As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I always liked the Nosferatu.

My friend played this Nosferatu who had been driven insane by his Embrace and had taken to breaking into houses and hiding under children's beds and in closets and shit.

Yeah, they're the only VTM thing that has room for something other then severe faggotry

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    No, single player. It's better for it though. There's so much going on with the different NPC plotlines that it won't matter.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

My friend played this Nosferatu who had been driven insane by his Embrace and had taken to breaking into houses and hiding under children's beds and in closets and shit.

Yeah, they're the only VTM thing that has room for something other then severe faggotry

Aw c'mon. Brujah, Gangrel, Malkavs...

My other friend played a Malkavian called Slicey who only used a straight-razor, and then later on other edged weapons. He had like maxed speed and all sorts of merits and shit that heightened his speed and we took to calling him the Blender by the end of the campaign.

edit: The WoD is such fertile fucking soil for an MMO.

Metzger Meister on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

There's all kinds of anti-stereotypical stuff you can do. Giovanni like to negotiate truces between the Sabbat and Camarilla, then take them for everything they've got while having their Wraiths spy on both sides.

Assamites take jobs from the highest bidder, then go kill those who can't be killed without a trace. (Especially Tremere, they love killing Tremere.)

Ravnos... well, they're gypsies, no one knows what they're up to.

In short, all the best clans are Independent. Lasombra are also cool.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Assamites?

They have to be the Tom Cruise or Twilight style vampires.

Hunter on
    edited June 2009
    They're middle-eastern, actually.

assamite.jpg

Very honor bound and driven.

You don't see much of them in Bloodlines.

(Doesn't mean they aren't there)

The 'Twilight' style vampires are Toreadors. Shoot on sight.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Who's that one vampire
    under the abandoned hospital who slaughters that film crew and you bring her stuff? i forget what she is.

Metzger Meister on
    edited June 2009
    Who's that one vampire
    under the abandoned hospital who slaughters that film crew and you bring her stuff? i forget what she is.

Sounds like a Nossie.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    oh man reading the tabletop description of Toreadors

you could come up with some cool concepts for those guys

like, yeah, they do sound the most sissified, but I bet everyone plays Malkavians or Brujahs or Nosferatu

Charles Kinbote on
    edited June 2009
    There can be interesting Toreadors, but they're few and far between. Most players I've met just drive the Anne Rice stereotype into the ground.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I always liked Ventrue and Gangrels.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • J. GrantJ. Grant Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    I always liked Ventrue and Gangrels.

Gangrels in this game are some whupass melee motherfuckers.

J. Grant on
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Who's that one vampire

Sounds like a Nossie.

Nah, she's a nagarajah. She has to eat people rather than drink blood.

Starcross on
    edited June 2009
    Seriously, a world of Darkness mmo would be the shit.

Metzger Meister on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Holy shit, this game downloaded in like ten seconds.

sarukun on
    edited June 2009
    Seriously, the world of Darkness mmo will be the shit.

Fingers crossed.

Starcross on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Never played much Vampire.

My group always played Hunter or Werewolf.

I had a Glasswalker that smashed through a brick wall and tore a vampire in half.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    edited June 2009
    Starcross wrote: »

Fingers crossed.

I'll be there on day 1 for the Guardians of the Veil faction.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    My old Brujah, a biker named Hank, kicked a human guard in the balls so hard the guy died.

Metzger Meister on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My friend DM'd this incredible oWoD game a few years back. It was about a Camerilla Prince who entitles a few young vampires as Scourge due to a Sabbat invasion (that included plague spreading, creating thinbloodd and sending them to fight, and making flesh abominations by the Tzimisce). Our group of young vampires was being tested by the Sheriff to see if we were fit to join the Scourge, when the leader of the Scourge, a pissy Brujah, turns on the Prince and The Camerilla. Some of them join the Sabbat, others just fight everyone, and we had to decide what the hell we were going to do. Best role playing game I ever played.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited June 2009
    Starcross wrote: »

Fingers crossed.

