As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CoX] In Bizarro World, Defenders Get Buffs

• ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Anyone want to do an afternoon LGTF? We have four people right now. 45+ co-op TF for those that don't know.

Edit: Just started

Arcas on
    edited June 2009
    Positron posted a snippet of whats to come in i16. Link here.
    So there has been some speculation on the boards about the content of Issue 16, and its relationship to the Going Rogue expansion. Due to some poor link naming in the initial Going Rogue email, many of you are under the mistaken impression that Issue 16 will be Going Rogue.

I am here to set the record straight. Issue 16 is NOT Going Rogue.

But I can give you guys a hint at what Issue 16 WILL be all about:

purple_fire_control.jpg
    blue_fire_dominator.jpg

More info on Issue 16 will be coming in July!

Arcas on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    them finally doing power customization? I don't get it

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • LepLep Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Pretty much.

Lep on
  • flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    VEATs are awesome, Kheldians not so much. They can be fun to play but they are pretty terrible. They make ok tanks(dwarf form) and ok blasters(nova form) and the vast majority of their human form powers are bad.

pfft, it was all about my IOed out dark squid with 3-4 fluffies annihilating everything :)

flammiebc on
    Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I am kinda tempted to level my warshade, but, ehhhh

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is that a demon summoning power set?

CyberJackal on
  • GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've been so busy lately guys. I've been on interviews in every time zone but Mountain. I think I'll be settling in some in the D.C. area within the next month and I should be more ingame starting then.

Also kudos on making a new thread without my prompting.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Looking at the filenames on the pictures, you've got purple_fire_control.jpg and blue_fire_dominator.jpg.

see317 on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If I wanted to resub and muck about for a bit, what's the best way at the moment?

I'm 90+ days inactive.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2009
    I can send you a resub code if you want

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    see317 wrote: »
    Looking at the filenames on the pictures, you've got purple_fire_control.jpg and blue_fire_dominator.jpg.

D'oh, of course. I forget some times that the little imps are monkeys under all that fire.

Ghost: You're coming to DC? Welcome to the area. The weather isn't usually this bad.

CyberJackal on
    edited June 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »

How's that work? Send one my way sure.

I have characters on Virtue but I can't remember which ones. :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »

How's that work? Send one my way sure.

I have characters on Virtue but I can't remember which ones. :lol:

You PM me your email, and I send you a serial code to plug in, and we both get 15 free days out of it (you have to pay for at least a month to get them though.)

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ghostalker wrote: »
    I've been so busy lately guys. I've been on interviews in every time zone but Mountain. I think I'll be settling in some in the D.C. area within the next month and I should be more ingame starting then.

Also kudos on making a new thread without my prompting.

Figures you'd move in a month after I move out!

Scooter on
  • Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Arcas wrote: »
    Positron posted a snippet of whats to come in i16. Link here.
    So there has been some speculation on the boards about the content of Issue 16, and its relationship to the Going Rogue expansion. Due to some poor link naming in the initial Going Rogue email, many of you are under the mistaken impression that Issue 16 will be Going Rogue.

I am here to set the record straight. Issue 16 is NOT Going Rogue.

But I can give you guys a hint at what Issue 16 WILL be all about:

More info on Issue 16 will be coming in July!

Holy shit, power customization. Somehow, I get the feeling that the new options are going to be limited to colors, but it's definitely a good thing. Maybe later we'll get stuff like animation choices and custom MM minions.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    OOooooooooOOooooh

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited June 2009
    Resubbed. What have I done.

@Bakdu in game, made a willpower/stone tanker last night. Now my brother is resubbed, and we're going to level pact. Which should work well, since we will be playing randomly and have wildly different work schedules.

Now I'm thinking about making a new duo concept with him, god dammit.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • exitexit Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    thanks for that OTF! it really was nice to have people determined to finish a damn thing, after that piece of shit manticore.

exit on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    sorry for vanishing powerleveler, crashed again and didn't feel like loading it back up.

Morkath on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I must force my friends to start playing this game again.

Kay2 on
  • SwaggerSwagger Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone know how to copy powersets across ATs in Mids? What I want to do is clone the Archery and TA sets from defenders (or blasters/controllers) and put them in for Corruptors. I've done it before, but I can't remember how I did it. I know how to open up the database editor and I remember I'm supposed to clone the sets but I'm not seeing how I did it.

Also out of curiosity, if you took a blaster primary and put it on corruptors, would Mids automatically scale the damage down?

Swagger on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Do I need to purchase a copy of the game to do the 10-day free trial, or will there be a trial client available for download?

