As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

World War Hulk Thread: Don't Be Fucking Ninnies

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Was that Captain America's shield near the end?
    You mean just to the right of the screen when Hulk is getting tackled by the FF? If so, I don't think so, it was all spiky.
    Unless in prison Cap goes all Penance!

Wildcat on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    You mean just to the right of the screen when Hulk is getting tackled by the FF? If so, I don't think so, it was all spiky.

You better hope Paul Jenkins doesn't read this and get himself another smart idea.

Bogart on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Strange was stealing Cap's schtick, I did notice that.

Fencingsax on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Imagine innocents are like puppies.

Hulk doesn't wanna hurt us because, as pissed off as he is, he has no reason to hate us.

Ultimate Hulk, however, would rape you and eat the puppy.
    Or vice versa.
    That right there is how 616 should be in WWH

Sentry: Dear GOD! What the hell are you doing to my dog!
    Hulk: Muhaha!
    *PWNS Sentry*

Of course the mere presence of Sentry probably make Hulk too stoned to even move, but yeah

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • VerdancyVerdancy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I just don't see why this is interesting. He becomes the same as Sentry, where the only way he can lose is through some literary deus ex machina. There are a billion ways to destroy him with mildly creative use of the heroes' powers, but since no one wants to destroy him they never bother.

Superman characters are more boring in fight scenes because they are versatile as well as powerful. Hulk/The Flash are one-trick ponies, even if they have infinite capacity in their given area of expertise, that doesn't make them all-powerful. It's perfectly possible to write interesting stories about the Sentry/etc anyway, as long as they don't focus on fight scenes. The problem is when they appear in crossovers/teams and overshadow everyone. The Hulk and the Flash and so on, being more limited, don't have this problem.

In any case, Planet Hulk managed to introduce tension by bringing in weaker allies the Hulk had to protect, and most of the drama was about whether he would save the world, rather than if he could.

Verdancy on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    As seen in the hero tournament, Flashes are definitly a problem due to the infinite ways infinite speed can be used - phasing, huge damage, an ability to avoid damage to the point of being invincible (Flash can be shot from behind without warning, and still be fast enough to start phasing when he feels the bullet hit him), etc.

If the current Hulk arc was just him hitting the king til he fell over, it'd suck. It's cool because of the scale of the story and the other characters, not just Hulk's strength. Before Planet Hulk I really had no interest in him.

Scooter on
  • CowbombCowbomb Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Anybody else notice Black Bolt in the scene where Hulk's bearing down on Iron Man?

Couldn't he just whisper and blow his hand off?

I guess Black Panther & Storm arn't going to be on the FF for very long at any rate.

Cowbomb on
    sig.gif
  • blackranger3dblackranger3d Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Cowbomb wrote: »
    Anybody else notice Black Bolt in the scene where Hulk's bearing down on Iron Man?

Couldn't he just whisper and blow his hand off?

I guess Black Panther & Storm arn't going to be on the FF for very long at any rate.

That whisper would then spread out and destroy a couple city blocks.

blackranger3d on
    BOOM SHACK A LAKA
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Like there wasn't enough reason to be excited about WWH: In the trailer you see Doc Strange engaging the Hulk at point blank range magic style! I have -got- to see how that works out! Thanks to wwtmask for the link :)

Caveman Paws on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's hulk's shield. There's one panel where you're viewing what I assume to be Hulk from the back, and he's got a shield on one arm.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Just read Hulk #104.

Well...

Now we all know what Hulk is really angry about.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I just read it too and holy crap

This fucking tears it

Illuminati bitches are going down

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2007
    I'm confident that the Illuminati didn't do that on purpose.

I'd assume they'd know he'd survive it.

DJ Eebs on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Can someone gimme the spoiler on that?

august on
  • JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The warp core from the original spacecraft the Hulk arrived on Skaar in suddenly undergoes a breach. With only seconds to spare, the Hulk tries to toss it as far as possible. It goes nuclear, and appears to wipe out the entire capital city.

Oh, and Hulk got his wife pregnant. Now, Caiera is damn tough, but the explosion is massive, and the Hulk looks like he's trying to shield her with his body. The baby's survival may be adversely effected by exposure to all that massive energy, but I'm not sure. The story hangs right as the explosion goes off over the city.

Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

- General Ferdinand Foch
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thanks.

That's pretty bad.

august on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Wait wait wait...

She took Hulk penis? Is that possible?

DarkWarrior on
  • JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    They showed her kneeling next to Banner last issue...she just about dwarfed him. Yes, I'd say it's possible. Now, would any bedroom furniture survive the two of them getting frisky? Im-fucking-possible.

Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

- General Ferdinand Foch
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wait wait wait...

She's almost as powerful and invulnerable as he is. They got into a fist-fight a few issues ago and she was holding her own, and she also took what looked like a nuclear blast without getting hurt. I know a nuke blast isn't equal to a 'smashing' from the Hulk, but she's still pretty tough.
    Although, yeah... I don't think she makes it through the warp core detonation. I don't think any of Hulk's friends do, either.

And things were going so well...
    Geebs wrote: »

Oh no, it certainly wasn't on purpose. It was just a terrible, horrible accident.

That won't stop the Hulk from trying to feed them their own faces, though.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Wait wait wait...

