As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

• KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    what i have really enjoyed is all the little details in a lot of the quests, the background of the hotel and the sisters and such

also

the conversation options where its clear that vampires are using their powers on you

a nice touch

Kovak on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The post-hotel scene with the sisters is still amazing.
    You really shouldn't read this if you haven't gotten there
    She's arguing with herself, and they depict it so perfectly that it looks like two different people.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have just ordered this off ebay.

Will do a toreador with histories as my first run. Probably exploiting the get lots of xp in character creation glitch since my brothers computer doesn't have the net and I am topo lazy to download the patch right now.

Damn you dudes for making me want to play this again

TrueHereticX on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    She's arguing with herself, and they depict it so perfectly that it looks like two different people.

I noticed this time round that
    jeanette and therese have differently coloured eyes, and tourette has one of each

Tube on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

jeanette and therese have differently coloured eyes, and tourette has one of each
    jeanette has one of each as well does she not?

Metzger Meister on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

jeanette has one of each as well does she not?

i think she does
    i didn't notice therese having differently-colored eyes, though

weird!

also tube is the nosferatu playthrough really that bad? i was planning on going either nosferatu hacker-type next round, or just a gangrel berserker bastard with no regard for killing innocents. do the nosferatu at least get preferential treatment from their clanmates?

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If it's anything like the source material, the Nosferatu should get to know more about everything going on behind the scenes, because they've got eyes and ears everywhere. They just don't let on about it.

Some of the best hackers are usually Nosferatu. (See: Schreck-net)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    Fallout wrote: »
    also tube is the nosferatu playthrough really that bad? i was planning on going either nosferatu hacker-type next round, or just a gangrel berserker bastard with no regard for killing innocents. do the nosferatu at least get preferential treatment from their clanmates?

It's not totally awful, you get a unique haven and a new quest. There's just a lot of dialogue options that you can't use and you have to take the back way into venture towers.

Tube on
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I always liked the emails on some of the computers in the internet cafe that the angry gamers had sent to each other.
    Something along the lines of: "I said cover me not die like a little bitch"

stimtokolos on
  • moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Damn that hotel, it's all just so well done, every little part.

There's another creepy part if you actually look for it:
    On the second floor, in the unlocked bedroom on the left, there is a fire axe hidden behind a couch. The creepy part is this is most likely the very weapon used in the murders described in the papers

Finished the game at least 7 times. Never found that. You are a star.
    So, I'm in the hotel right now, I've been in all 4 of the bedrooms on the second floor, looking with auspex on (it makes it brighter), and I haven't found any axe. What gives?

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hm, it could have been a patch, there are so many it's hard to tell which one it might have been put in on or if it was part of the original game.
    Tube, Pip, are you two running on the 6.2 patch or some other one? Could be the reason you can't find it.

scarlet blvd. on
    edited June 2009
    Oh, that's probably it. I was reading that they put a lot of bullshit in way earlier than you should get it. That would fit the criteria.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    edited June 2009
    It's a good thing that they do make these patches though, God knows what kind of glitches and broken parts of the game people would run into with only Troika's 1.2 patch.

The elevators still sometimes don't work... Therese wouldn't let me leave.

scarlet blvd. on
    edited June 2009
    The most unbearable one I ever ran into was during the Plague-Bearer quest. That was when I got the 1.2 patch. When I went into the sewers, the camera panned out into the stratosphere.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    I ran into one where I apparently had two books of the exact same name, and I had to go put them in the drawer in the haven in Santa Monica, then go all the way back and kill Boris. That one was weird.

scarlet blvd. on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alright playing arcanum now, someone tell me what the fuck I should do about making a character? Any major ways I can gimp myself?

L|ama on
    edited June 2009
    shit I should play arcanum

Tube on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's a good thing that they do make these patches though, God knows what kind of glitches and broken parts of the game people would run into with only Troika's 1.2 patch.

The elevators still sometimes don't work... Therese wouldn't let me leave.

noclip is a good thing to have ready

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited June 2009
    i played arcanum for like five minutes and then quit for some reason, i should do that again. buggy, open-world RPGs are my favorite thing.

still gotta finish deus ex and actually play planescape: torment too. i played it once but i got stuck early on and i don't know shit about 2E and gah.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fallout wrote: »
    i played arcanum for like five minutes and then quit for some reason, i should do that again. buggy, open-world RPGs are my favorite thing.

still gotta finish deus ex and actually play planescape: torment too. i played it once but i got stuck early on and i don't know shit about 2E and gah.

