As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

• J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So what you're saying is that, in a fight with a werewolf, you just have to stall until it dies of natural causes.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • TrexyTrexy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i don't think i've ever met a sewer level i have enjoyed

Trexy on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    J3p wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that, in a fight with a werewolf, you just have to stall until it dies of natural causes.

No, you need to make sure that no matter what it does not get close enough to throw a car at you.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

or not be a really young wyrmling

also, euthantos mages were so fun

boy it'd be an awful shame if the roof collapsed on that vampire safehouse

the entire sphere was designed to metagame

PiptheFair on
    edited June 2009

No, you need to make sure that no matter what it does not get close enough to throw a car at you.

or be a stargazer that knows kailindo

PiptheFair on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009
    The first thing I would do if I ever played mage would be go to the races using entropy and come out with resources 5

Tube on
    edited June 2009
    The first thing I would do if I ever played mage would be go to the races using entropy and come out with resources 5

and all you needed was entropy 1

PiptheFair on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    The trick is the technocracy looks specifically for people who do that. The greedy ones are really easy to catch; and interfering with probability is something that dangerous reality deviants do.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What were the guys in Mage called that were so insane and unconsciously powerful they warped the immediate reality around them to what they want? Yeah, those guys are great.

Cilla Black on
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What were the guys in Mage called that were so insane and unconsciously powerful they warped the immediate reality around them to what they want? Yeah, those guys are great.

marauders i think

Canada_jezus on
    edited June 2009
    fuck the technocracy

just know a buddy that has good communication magic and woosh you are invisible

PiptheFair on
    edited June 2009
    And anyone could go Marauder. It is like falling to the dark side in Star Wars; something you always had to be on guard against.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    edited June 2009
    And anyone could go Marauder. It is like falling to the dark side in Star Wars; something you always had to be on guard against.

except you are far more likely to blow up or completely wipe your mind

PiptheFair on
    edited June 2009
    man I might go buy a technocracy book

Tube on
    edited June 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

except you are far more likely to blow up or completely wipe your mind

Yes, this is true. And as for the Technocracy, they are only as dangerous as your Story Teller makes them; just like anything else. But they are an opposing faction of mages with the home field advantage.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    edited June 2009
    As a GM, marauders gave you a chance to take a break from the ordinary game and just do whatever the fuck you wanted for a session. Really great idea on White Wolf's part. Want to put your players in a 1920s era noir story? Toss a marauder in as the sexy dame!

Cilla Black on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man setting a vampire game in the 1950's or 60's would be fucking dope.

Metzger Meister on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Where would it be set, though?

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited June 2009
    Is there any way of running a mage game online that wouldn't suck because someone should do it

hey remember when skull man did that devastating expose about how I like to play wod games

Tube on
    edited June 2009
    well if there is a way to make a mage online game work, it would probably be on this forum. it's about the only place i've ever seen online where games can actually last to completion.

Cilla Black on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Vegas, back when it was like 100% mafia-owned and run.

edit: A vampire game in vegas would be awesome

Metzger Meister on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Is there any way of running a mage game online that wouldn't suck because someone should do it

hey remember when skull man did that devastating expose about how I like to play wod games

Goons have a couple scripts set up in an IRC room for Awakening games

Just dice rolls and shit

All the OOC is done in one room, all the RPing is done in the other

Works pretty well

I'd be up for this if someone wanted to run it, just have to redo my Mage character since the guys I played with before had a fucked up chargen

Me Too! on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Wait, what did he say

Because I can't see how that'd be particularly damning

unless you LARP

Moriveth on
    edited June 2009
    I need to start digging through long forgotten corners to locate my books...

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »

Just dice rolls and shit

Works pretty well

I'd be up for this if someone wanted to run it, just have to redo my Mage character since the guys I played with before had a fucked up chargen

There's an ongoing Mage game in CF, you know.

I'm not familiar with Old Mage, but New Mage allows for quite a lot of stuff. I love the different factions especially.

And Hunters are not all that hardcore. They're deadly, but when it all comes down to it, they're heavily armed mortals. One solid blow and it's over.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Vegas, back when it was like 100% mafia-owned and run.

edit: A vampire game in vegas would be awesome

There's a NWOD game set in the old west being run around here. I haven't checked it out yet, but it sounds interesting.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »

Just dice rolls and shit

Works pretty well

There's an ongoing Mage game in CF, you know.

I'm not familiar with Old Mage, but New Mage allows for quite a lot of stuff. I love the different factions especially.

And Hunters are not all that hardcore. They're deadly, but when it all comes down to it, they're heavily armed mortals. One solid blow and it's over.

Yeah but how easy is it for me to jump into that game

Seeing as I played once last December

Me Too! on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    well if there is a way to make a mage online game work, it would probably be on this forum. it's about the only place i've ever seen online where games can actually last to completion.

mcc tried running a Mage game on IRC with forumers a looooooong time ago. We got a few sessions done before half the people stopped showing up, and a couple more before it was decided it was impossible to get enough people together at the same time to play.

It was fun while it lasted...

DarkPrimus on
    edited June 2009
    I'm not sure I could handle an IRC game. PBP is tricky enough.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    IRC games are easier to run from what I've seen, as long as you can be flexible with not running it every week if something comes up

Me Too! on
    edited June 2009
    Also if you haven't already get the WoD: Slasher supp

It's rad as fuck

Me Too! on
    edited June 2009
    irc games are more fun and allow for a more structured game, i think, but you'll have more issues with people showing up versus a play-by-post game.

Cilla Black on
    edited June 2009
    Also White Wolf's Scion thing is pretty rad it looks like

Me Too! on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Vampire noir... that's so potentially good it's a bit scary.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited June 2009
    noir makes everything better?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Everything.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited June 2009
    The prologue for Scion: Hero is like 30 pages long and it's basically about Thor's half-god kid but the important part is Odin's ravens show up and talk to him

One has a British accent

The other sounds like a dude from Brooklyn

This is amazing

Me Too! on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »

Vampire noir... that's so potentially good it's a bit scary.

I don't think noir means what you think it means.

DarkPrimus on
    edited June 2009
    Holy shit this kid has a gun made out of a piece of Mjolnir well really just the firing pin is but it still shoots fucking lightning

Holy shit why hadn't I heard of this before let's all play Scion

Me Too! on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mage was always pretty awesome.

Sons of Ether all up ins.

Abracadaniel on