As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Owenashi wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I've never played Arcanum, but I'm considering tracking it down after my second run of Bloodlines.

I also need to check out V:TM Redemption, which I've never played.

As for Bloodlines crashing: that's its way of welcoming you back. Happened to me twice.

I've tried Redemption. It's ok, I suppose, but it paled compared to Bloodlines seeing as I tried to play both around the same time. Looking back at it, it kinda gave me a Legacy Of Kain vibe.

The LoK games were all fantastic, in their way.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Rad!

Also I should play this game sometime, it was fun

Ocean House is undoubtedly one of the creepiest parts in a game

beaten by most of SS2, of course

And the Shalebridge Cradle.
    I never could be scared by SS2. It was a fun game, but not really scary at all. All three thief games had some creepy ass parts, although I stopped playing Thief 3 before getting to the Cradle.

You missed out, then. The Cradle was absolutely horrifying, the creepiest thing I've ever seen in a video/computer game.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009
    the cradle was dumb

Tube on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    the cradle was dumb

Tube I am raising my eyebrow at you.

DarkPrimus on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tube cannot appreciate the Cradle because he's got his own house of the dead to run.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    the cradle was dumb

it was dumb and not scary. if I had to sum it up in three words they would be

is

that

it

Tube on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I've never played Arcanum, but I'm considering tracking it down after my second run of Bloodlines.

I also need to check out V:TM Redemption, which I've never played.

As for Bloodlines crashing: that's its way of welcoming you back. Happened to me twice.

I've tried Redemption. It's ok, I suppose, but it paled compared to Bloodlines seeing as I tried to play both around the same time. Looking back at it, it kinda gave me a Legacy Of Kain vibe.

The LoK games were all fantastic, in their way.

Oh yeah, not saying the vibe is a bad one.

Owenashi on
    edited June 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    the cradle was dumb

it was dumb and not scary. if I had to sum it up in three words they would be

is

that

it

Immersion, maaaaan, immersion.

DarkPrimus on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What's this stuff about Atlantis, then

Moriveth on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    J3p wrote: »
    Where would it be set, though?

Vegas, back when it was like 100% mafia-owned and run.

edit: A vampire game in vegas would be awesome

Holy shit, Metz, this would rule all over the place.

sarukun on
    edited June 2009
    Projeck wrote: »
    oh damn this prosthetics guys place is so creepy

The shift it atmosphere between waiting room and warehouse is fucking incredible.

I was in the waiting from and like "okay, cool" and then I went into the warehouse and I'm like "shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, something is about to go down".

sarukun on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    And then you get clocked by him with a severed limb.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited June 2009
    Okay, when I said nothing in the Ocean House was harmful, I lied horribly.

It's really only those pipes at the end that are trouble, the rest of that mess is no big deal.

You guys are pussies, there is literally nothing in this game so far that makes you jump. There's a lot of really good creepy atmosphere and what not, but nothing like Resident Evil, where shit is coming through windows and you're like SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Also fuck that plaguebearer guy with his super speed and fucking endless shotgun bullshit. I walked in there with only 17 shotgun rounds, that fight took like 2 hours.

sarukun on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I managed to resolve the Voerman situation properly for the first time.
    Persuasion 4 tied it up in a neat little bow. I'm not sure if I had to say what they wanted to hear beforehand, but I guess it didn't hurt.

I messed up briefly and killed off Jeanette. If you talk to Therese, you'll see she looks depressed... so all's well that end's well this way, sort of.

I never managed to solve the pier murders on my first run, so it'd be nice if I could figure that out this time.

Oh, and Blood Thaum is beautifully broken. The diner fight was like shooting fish in a barrel.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    The sheer number of side quests in this game is fantastic. I'm really glad you guys convinced me. There are definitely a lot of areas that leave some things to be desired, but over all this game was well worth the money.

I'm at the Malkavian Primogen's house right now, snappin' crazies' necks all over the place. Next playthrough i'm cranking my ranged stat and playing as a machine-gun-toting Malkavian chick for sure.

Edit: God, the voice acting in this game is just superb. The guy who does the Malkavian Primogen's voice work is fucking Shakespearean.

sarukun on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Are those the ones where the homeless guy witnessed the next one in central LA?

saru: that's because it's a properly done scary, instead of stupid AHHHHH IT JUMPED OUT IN FRONT OF YOU SCREAMING AAAAAAAAAH shit

also make sure to listen to all that dude's recordings, slow descent into madness and shit.

L|ama on
    edited June 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    Are those the ones where the homeless guy witnessed the next one in central LA?

saru: that's because it's a properly done scary, instead of stupid AHHHHH IT JUMPED OUT IN FRONT OF YOU SCREAMING AAAAAAAAAH shit

also make sure to listen to all that dude's recordings, slow descent into madness and shit.

