As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rorschach in extended 300 trailer

• ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    natxcross wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    They're going to set it in 1985.

Really? Hrrm.

I'd still rather see a new story than a cramming attempt at the existing one.

The whole cold war thing is a huge plot point. You leave that behind and it's not the same story any more. You can't toss in some bullshit about terrorists and expect it to work.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • PillsAreNicePillsAreNice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bruce Campbell as the old Comedian.

Adam West as Nite Owl I? Perfect. You should e-mail Zach Snyder that idea, and you know, have him ignore you.

PillsAreNice on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    See my game reviews at: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=strangegamer
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    Jeff Goldblum as Nite Owl II

Garlic Bread on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Are they still using Hyter's script?

Because Moore said that was as close to perfect as a Watchman movie could ever be. I even think they got pirate story in it.

Bloods End on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    nope, they threw it away

Garlic Bread on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE

Bloods End on
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    nope, they threw it away

Are you saying that because that's what happened, or just to be a jerk?

Ethan Smith on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    nope, they threw it away

I'm going with 'jerk'.

Furu on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    nope, they threw it away

No, they really did pass on it.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • natxcrossnatxcross Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Proto wrote: »
    natxcross wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    They're going to set it in 1985.

Really? Hrrm.

I'd still rather see a new story than a cramming attempt at the existing one.

The whole cold war thing is a huge plot point. You leave that behind and it's not the same story any more. You can't toss in some bullshit about terrorists and expect it to work.

Oh, I agree. I also think that if you take enough of it out to get it into two hours it's also not the same story any more. I mean, which huge plot points are we going to lose?

I understand some people are still optimistic about this film, and good for them. I'm just not - I'd rather see something different done, y'know? If they came up with a new story in the same style, not only could they avoid leaving out somebody's favourite part, but they could also get in everything important to their story, and also not bore me to tears while I'm watching it :P

natxcross on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If he's going all out as he's stated he's doing (an R-rating, for example) I'd hope he'd go the 3+hour route, so long as it's handled right.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited March 2007
    nope, they threw it away

when the fuck am i a jerk

Garlic Bread on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    nope, they threw it away

when the fuck am i a jerk

You're okay by me Keith.

You fucking asshole.

Munch on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Your sig is Sam Kinnison.

In Koala form.

You could be raping my mother and I still couldn't be mad at you.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2007
    you know what's gonna get cut

Doc Manhattan being naked

after seeing 300 I really doubt it

DJ Eebs on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Geebs wrote: »

Yeah nudity is not an issue with this guy.

Furu on
    edited March 2007
    Geebs wrote: »

was there a lot of naked dude

'cause i totally didn't want to see 300

Garlic Bread on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    There are a lot of bare chests, male and female. Not much bare below the belt, though, except a brief shot of Gerard Butler's heiny.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why are people so curious if Doc Manhattan is going to go full frontal. Was it really that integral to the story?

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's ART

You wouldn't understand it

Wildcat on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I wonder how many dicks are going to ruin the Rorschcach reveal for newcomers by yelling, "That's Rorschach!" when they see him in his civilian form.

Or will we be protected by the fact that most people are probably not entirely sure how to pronounce Rorschach?

Has not knowing something ever stopped people from being dicks?

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why are people so curious if Doc Manhattan is going to go full frontal. Was it really that integral to the story?

When he first appears in full form, those people aren't scared b/c some glowing blue dude just popped up out of nowhere. They're terrified of blue cock.

KalTorak on
  • Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I liked the V for Vendetta movie, I got a portion of the comic book with my DVD and wasn't that impressed with it. I like what Moore did but not really how he did it... I don't know. Also, Moores elitism annoys me. Evey being a prostitute? Eh... Also, who cares if "eggy in a basket" isn't real? Get over it, mb? We'll see.

Regicid3 on
    edited March 2007

Yes

He gradually wore less and less clothing, symbolizing how he was distancing himself from humans

Garlic Bread on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Regicid3 wrote: »
    I liked the V for Vendetta movie, I got a portion of the comic book with my DVD and wasn't that impressed with it. I like what Moore did but not really how he did it... I don't know. Also, Moores elitism annoys me. Evey being a prostitute? Eh... Also, who cares if "eggy in a basket" isn't real? Get over it, mb? We'll see.

