009
    Pretty much. You don't have to be the best warrior in the world if you have gear that is leaps and bounds better then your enemies.

The Red Baron, perhaps the greatest pilot ever, wouldn't fair well in his bi-plane against an F-22.

That would be hilarious to watch.

Metzger Meister on
    edited June 2009

Killing the Indians and stealing their land makes me giggle. I'm all "no Tonto, not yours...I need those plantations to earn money for my war machine to crush real enemies".

Hunter on
    edited June 2009

That would be hilarious to watch.

Especially if Snoopy was in the F-22.

Hunter on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dsmart wrote: »
    You know why the Sayeret Matkal are better?

How much have you heard about them?

Exactly.

honestly Mossad are spies more than anything

The dudes from the Sayeret scare the everliving hell out of me

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited June 2009

Killing the Indians and stealing their land makes me giggle. I'm all "no Tonto, not yours...I need those plantations to earn money for my war machine to crush real enemies".

Filthy savages just can't be trusted with anything.

They're such children!

Metzger Meister on
    edited June 2009

They're such children!

I love playing as the English and imagining discussing my rape and pillage of Indian lands in an upper crust proper English accent. I do say chap, these savages really are not putting up a good fight against our 24 pound cannons and dragoons.

Hunter on
    edited June 2009

They're such children!

I love playing as the English and imagining discussing my rape and pillage of Indian lands in an upper crust proper English accent. I do say chap, these savages really are not putting up a good fight against our 24 pound cannons and dragoons.

All having High Tea in the middle of a burning village

dude raising a cup to his lips as a burning native runs screaming past him

"Oh I say!"

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Oh God it's Azula.

The world has gone mad.

actually, that's Frankie Foster

D:

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMCAV6Yd0Y&feature=related

I learned this dance, it was fucking awesome.

sarukun on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    By the by, the 'scary' stuff in this game shouldn't break it for you. It's really not that bad, just atmospheric. If you've played Thief or F.E.A.R., it's not much worse than that.

The really good character arcs make up for it in spades. The Voerman stuff has to be seen to be believed.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    I never played either of those.

Edit:

Scale of 1 to Left 4 Dead Witch, break this game down.

sarukun on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well, then... there's a part where you explore a creepy hotel.
    Lots of otherworldly stuff happens, i.e. lights flickering, words on the walls, etc.
    None of it can actually harm you.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    I saw the hotel bit, that's pretty tame.

sarukun on
    edited June 2009
    Then I guess you're out of excuses. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    Do I have to wear a cape, speak with a forced British accent, and read Anne Rice novels if I play this?

Hunter on
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have a mac now. But I used to really like this game.

:( WOE

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    edited June 2009
    I have a mac now. But I used to really like this game.

:( WOE

What is the line from that comic?

"You've sown in the field of betrayal, and now you reap only failure?"

Something like that.

I guess I'll start downloading this mess now even though I just bought Ghostbusters for 65 bucks.

sarukun on
    edited June 2009
    Do I have to wear a cape, speak with a forced British accent, and read Anne Rice novels if I play this?

Only if you're a faggot Toreador or Ventrue.

REAL men play fetish-gear wearing psychopath vampire bitches who yell at stop signs or giant black bikers who hit motherfuckers with a goddamn sledgehammer (malkavian and brujah respectively)

Metzger Meister on
    edited June 2009

REAL men play fetish-gear wearing psychopath vampire bitches who yell at stop signs or giant black bikers who hit motherfuckers with a goddamn sledgehammer (malkavian and brujah respectively)

How about a fat gothy Nosferatu chick that wears clothing that's far to revealing for her weight to attractiveness ratio?

Hunter on
    edited June 2009
    I always liked the Nosferatu.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited June 2009

How about a fat gothy Nosferatu chick that wears clothing that's far to revealing for her weight to attractiveness ratio?

Nosferatu females tend to make their ugliness as obvious as humanly possible, because it pisses off the Toreador.

Nosferatu hate the Toreador.

In fact, Nosferatu tend to embrace the 'beautiful people' just to ruin their pretty faces.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    She's a butterface with tusks, warts, and a lazy eye. Still, she has a car and her parents are loaded, so at least she buys stuff for us all the time.

Hunter on
    edited June 2009

Only if you're a faggot Toreador.

Slight correction, Ventrue can be hardcore. Pieterzoon survives a Sabbat raid during Gehenna just on account of how sharp-minded he is. They can be jerks, but when things get crazy, they know how to regulate.

I have no appreciation for Toreys. All they do is look pretty and host galleries.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    I always liked the Nosferatu.

My friend played this Nosferatu who had been driven insane by his Embrace and had taken to breaking into houses and hiding under children's beds and in closets and shit.

Metzger Meister on
    edited June 2009
    Is this an MMO where there are other people?

Hunter on