She's almost as powerful and invulnerable as he is. They got into a fist-fight a few issues ago and she was holding her own, and she also took what looked like a nuclear blast without getting hurt. I know a nuke blast isn't equal to a 'smashing' from the Hulk, but she's still pretty tough.
    Although, yeah... I don't think she makes it through the warp core detonation. I don't think any of Hulk's friends do, either.

And things were going so well...
    Geebs wrote: »

Oh no, it certainly wasn't on purpose. It was just a terrible, horrible accident.

That won't stop the Hulk from trying to feed them their own faces, though.

Hold up...
    Sorry if I'm speaking out of a lack of knowledge, but I managed to look through the last issue and it showed Hulk's bug-friends finding the spaceship with the video from the Illuminati and I'm pretty sure one of them said something to the point of 'Well, this oughta remind him to be ticked off.' So, do they try to show him the video or was what happened in this issue a real accident or more like their 'reminder'?

Owenashi on
    edited March 2007
    An interesting thought, but...
    I don't think that was the case. Miek (the big bug dude) showed Hulk the message to try and tick him off, but afterwards Caiera managed to calm him down and convince him to turn his strength towards making the world a better place. Even Miek seemed to be won over by this, thinking that maybe what happened to his people was for some greater purpose.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • blackranger3dblackranger3d Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hulk smash baby.....

Hulk smash.

blackranger3d on
    BOOM SHACK A LAKA
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Anyone know when a trade'll be available for Planet Hulk?

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Just read 104...

HOLY SHIT Hulk is gonna be pissed!

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • CBG BlenderCBG Blender Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    So far, Planet Hulk has been excellent. I've really been liking the direction Hulk has been going in. However, I think I won't be able to help but be disappointed if
    Hulk's wife dies/loses the baby. I know something has to get Hulk mad enough to go home, and that's the only thing I can think of severe enough. I'd just hate to see the loss of a cool character, plus the potential for a supremely badass son-of-Hulk later on down the line.

CBG Blender on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think Hulk would still be upset if his son and wife survive but the people in the city don't. Hulk hates humies, not pinkies and insect dudes.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man, I hope the Hulk baby survives.

Mainly because "Lone Hulk and Cub" would be so much fun.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited March 2007
    I'm thinking that Hulk's going to be the only thing left once the smoke clears. It makes for the perfect tragedy - all those characters, all their different personalities and goals and relationships to the Hulk, all snuffed out. It's just the thing to get the Hulk really pissed off.

Whatever the outcome, I can hardly wait for issue 105 to come out. Planet Hulk has been one of the best story-arcs I've read in a long time.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited March 2007
    If they are all dead, Hulk's gonna straight planet hop back to Earth. There's gonna be a string of worlds that are slightly off orbit for no apparent reason, it'll drive Reed insane.

Malkor on
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Man, I think that the writer's choice to sacrifice all that Hulk has created and sustained on that planet just to get Hulk to come back to earth is not a good idea because...

Oh I get it, "World Breaker"

Wow, man, I hope the warbound survive. But since I haven't seen any pictures of them in any of the upcoming solicits I think that they don't, wow I am so pissed.

Oh I get it.

graizur on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    If they are all dead, Hulk's gonna straight planet hop back to Earth. There's gonna be a string of worlds that are slightly off orbit for no apparent reason, it'll drive Reed insane.
    Oh and like the Hulk litterally shoving Reed's head up his ass and using him as a basketball won't contribute to that insanity at all.

Thomamelas on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Oh and like the Hulk litterally shoving Reed's head up his ass and using him as a basketball won't contribute to that insanity at all.

That is too awesome for words.

Crimsondude on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd like to see Hulk actually tear Reed in half. You can't tell me a scene like that wouldn't have more impact than anything else that month, and Hulk will have to do something completely unprecedented to stress that this isn't just another Hulk rampage.

And of course, he'd survive and eventually figure out a way to fix himself a few months later after the conclusion of the event.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd like to see Hulk actually tear Reed in half. You can't tell me a scene like that wouldn't have more impact than anything else that month, and Hulk will have to do something completely unprecedented to stress that this isn't just another Hulk rampage.

And of course, he'd survive and eventually figure out a way to fix himself a few months later after the conclusion of the event.

Eh. When Doomsday ripped (edit) Plastic Man in half, it was... underwhelming.

Crimsondude on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Guys, I added some new preview pics to the first post.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited March 2007
    Sally Floyd better not bitch at Hulk at the end of this.

Malkor on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sally Floyd better not bitch at Hulk at the end of this.

"You live in a fantasy world, Hulk. You're out of touch with the common people. When was the last time you bought Pokemon cards? Or stared at a Girl's Gone Wild compendium? Do you even know who won the last UFC tournament? These days, Hulk, you're nothing but a sweet mercy my ovaries!"

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

what the hell is Sue doing with her bubbles? Protecting Thing's junk?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »

what the hell is Sue doing with her bubbles? Protecting Thing's junk?

That's what I thought when I saw it. Hmm, why would Sue be so interested in protecting the Thing's 'rocks'.

... Hmm, interesting.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The art on some of those preview pictures is terrible. The first one, with the Hulk fighting the Thing while the jounalist dude cowers is horrendous.

Actually, now I look at it again it isn't as bad as I thought. I think the fact the Hulk has his arm in a weird position is throwing the proportions out of wack.

Some of the other pictures look really....90s though.

Deicist on
This discussion has been closed.