I much prefer that building of atmosphere to "OOGA-BOOGA" scare tactics.

And I am devouring those recordings, they are fucking fantastic.

Edit: This just isn't fair. I'm a fucking ninja with the neck-breaking in this house. These poor loonies don't stand a chance.

sarukun on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I really should play this

but damn it's really late

perhaps tomorrow

Moriveth on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I loved neck-breaking

There's a quest towards the end of the game where you get to kill pretty much everyone that way

Janson on
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Has anyone noticed how easy you gain humanity in the beginning? I'm still in Santa Monica and I have 10 humanity points, even after I lied to that guy on the beach.

scarlet blvd. on
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If I remember correctly it is pretty similar with Masquerade Redemptions.
    I think the idea is to allow you to experience the system and get to understand it without serious consequences while you're just learning and then towards the end you need to make choices with more meaning to them and watch your step.

stimtokolos on
    edited June 2009
    Bahaha, steam blows, valve leaks! Hilarious.

sarukun on
  • moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I got it this morning. >_<

Playing a Brujah named Regina! No weapons at all, just sweet, violent bare-fisted domination. Playing as a nice girl, but due to a lack of sneaktitude, a lot of cops get slaughtered sometimes. :( I also try to sleep with anything that moves.
    Fuck those god damn 3-headed abortion monsters in the sewers. D: Every time I fight one, I feel like I'm in a south park roshambo match, we just wail on each others' nuts until one of us goes down.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Then here's where it gets a bit more complex.

Supposedly(though few if any know for sure), magic originated in Atlantis. A few Mages tried to create a gateway to the heavens with their magic to perfect their learning when something went wrong, and the ladder shattered. A few managed to ascend, while the rest were cast down into the fallen world.

When the ladder broke apart, it created a giant abyss in its wake: from which all Paradox comes. The Exarchs control the higher(Supernal) realm, and want to keep the majority of humanity in the dark about magic. A few Mages in the Supernal oppose the Exarchs, and they created the Watchtowers: beacons to help sleepers with the right potential become Mages.

And yeah, I don't get the obsession with Atlantis either, but it's hardly vital to running a game. You can totally ignore it if you want.

Yeah, I think that isn't as good as the old background.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    some of the Atlantis shit is annoying with new Mage because it's written right into the game mechanics, you gotta do a little bit to rip it out of there.

Pony on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    My book's pages still turn, so I will stick with the old rules.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    new Mage has a lot better rules for the magic than old Mage

but it got rid of Paradigms and brought in all this faggoty Atlantis shit

disappoints me. disappoints me greatly.

You know you could probably just ignore the Atlantis thing and everyone has their own way of doing their magic right

Atlantis is pretty much "who the fuck cares"

Me Too! on
    edited June 2009
    So I'm going through the Scion: Hero book more slowly now that I'm not exhausted

And I'm reading some of the powers

There's one called Epic Appearance

Basically because your God parent is really really pretty so are you and people want you inside them/to be inside you

Sweet

Me Too! on
    edited June 2009
    Okay, look, FUCK the sewer level.

I get it, motherfuckers have been down there for over a hundred years, but FUCK that shit. I'm typing this post as I wait for my Goddamn health to regen! That Tscieitistiesitizie or whatever mother fucker went down like a BITCH, but this sewer shit is frustrating as HELL.

Edit: Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum Revolver with fan mode, you are my only friend.

Let us run away together and shoot horrible mockeries of creation.

sarukun on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    sarukun wrote: »

I get it, motherfuckers have been down there for over a hundred years, but FUCK that shit. I'm typing this post as I wait for my Goddamn health to regen! That Tscieitistiesitizie or whatever mother fucker went down like a BITCH, but this sewer shit is frustrating as HELL.

preaching to the fucking choir, buddy.

also, gangrel are fucking VICIOUS in melee.

Metzger Meister on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

it mars what is an otherwise fantastic game and I hate it everytime I play

PiptheFair on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    loving my malk playthrough. obfuscate fucking rules

all slitting 8 throats in a row
    I have a mac now. But I used to really like this game.

:( WOE

install boot camp! i'm playing it on a mac :)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

it mars what is an otherwise fantastic game and I hate it everytime I play

The impression I got in that level was the developers decided I'd been having too much fun and wanted to take me down a peg.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited June 2009
    -console

noclip

voila

DarkPrimus on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Seeing as there's people here who know about the original WoD and it's reboot, could someone explain to me the basics behind each? The most I know about either have been playing the two V:TM games.

Owenashi on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How are this game's system requirements

you pigfuckers are making me actually consider getting it :<

Charles Kinbote on
    edited June 2009
    Like what do you want to know because there's a metric shitload to explain with oWoD and three quarters of one for nWoD

Me Too! on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

it's a pretty old game, dude.

Metzger Meister on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

can you run HL:2?

PiptheFair on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular