As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Interest Thread] nWoD

Saint JusticeSaint Justice MercenaryMah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Critical Failures
Hello, fellow CF White Wolf fans! After reading the latest updates in the general WW thread and the V:TM Bloodlines thread over in G+T, I'm in the mood for some nWoD love!

I would definitely prefer Vampire: The Requiem or Hunter: The Vigil but am open to Werewolf: The Forsaken as well if the setting/premise is interesting enough.

This thread is for sharing what flavors of nWoD we're interested in and if we're willing to be an ST in said game. I will update the OP in this thread regularly with a list of forum users names, the game/s they're interested in, and what games they'd be willing to ST.

Include your best days/nights to play so that we can more easily form group/s and also if you have a preference for method of play (IRC, PbP, Maptools, etc.)

If we get a Vampire or Hunter game going, I'd be willing to ST depending on when it would be played. At the moment, my best days would be Wed night or Sun night.

And as a conversation starter and thread bumper, feel free to include your latest WoD exploits as well.

Nothing like melodramatic tales ranging between complete success and total humiliation!

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
Saint Justice on

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've been considering a Changeling concept for a pending game, but failing that, I could be convinced to work up a Hunter or even a mortal if that's where interest lies.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd be up for any nWoD game, preferably IRC or something like that, with PbP the pace tends to be glacial and games die too easily.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd be up for a Vampire (preferably VII) or a Changeling game on either maptools or IRC.

PbP games seem to die.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd be up for playing in pretty much any PbP WoD game, although I'd need the ST to remember that I'm a rookie. I've got books for WoD, Vampire, Werewolf, and Promethean but have never played any of them.
    Star Wars has ruined me for any word that ends in "ookie." I always want to put that extra "e" on the end. Damn you, Wookiees!

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Promethean/Changeling/Hunter would be nice, if I had to choose though it would be Promethean.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd be up for playing in pretty much any PbP WoD game, although I'd need the ST to remember that I'm a rookie. I've got books for WoD, Vampire, Werewolf, and Promethean but have never played any of them.

I am in the same boat. However, I am familiar with oWoD, but I haven't done anything with the nWoD.

cytorak on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    Promethean/Changeling/Hunter would be nice, if I had to choose though it would be Promethean.

Hunter would be cool, i've always wanted to try it.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I'd totally be up for a PbP/IRC game. I have books for Werewolf, Vampire and Promethean, I'd prefer WtF or PtC, personally.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Looks like I'll be ST'ing a Vampire: Requiem game. I'll be creating a thread for that soon.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    PbP or IRC?

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It will be IRC and/or Maptools. Setting will be during present day in a major U.S. city. Most likely L.A., Chicago, or New York City.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ooh, depending on the timing, I will either be really happy or kinda disappointed.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ooh, Myth-weavers has WoD sheets now! Excellent. I'm rolling up a Gangrel now.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You should also check this out:

http://www.freewebs.com/shoatm/

Supports WoD, Vampire, Mage, Werewolf, etc.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That's a hell of a lot better than Mythweavers.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Here's what I got so far. Are we brand-new, or do we have some XP to spend?

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm definitely interested, but I'll wait for the thread before cracking the books.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've been reading a lot of VtR stuff, so I'd be interested as well. Especially if the setting chosen is Seattle. Dunno, always thought it would be an interesting city to set a game in.

Anyway, if not, then I'll start writing up a life-challenged individual with a taste for hemoglobin.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It will be IRC and/or Maptools. Setting will be during present day in a major U.S. city. Most likely L.A., Chicago, or New York City.

Color me interested. Can we get a basic one-liner about the game for ideas?

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    ChildeRolandChildeRoland Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Color me interested. Can we get a basic one-liner about the game for ideas?

Also interested. I'd be new to the system, outside of playing V:TM:B:Colons.

ChildeRoland on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You guys will have 50 xp to spend, so you will be between "up and comers" and "established kindred". I'm cool with people using bloodlines in character creation as long as they clear it with me first. I'm currently deciding between Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York City for the location. I may use some supplements for ideas, reference, etc. but I won't need the players to have anything more than the WoD and V:TR core books. Will post a new thread with details later tonight.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Any idea on covenant, or will we be playing cross-faction?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It will most likely be cross-faction, I'm still figuring out what the common thread for the coterie will be.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    What kind of timing are we looking at? Before I get all invested and excited I need to make sure I can play.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Most likely Sunday evenings. May have a few other options, but that's what I'm shooting for.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    =( Guess I'm out.

Delmain on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What timezone? Sunday evening is bad for me, but I'm in California, so what you consider evening might be okay.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'm in Central Standard Time. (10:28 pm as of this post) We'll be shooting for Sunday evenings, most likely starting anytime between 6-8 pm CST. Just about to post new thread about game in a few minutes.

Saint Justice on