I'll be there on day 1 for the Guardians of the Veil faction.

Ordo Dracul for me. Sure the two religious covenants have crazy sorcery but can they require slightly less blood than they otherwise would and be a little less afraid of fire and sunlight? I think not.

Starcross on
    edited June 2009
    I had a Malkavian who was Whip(co-Primogen) for a week or two since there were no other Malkavians in the city(Tampa). Then Neon died, and he became Primogen just as a whole pack of new Malks showed up.

He was killed a week later, diablerized by a Toreador.

That's part of the reason why I hate those guys. Then again, he had already made an enemy out of the cross-hating Giovanni for wearing one to Elysium, so his days were probably numbered anyway.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    So this game definitely shows its age, but the voice acting in it is already fucking head and shoulders above most games.

Any reason I should NOT get the Unofficial 6.whatever patch?

sarukun on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    There can be interesting Toreadors, but they're few and far between. Most players I've met just drive the Anne Rice stereotype into the ground.

I just think you could do some really fun thing with the whole "lose it in the face of beauty" weakness by twisting your Toreador's concept of beauty

If he's a little wrong in the head and finds horrifying, frightening, disgusting or gory shit to be beauteous, he could become obsessed with doing more and more fucked-up things to his victims to go into greater and greater paroxysms of joy

could be fun, is all I'm saying

Charles Kinbote on
    edited June 2009
    Purist things mostly. They added some things that were just plain taken out of the original for some reason, like Dominate being accessible to non-Ventrue for manipulating conversations. I think the good outweighs the bad, but you should get the 6.2 anyway. You can play it 'Basic' style to just fix the most known glitches(which will drive you nuts if you encounter them), then try the Plus with all the added stuff on a second run.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wow, they had a half vampire, half fae bloodline in the game? Sweet.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited June 2009
    so like

how do I install this.... if it's all wrapped up in steam? It wants to create an Activision folder, will that work?

sarukun on
    edited June 2009
    sarukun wrote: »
    so like

how do I install this.... if it's all wrapped up in steam? It wants to create an Activision folder, will that work?

Not sure, personally. The patch site says it's for retail versions, so you might be out of luck.

On the bright side, most of the common glitches can be fixed by saving and reloading, so just keep an older save handy at all times.

One of the newer mods allows for some crazy stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHjKL7AA-c0

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    That's bull donk, this totally is a Retail version!

sarukun on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Janson's gonna love this thread

also the best clan is Tzmisce

Moriveth on
    edited June 2009
    Man, there is NO info about the WoD mmo out there AT ALL.

also yes Tzmisce are fucking badass.

Metzger Meister on
    edited June 2009
    HAH! Figured it out.

sarukun on
    edited June 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »

Mori, we were singing your song at work the other day.

It was frikkin' weird.

sarukun on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Rad!

Also I should play this game sometime, it was fun

Ocean House is undoubtedly one of the creepiest parts in a game

beaten by most of SS2, of course

Moriveth on
    edited June 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »

That's pronounced Zhi-mee-see (zh as in pleasure) for people not up on their WoD knowledge.

Starcross on
    edited June 2009
    True Brujah is the best clan

slowing time around you so you could punch people in slow motion

bad

ass

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited June 2009
    True Brujah are slightly different than Brujah proper, in source material terms. They're more scholarly and activist than the typical bruiser sort, and usually elders.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I'm just saying Temporis is a wicked discipline to have. That and the Lasombra shadow manipulation one.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited June 2009
    I would kill for a Sabbat expansion with Lasombra as a selectable clan.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fuck the sabbat

bunch of bitches

except Tzmisce, who have the coolest discipline in the game.

Also Sarukun are you seriously not going to play this game because one section that's literally not longer than an hour is jumpy-scary? You're missing out on one of the greatest (albeit buggiest) rpgs of all time.

Cilla Black on