As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009
    are you sure you're just not brain damaged

Tube on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    maybe a little

dammit it crashed

Projeck on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Bloodlines can be a buggy mess. Save often.

I had the elevator in the tutorial lock up on me when I restarted.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    dangits it crashed again

Projeck on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Rad!

Also I should play this game sometime, it was fun

Ocean House is undoubtedly one of the creepiest parts in a game

beaten by most of SS2, of course

And the Shalebridge Cradle.
    I never could be scared by SS2. It was a fun game, but not really scary at all. All three thief games had some creepy ass parts, although I stopped playing Thief 3 before getting to the Cradle.

Cilla Black on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    Whoever plays this as a malkavian and sides with the anarchs at the end needs to tell me what the actual line to damsel near the end is, something like "Your heart is a candy with the words 'Fuck You' printed on it". Love that line so much.
    anarchs1gj6.jpg

Aistan on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fuck the sabbat

bunch of bitches

except Tzmisce, who have the coolest discipline in the game.

Also Sarukun are you seriously not going to play this game because one section that's literally not longer than an hour is jumpy-scary? You're missing out on one of the greatest (albeit buggiest) rpgs of all time.

Did you miss where I bought the game?

sarukun on
    edited June 2009
    yeah, I am irritated by this whole "patching" business. I am uncertain if this patch applied, but I definitely cannot open and read notes, the shit flashes on the screen for half a second and the is lost to the void.

sarukun on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Aistan wrote: »
    Whoever plays this as a malkavian and sides with the anarchs at the end needs to tell me what the actual line to damsel near the end is, something like "Your heart is a candy with the words 'Fuck You' printed on it". Love that line so much.
    anarchs1gj6.jpg[img][/img]

Aha yes, thank you.

saru: did you miss the part where he realised that?

L|ama on
    edited June 2009
    Aistan wrote: »
    anarchs1gj6.jpg[img][/img]

Aha yes, thank you.

saru: did you miss the part where he realised that?

I did, in fact!

sarukun on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wimble wrote: »
    The haunted mansion level is the most scared I have ever been in a video game. I loved the shit out of it!

I couldn't play through the haunted mansion unless it was daylight and all the lights were on

Also, although it didn't scare me, the snuff film studio sent proper fucking shivers down my spine

Now, I have tried to replay it three times, but I get terrible motion sickness :(

Janson on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Rad!

Also I should play this game sometime, it was fun

Ocean House is undoubtedly one of the creepiest parts in a game

beaten by most of SS2, of course

And the Shalebridge Cradle.
    I never could be scared by SS2. It was a fun game, but not really scary at all. All three thief games had some creepy ass parts, although I stopped playing Thief 3 before getting to the Cradle.

Seriously? I could understand not being scared by Bioshock, but god the audio in System Shock 2 was fucking creepy.

Then again I did play in the dark with headphones, so that probably skewed my opinions a bit.

Moriveth on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My favorite rpg of all time.

Also, FUCK THE OCEANSIDE HOTEL.

edit: D: I want a new one of these! This game is so great and well-written! Seriously. The fucking Oceanside is actually a really great example of how to do horror right in a game.

Fantastically written, I loved all aspects

I really got into sneaking around, i.e. in the museum or on the boat, which I don't usually have patience for in a game

The atmosphere in the game was absolutely incredible

Janson on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I should play this game and finish it without cheating sometime

if I remember right I made my character all fucked up, with points spread all over the damn place so I just got slaughtered no matter what

Moriveth on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    My favorite rpg of all time.

Also, FUCK THE OCEANSIDE HOTEL.

edit: D: I want a new one of these! This game is so great and well-written! Seriously. The fucking Oceanside is actually a really great example of how to do horror right in a game.

Fantastically written, I loved all aspects

I really got into sneaking around, i.e. in the museum or on the boat, which I don't usually have patience for in a game

The atmosphere in the game was absolutely incredible
    We really do need another Vampire the Masquerade game.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • DeltaDelta Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Time flies while playing this game. I just finished the screenwriter quest.

Delta on
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    The haunted mansion level is the most scared I have ever been in a video game. I loved the shit out of it!

Also, although it didn't scare me, the snuff film studio sent proper fucking shivers down my spine

Agreed. That was actually the first time I'd ever encountered the concept of snuff, so it made it feel all the more sinister. I'd be hard pressed to think of another moment in gaming where I so desperately wanted to destroy every aspect of something as with that horrible operation.
    Seriously? I could understand not being scared by Bioshock, but god the audio in System Shock 2 was fucking creepy.

