As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

so i went to the hospital for the first time ever

ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Social Entropy++
for myself at least

others today 1st: first time ive peed in a bottle, first time ive ever thought i was going to die, first time ive been on a hospital bed hooked up and everything, first IV with some drug i cant remember the name of but made me stop twitching on the bed so much, and also on the way home i felt pretty marveled by all the greenery i saw not sure if it did that to

Diagnosis: heart palpitations and possible anxiety disorder

does anyone want a story? i have to pee first

16kakxt.jpg
Zephyr on

• L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    fuck hospitals

ugh

L|ama on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    First time you pee in a bottle is the first time you live

But yes, if I were you I would definitely try to understand the source of the heart palpitations. They can be a sign of...a whole lot of bad things. Not to aggravate your anxiety ;)

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    when I had to pee in the bottle it almost overflowed

it was several years later before I realised you could stop peeing mid stream

FAQ on
  • TrexyTrexy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    even though i am sure my doctor is a good man
    every time i visit the hospital i feel violated
    even if they just listen to my heartbeat

Trexy on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    aw man that sucks :(
    hospitals are the worst places :(

anxiety disorders can be dealt with though, i had one when i was a kid/probably still have one but i went through therapy and stuff to learn to cope with it/should probably go back to therapy for a refresher course.

beavotron on
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    man whatever was in that IV was good, im all smiling and shit despite reavaulating my belief in the afterlife like an hour and a half ago

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited June 2009
    some sort of sedative i imagine if you were having palpitations and an anxiety attack
    they'll probably try to put you on anti anxiety drugs

so you'll either feel like that all day every day
    or like a zombie
    i felt like a zombie

it was so terrible. i didn't have any feelings whatsoever

beavotron on
    edited June 2009
    FAQ wrote: »

When we were on a school sports trip, a guy I know went up an asked the bus driver if he could pull over on the side of the road so he could pee. The bus driver said no, so he said "okay then I'll just piss in a bottle", and the bus driver was all "yeah sure you will, whatever". So he did, and filled the bottle to about a quarter of an inch from the top. Then the bus driver pulled over and got all angry at him, then he reminded him that he had told him he was going to and it was his own stupid fault. It was pretty funny.

L|ama on
  • IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

How can a man live this long and not ever try to stop peeing midstream?

Iskander on
    edited June 2009
    my father never taught me

FAQ on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I haven't been to a hospital since I was a tiny little kid.

I had pneumonia.

They gave me medicine that tasted like bananas.

ChicoBlue on
    edited June 2009
    Iskander wrote: »

How can a man live this long and not ever try to stop peeing midstream?

just reading it made me immediately try to stop the pretend stream of pee from coming out
    like it's an immediate reaction when i read about someone not attempting to do it.
    so weird.

beavotron on
    edited June 2009
    I literally only found out when I was about 20

FAQ on
    edited June 2009
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I haven't been to a hospital since I was a tiny little kid.

I had pneumonia.

They gave me medicine that tasted like bananas.

penicillin made it so i can't eat banana flavored popsicles without being grossed out :(

beavotron on
    edited June 2009
    The last time I went to a hospital was at the age of seven for something

It was a hospital in Russia. They may have experimented on me.

All I remember is my gran bringing me pancakes.

Iskander on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Just cause you can stop it midstream doesn't mean you're not delaying the inevitable though.

Important lesson to be learned there.

DrZiplock on
    edited June 2009
    I know we've had poop threads before, but I don't think we've ever had a full pee thread? Could this be the start of new territory for SE++?

L|ama on
    edited June 2009
    speaking of poop threads
    when i was a kid, i ate too much junk food so i had to go to the doctor to get poo taken out of me because i was so constipated
    that was an interesting doctor's visit.

beavotron on
    edited June 2009
    pish posh

a pee thread is a step back

Iskander on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You know, I've had pneumonia maybe three or four times, and now I'm thinking maybe that's why I hate bananas

Also hospitals suck. Even good ones, where the doctors are chill and know what they're talking about - you're still sitting on the world's least comfortable bed with a needle in your arm watching reruns of Roseanne while the world's smelliest old person farts in the next compartment.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    edited June 2009
    You know that feeling when you've had to hold in pee for aaaaaages, then finally get to let it out? So good.

Ugh having an IV or other thing stabbed inside me for a long period of time seems horrible. It just makes me think of like... leaning on it wrong and ripping the hole open or shoving it further in or something and uahahgahgugghhhhhhhhhh

L|ama on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I go to the hospital every single day.

GRMike on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Do... do you work there?

Or do you just like hangin' out with folks in ugly pajamas?

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    GRMike wrote: »

You like that prostate check a bit to much in my opinion.