I want to try this shit. Someone PM me, yo.

Silas Brown on
    edited June 2009
    Client comes with the trial. PM me your email and I'll send a trial.

Arcas on
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I cant seem to remember how to make a bind to select a teammate and then activate a buff. I have them on my Kin Corr but I can't remake them for my sonic

/bind numpad 1 teamselect 1 $$ powexec_name sonic barrier

thats what I think it should be, it selects the teammate but the power doesn't activate >.<

Trus on
    qFN53.png
    edited June 2009
    Can anyone recommend some good reading for a beginner while I wait for this thing to take over 4 hours to download and install?

Silas Brown on
    edited June 2009
    It should be /bind numpad1 "teamselect 1$$powexec_name sonic barrier"

Arcas on
    edited June 2009
    So I'm doing some reading up on the game, and I'm noticing that it seems Heroes and Villains play in largely separate areas. I'm not big on PvP, but is it possible for Hero players and Villain players to face off? That would be exciting.

Silas Brown on
  • NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I'm doing some reading up on the game, and I'm noticing that it seems Heroes and Villains play in largely separate areas. I'm not big on PvP, but is it possible for Hero players and Villain players to face off? That would be exciting.

There are a few zones in the game that are set aside specifically for PVP. The first one you can get into opens up when your character reaches level 15.

Heroes and villains are also able to team up in certain zones later on in the game.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Be forewarned though, I would hesitate to say PvP is really a strong suit of CoX. Or even really good in any way at all.

It's just not a game that was designed with PvP in mind.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • LoxleyLoxley Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I got the bug once again and reactivated, created a shiny new Dark Armor/Claws scrapper to dick around with. Quick question though since it's been a while; are there any abilities in either of those powersets that I should avidly avoid, or are absolute "must-haves" and should get ASAP?

Loxley on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009
    Dark Armor is pretty bad in general so pick whatever.

Tube on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i've got a claws/da scrapper, s'alright for them

really, really bad for brutes though

like, really bad

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited June 2009
    So I created a villain and finished the tutorial. Okay stuff so far. The interface is a little rough, but maybe it just takes some getting used to.

I'm having a bit of trouble joining the Penny Arcade channel, though. I'm doing as the OP suggests: "/chanjoin 'Penny Arcade' and then enter, and then right-clicking a chat tab and "joining" the channel. But it never shows on my list joined channels. oO

Silas Brown on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dark Armor is sub-optimal for Brutes, but it's great for Tanks and Scrappers. Okay for Stalkers, though they're better off with +def sets, and Dark Armor is a +res/heal/mez defensive set.

Claws/DA can have some solid ST and AoE, but it'll take a while to mature. You're probably best off going for single-target attacks (don't forget Follow Up, it's great), defenses as you need them (Obsidian Shield as soon as it's available, Murky Cloud if you're going to fight Clocks as the Endurance Drain protection is great) and snag Dark Regen as soon as, and slot it as a priority. It's the cornerstone of the set, from 16-35.

Once you hit 22, or have a plethora of slots for AoE attacks, you could respec into an AoE/ST build, and pick up Spin, Eviscerate (which I don't like, but lots of people do), Shockwave (which I love, but lots of people hate) and Death Shroud.

Kay2 on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I created a villain and finished the tutorial. Okay stuff so far. The interface is a little rough, but maybe it just takes some getting used to.

I'm having a bit of trouble joining the Penny Arcade channel, though. I'm doing as the OP suggests: "/chanjoin 'Penny Arcade' and then enter, and then right-clicking a chat tab and "joining" the channel. But it never shows on my list joined channels. oO

I don't think you can join PA chat in trials, can you?

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    yeah you can't really do shit on a trial

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited June 2009
    oh that explains it. i was wondering why no one could hear the words coming out of my mouth.

i'll try the game for a little longer. it's got some cool things going for it, but it's not really immediatly grabbing me.

Silas Brown on
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    oh that explains it. i was wondering why no one could hear the words coming out of my mouth.

i'll try the game for a little longer. it's got some cool things going for it, but it's not really immediatly grabbing me.

Teaming is key. Teams are fun as hell. Unfortunately it's hard to get on a team on a trial too since you can only speak in local and not broadcast. God I hate those fucking trial limitations.

Gear Girl on
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ok, trials as they stand are there for a friend to show another friend around the game. That's it. They are NOT there for for you run around and play the game by yourself and see what you think.

Why they have them plastered all over the website as a "experience the game for free!" is beyond me. Oh wait, their PR person has an IQ that's pushing 'vegetable.' From the wrong side.

Narbus on
This discussion has been closed.