I love the first big city in Arcanum so much.

To the point where the rest of the game gets pretty much entirely overshadowed.

There were some really cool ideas in that game, though, if nowhere near fully realized.

Poorochondriac on
    edited June 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    Alright playing arcanum now, someone tell me what the fuck I should do about making a character? Any major ways I can gimp myself?

If you want to be less combat-oriented, make sure you up your charisma, 'cause there are some combat-centric parts where you're gonna NEED followers to pull the slack.

And for the most part, trying to balance tech and magic will leave you fucked in the latter part of the game. Better to stick with one or the other, so as to get to the powerful shit that you'll need towards the end.

Poorochondriac on
    edited June 2009
    I'm trying a gnome or dwarf (forgot already) dude going fully into tech, not much charisma. Killin' some dogs in a mine atm, the wolf is a bitch though.

L|ama on
    edited June 2009
    In any given RPG, my first inclination is to be as charismatic and speech-based as possible, with thief skills to supplement.

I just find it so much more rewarding to talk my way out of a given situation than to shoot a bunch of dudes. There are plenty of games where you shoot dudes. I wanna literally talk the final boss to death.

Hence my love for Fallout and Planescape.

Poorochondriac on
    edited June 2009
    You must love Wing Commander IV. The final boss is basically a debate competition.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    Okay how do I get shit identified in Arcanum? I got myself a dagger.

L|ama on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Be sure to grab the quest from the ghost in the cave in the area where you start. That one tends to get missed a lot.

Also not entirely sure how to get shit identified. I think Virgil identified all the stuff I didn't make.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited June 2009
    So I just got the heavy clothing on my female malk. What the fuck...lol.

Also: Obfuscate + stealth fire axing someone who's standing in front of another enemy = hilarious. Dude flies like 15 feet and the other guy doesn't give a shit. You swing the axe around your head once, then on the second revolution, clock them on the god damn side of the head. It's awesome.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The most unbearable one I ever ran into was during the Plague-Bearer quest. That was when I got the 1.2 patch. When I went into the sewers, the camera panned out into the stratosphere.

is the game supposed to do something in the sewers

because i just go down there and nothing happens

Kovak on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I just want to say again that the God-damn Warrens quest line can go fuck itself.

sarukun on
    edited June 2009
    Ha, you're still on that?

moocow on
    imttnk.png
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kovak wrote: »

is the game supposed to do something in the sewers

because i just go down there and nothing happens

Yes, but in a very specific place. Chances are you're just not in the right section.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The Nosferatu underground waste-city has got to be one of the coolest environments I've seen in a video game.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    J3p wrote: »
    The Nosferatu underground waste-city has got to be one of the coolest environments I've seen in a video game.

Especially the lake of blood.
    They never explain it in-game, but in the source material those lakes are there to ghoul various bugs and rodents so they'll live forever, become monstrously huge, and be completely loyal to the Nosferatu.

WhiteZinfandel on
    edited June 2009
    I wonder if the Nosferatu hackers post on Hunter-Net. That's a fun thought.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2009
    J3p wrote: »

It is but by that point I'm always so pissed off that I just grumble through it saying "grumble grumble"

Tube on
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm playing as a Brujah. I punch bitches to death.

Wallhitter on
    edited June 2009
    Since they have Presence, you could also talk them to death. Though I'm pretty sure Brujah will be a run when I stop being nice to everyone(my normal protocol) and start collecting spines.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    I'm playing as a Brujah. I punch bitches to death.

Toreador (I think), I punch bitches to death too.

But I do it in bullet time (celerity 5).

Walking between pellets of shotgun blasts.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Jezabel Locke can suck a dick and die. Bitch has killed me more times than I should have suffered through. Blood Buff+Celerity+Auspex and a full shotgun doesn't kill her and then for some reason I just frenzy and get murdered. Fuck her tiny room and short hallway and door that she always blocks when I go to move past her.

Drijen on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Drijen wrote: »
    Jezabel Locke can suck a dick and die. Bitch has killed me more times than I should have suffered through. Blood Buff+Celerity+Auspex and a full shotgun doesn't kill her and then for some reason I just frenzy and get murdered. Fuck her tiny room and short hallway and door that she always blocks when I go to move past her.

That's why I hit her with a fire axe until she died.

Metzger Meister on