Hunter on
    edited June 2009
    ok i spent a lot of time typin up the story i got autologged out for inactivity, postin this so my story doesnt get botp

edit: alright ok story time

so here it is like 3:30 am im on the reading chillin and maxin eating some pringles, when all of a sudden, bam, i feel a weird irregular heart beat

this has happened before but this time was different, i could feel my heart just go fucking faster and and then i started freaking out which couldnt have helped

so once gaain its 3:30 am i fucking thrust open my dads door and yell "HOSPITAL 911 CALL HOSPITAL MY HEART"

as my dad is throwing himself out of bed i check the mirror and i am fucking incredibly white, i have rosacea for an example and all of it was gone

so my dad turns on the bathroom light to get a look at me while im muttering and freaking out "hospital 911 call" and hes like "youre scaring me youre pale white and your lips are blue oh god go get your shoes" so i get my shoes and cellphone just in case and my dad gets his shoes and we go downstairs to the car

now my experience in the car was probably the worst experience of my life

my hands start going numb, my right hand is on my heart trying to make sure im still beating, and were fuckin speedin out of the parkiling lot right now, i rolled up a window and my dad is like "DEEP BREATHS BREATH CAN YOU BREATH OH GOD DONT DO THIS TO ME DSAVE HIM" and this numbness is now covering my entire hands and movin up my arms as we're in the street barreling to the hospital

now this numbness in my hands means I CANT FEEL MY HEARTBEAT ANYMORE OH GOD and my dad puts his hand to my chest and hes like "ITS OK I CAN FEEL IT JUST BREATHE DEEEP PLEASE GOD DONT DO THIS" and this numbness is in my feet now and also around my chestt, so now its my chest and hands so i cannot feel heartbeat at all and im constantly asking my dad "IS IT STILL BEATING" and hes like "YES PLEASE JUST BREATH TAKE DEEP BREATHES MOVE AROUND JUST"

im like going "oh god oh god im sorry im sorry ill start believing in you again i dont want to die I DONT WANT TO DIE"

the numbness feeling is getting stronger too as we finally make it to the hospital after like driving through 3 red lights for like 9 minutes

we fucking speedwalk right into the emergency entrance and my dad talks and i get put into a wheelchair just muttering to the nurse" cant feel anything so much numbness my heart is beating so fast"

anyway skipping that part i put on the gown and everything and lie on the bed and get hooked up some machines and get those little tube things in my nose that provide oxygen while the nurse asks me questions and shit

i gradually start to feel better after talking to the nurse, i talk to the doctor, then i talk to the nurse again and i go give a urine sample and then i go back and get hooked up to the IV with some relaxation drug and am just told to chill as she gets blood samples for results with the doctor

the results take 1 hour to get back so im just sitting in the bed:
    1st half hour twitching like mad trying to breath normally
    2nd still twitchin like mad but feeling better psychologically

anyway then the doctor says all life signs are normal, blood sample found i need some potassium supplements so i take those nearly coughing them up

and then finally for the next 20 minutes till the doctor gets the diagnosis and eveything im pretty ok got a heart beat ranging from just 75-105 now, and the twitching has finally stopped

then i get the diagnosis and unplug from everything and we leave and here i am

the doctor said that im really fucking thin and that the distance between my heart and my lungs is so small, and that i should pretty much stop drinking anything with caffiene for the next couple months at least, then we got a recommendation for another doctor to check with in 2 days

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited June 2009
    D:!

jesus
    i'm glad you're okay, that is awful

beavotron on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    GRMike wrote: »

You like that prostate check a bit to much in my opinion.

They free!

GRMike on
    edited June 2009
    also apparently i was sweating a lot and my hands were locked but i couldnt feel either because of the numbness

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited June 2009
    man zephyr that was your superpower manifesting itself

you were going to become the flash!

(seriously though don't die dude)

Iskander on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Christ.

Glad you're ok, man.

DrZiplock on
    edited June 2009
    hopefully my mom has insurance still because my dads been unemployed for 6 months so he doesnt now and if she doesnt you know...kinda fucked

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited June 2009
    i've been holding my urge to pee for over two hours and now i've just gone and oh god it felt so gooooood

Iskander on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    walk it off pussy

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited June 2009
    well im fine now just

im really gonna miss cherry coke

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    walk it off pussy

Way to show everybody up.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2009
    few years ago I was in the hospital getting a mole removed off my neck. Family has a history of skin cancer so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

One second I was waiting in line to pay, next second I was in the emergency room with my skull cracked open.

Unknown User on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Zephyr wrote: »
    well im fine now just

im really gonna miss cherry coke

Don't they have a caffeine free version?

JoeUser on
    edited June 2009
    probably tastes like shit

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited June 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    few years ago I was in the hospital getting a mole removed off my neck. Family has a history of skin cancer so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

One second I was waiting in line to pay, next second I was in the emergency room with my skull cracked open.

wh-what?

beavotron on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2009
    fainted like a bitch

Unknown User on