As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All hail the king of the mice

124»

• Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »
    Reckoner wrote: »
    Reckoner wrote: »
    I will simply say that the Habu is fragile.
    Why you say that? You have one? Can you be more specific in that point? :-)
    I had two for TF2. When I got critted, so did they.

I think that they solved many problems of the mouse, because it has now something like three years or more in the market. I will get Habu and if it will have any problem, I will return it back.
    No, it's a great mouse in general, but the small pressure points under M1 and M2 are not very resistant to anger(?).

I like my G5. I'd buy another G5, probably because I am so used to it now.

Ditto, it's a superb mouse. I've never used the weights though, they've been sitting gathering dust since I bought it a couple of years ago.

I think the problem now is that in terms of mice they've now reached a point where they're just tweaking the same design, nothing much can be improved upon. Ergonomics has been fine for years now, laser mice have ensured accuracy on just about any surface and the buttons are nice and clicky.

I hope they don't start going the route of planned obsolescence where they design it to fail within a time span.
    On-the-fly sensitivity changing is a huge benefit of Razer mice (and probably others as well). That one will probably catch on soon.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    After they stop making MX1000's

Don't say that :/

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    ReckonerReckoner Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I bought my Microsoft Habu today. It is so awesome! :-D And let me say that all the issues pointed out there are solved in the last versions of the mouse, so: No more problems with the software and the cable of the mouse!

Reckoner on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    After reading this article, I will never ever buy any MS or Razer mouse again. That's the first serious, objective test of mouse performance I ever read.

Funny how the newer mice have crappier and crappier "perfect control" performance. the laser mice are a huge letdown. the Intellimouse 4 is particularly awful... That's why the MX500 felt so good after using the IMEx 4.0.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    love my g5, got it for $45 from a website that has a warehouse in my area and allows you to go pick the stuff up directly if you want.

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    PirusuPirusu Pierce Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I love my G9. So very much. New Egg New Year deal + gift card = $20 G9.

Pirusu on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    mx518 all the way.

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I used to have the G7 with the swappable batteries and I loved that mouse, but the batteries really didn't have much life. Sure when I first got it the batteries would last a week or so, but as it aged, I was swapping them out every day and the idea of buying more batteries for a mouse just didn't seem right.

VoodooV on
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    VoodooV wrote: »
    I used to have the G7 with the swappable batteries and I loved that mouse, but the batteries really didn't have much life. Sure when I first got it the batteries would last a week or so, but as it aged, I was swapping them out every day and the idea of buying more batteries for a mouse just didn't seem right.

yeah i can't stand wireless mice for precisely this reason - have to replace the batteries once is one time too many

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    The true king

10037147.jpg

Hey, h5!

I have the old wired version at home and work. If they ever break (its been like 6+ years now I think) I'll get a wireless one.

Or maybe I'll just go get one now. . .

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    edit: whoops!
    They can pry my intellimouse explorer out of my cold dead hands.

intellimouse_explorer.jpg
    <3<3<3

Aridhol on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I had three, one of them I lost, one became unreliable and the third got its cord chewed through by a rat. :(

LaCabra on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have two of those. I got them both for free. :D

The first one I got from a Staples display when it was being remodeled and the cable broke from heavy use, so MS sent me the second to replace it.

I then spliced the wire so both worked. Now the second gives me problems now and then and probably needs a new wire. The first my mom uses and has been using for probably 6 or 7 years now.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rise from your grave!

So I just found out I'm pretty allergic to Black Rubber Mix, which I believe is used in the rubber coating Razer throws on their products.

Obviously this isn't good. So I ask you, is anyone using a nice mouse that doesn't have some sort of coating on it? I might just sand the coating off my Deathadder (I only paid $20 for it) and glob on the spray paint, but I'd rather just go out and buy another mouse that doesn't have a rubber coating on it, because I can't be sure if I get all of it off, and I'm going to bet that I'm also allergic to something in spraypaint.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    No, stay dead.
    Start a new thread if you want to talk about this, don't resurrect months dead threads.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.