What would make you consider Moore an elitist?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I'd be annoyed if my work was gutted like a fish. But I'm just elitist, I guess.

Crimsondude on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Or a magician!

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Briareos wrote: »
    There are a lot of bare chests, male and female. Not much bare below the belt, though, except a brief shot of Gerard Butler's heiny.

And what a magnificent heiny it was.

Anyway, in the comic half the Spartans were butt nekkid, so I can see him cutting Doc Manhattans nudity.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Yes

He gradually wore less and less clothing, symbolizing how he was distancing himself from humans
    Also it sends the message "I'm fucking ripped, dude. I'm not hiding from anything and I'm not afraid of anything because I am practically God."

TM2 Rampage on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

No, but it was integral to our enjoyment.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • MajidahMajidah Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Moore gets pissed when people change his work because, like all authors, he put everything in for a reason. (yes even all the britishy-tea&bangermashy-ness)

The artists who make the movie, are also making all the revisions for a reason. The conflict can only be settled with a Deathrace:2007!

Majidah on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Evey isn't a prostitute. She's a scared little girl who goes out to whore herself for the first night ever because she can't pay her bills. Didn't you notice how clumsily she solicited the guy she came across? (He even remarked on it.)

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Majidah wrote: »
    Moore gets pissed when people change his work because, like all authors, he put everything in for a reason. (yes even all the britishy-tea&bangermashy-ness)

The artists who make the movie, are also making all the revisions for a reason. The conflict can only be settled with a Deathrace:2007!

Sometimes that reason is pandering.

They got the whole facism = bad angle, but they cut out the scary anarchy shit to pander to a middle class liberal audience.

august on
  • tehfalconertehfalconer moonrocks in my noseRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    extremely integral. i guess some guys just have penis envy

/Freud to the rescue!

tehfalconer on
    ... you will be the falcon, and I shall remain... The Falconer!
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    august wrote: »
    Majidah wrote: »

Sometimes that reason is pandering.

They got the whole facism = bad angle, but they cut out the scary anarchy shit to pander to a middle class liberal audience.

I'm glad someone pointed it out.

People werent supposed to rejoice at the idea of V bringing down the government. It was supposed to be thought provoking, it was supposed to make the reader think, "Oh.. thats.. pretty screwed up. But its for a good reason, right? Maybe?"

V's solution was not inherently better than the problem he was trying to solve; however, it had the potential to be better.

CangoFett on
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Yes

Ok, that doesn't mean his dong has to make an appearance. i don't think it was gradual either, he had his goofy helmet thing and briefs, then he was floppin in the wind. granted, time had passed...

Dr. Frenchenstein on
    edited March 2007

Yes

Ok, that doesn't mean his dong has to make an appearance. i don't think it was gradual either, he had his goofy helmet thing and briefs, then he was floppin in the wind. granted, time had passed...

I believe he went from full costume with helmet to shirt and pants to sleeveless shirt and speedo to speedo to bluedong

Garlic Bread on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Yes

I believe he went from full costume with helmet to shirt and pants to sleeveless shirt and speedo to speedo to bluedong

I'm less concerned with the speedo and more concerned with whether they keep in the scene where he tries to have a threesome with Laurie and himself.

KalTorak on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    KalTorak wrote: »

Yes

I'm less concerned with the speedo and more concerned with whether they keep in the scene where he tries to have a threesome with Laurie and himself.

And then she runs out and there's a third one carrying on some chemistry experiment.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    I wonder how many dicks are going to ruin the Rorschcach reveal for newcomers by yelling, "That's Rorschach!" when they see him in his civilian form.

Or will we be protected by the fact that most people are probably not entirely sure how to pronounce Rorschach?

Has not knowing something ever stopped people from being dicks?

The two police officers have a scene where they pronounce his name phonetically ("Why would I want Raw Shark?") .

I am pretty sure that they'll heavily announce all the names of the costumed adventurers just so they can make a killing come Halloween (Thus using capitolism to not only mock the central themes of the original, but literally sell the opposite values...).

durax on