Then again I did play in the dark with headphones, so that probably skewed my opinions a bit.

I recently tried playing through SS2. While I didn't get very far because the gameplay itself kind of bugged me, I definitely agree about the audio being scary. That echoing laugh in the first real level (as in, not tutorial) freaked me out even though I was playing it co-op with a friend, which is pretty damn respectable (or I am just a pussy, whichever).

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • EnnsEnns Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is the 6.0 patch able to work with the game if bought it on Steam? Worth it, if so?

Enns on
    gransig.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ok, I'm playing this again. Anyone knows how to install custom character skins into the game though?

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Being a melee heavy Malkavian was the best thing, especially when you got to his body armour. It was a fuzzy pimp suit thing! Running around like that holding a garden hook was the best of times.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    J3p wrote: »
    Being a melee heavy Malkavian was the best thing, especially when you got to his body armour. It was a fuzzy pimp suit thing! Running around like that holding a garden hook was the best of times.
    I love his cat in the hat style hat. Unless I'm not remember correctly and I just made that up.

stimtokolos on
    edited June 2009
    J3p wrote: »
    I love his cat in the hat style hat. Unless I'm not remember correctly and I just made that up.
    Nah you've got it totally correct. I'm pretty sure it flailed around and everything!

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Can someone tell me if the Malkavian's Vision of Death does damage to other vampires or if it just stuns them?

scarlet blvd. on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Does the unofficial patch give widescreen resolutions or will I have to run a separate one?

edit:

it does

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Can someone tell me if the Malkavian's Vision of Death does damage to other vampires or if it just stuns them?

Pretty sure it just stuns them. Some Sabbat vampires are so shit that it kills them like a mortal though.

Starcross on
  • moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I need to stop reading game threads. I haven't even finished STALKER yet, and you guys are making me want to buy this. :?

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
    edited June 2009
    moocow wrote: »
    I need to stop reading game threads. I haven't even finished STALKER yet, and you guys are making me want to buy this. :?

You should definitely buy this! It's a fantastic game that you can really sink your teeth into! It's probably also pretty cheap, hardly a big bite out of your wallet.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is it that bloody awesome?

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    stop this. i beg you.

Pony on
    edited June 2009

I recently tried playing through SS2. While I didn't get very far because the gameplay itself kind of bugged me, I definitely agree about the audio being scary. That echoing laugh in the first real level (as in, not tutorial) freaked me out even though I was playing it co-op with a friend, which is pretty damn respectable (or I am just a pussy, whichever).
    SS2 is actually one of my favorite FPS games. I love the gameplay quite a lot, despite all the flaws. The "xp" system is a lot of fun. But no, definitely not scary, not even the audio. Maybe it's just something about the sci-fi setting, I dunno.

Cilla Black on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, there is NO info about the WoD mmo out there AT ALL.

also yes Tzmisce are fucking badass.

It's by CCP who make EVE

On one hand, it means it'll probably be player-driven which is cool for this kinda thing

On the other hand, it also means there'll be a shitload they fuck up

Me Too! on
    edited June 2009
    Good old vampire spreadsheets.

But the flip side to that is due to the arrangement White Wolf is making an EVE p&p game, which might actually be pretty cool. I think it'd be neat to see a sci-fi setting with the storyteller system.

Cilla Black on
    edited June 2009
    Wait why are we saying CCP will fuck it up

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    because wiggin is retarded

please don't engage him on this

Pony on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    What the horse said

Me Too! on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I like EVE :<

Metzger Meister on
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Adam is kind of a dick, though.

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009
    Starcross wrote: »

Pretty sure it just stuns them. Some Sabbat vampires are so shit that it kills them like a mortal though.

It does damage but it's not an instant kill.

Tube on
  • scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Who's that one vampire
    under the abandoned hospital who slaughters that film crew and you bring her stuff? i forget what she is.

She's a member of a bloodline, the Nagaraja. They have to eat the flesh of their victims in addition to drinking their blood...

scarlet ave. on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    A new World of Darkness rpg would be the shit, especially if it was handled by a good dev studio. Think about how much the gaming world has advanced in pretty much every aspect of the game; stealth, shooting, the rpg elements. Damnit, vidya gaem guys, make me a damn WoD game.

Metzger Meister on