As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Want a Camera! In Canada!

LurkLurk Registered User regular
I'll be hitting University come September and I want to get a camera that is small and cheap enough that I won't be afraid to bring it with me wherever I go. Issue is that I never bought a camera before, don't know where to buy one and in all fairness, generally oblivious of them.

Anyone can recommend a Camera in the 100 to 150 price range that I can get that is fairly compact. Pocket space is at a premium.

415429-1.png?1281464977
Lurk on

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'll just add that I really love Canon cameras, and Nikons have a really awesome reputation. I don't like my current Panasonic.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm no camera expert but honestly, go to a local big box mart and see what they offer.

I doubt there will be a price difference large enough to make buying from an online store a worthwhile choice, and as long as you are buying a name brand camera there is no difference compared to the same model on a website. For 100-150 you should be able to find a great start point and shoot camera with ease.

Also, canon rocks. I've also had great experience with Samsung, and when one of their digital cameras got stuck and the lens wouldn't retract, they allowed me to send it in with no receipt and repaired it for free.

Sanders on