As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

End of Dark Reign *Speculation, but spoilers may come up*

BostonGanglerBostonGangler Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Graphic Violence
I think it goes without saying that eventually Dark Reign has to end. The real question, IMO, is the when, how, and why of it (not where so much). So what do you guys think? How do you want to see it go?
In introducing the whole "The List" series, it was also explicitly stated that this would serve in many ways as the end to Dark Reign, transitioning over to the next major event.

To me, it looks like there are a few prime candidates for how Dark Reign ends, and a few power players who, in some way or another, will have to have their say in the matter.

1. Nick Fury: With the revelation that
SHIELD was a part of HYDRA the whole time
, it seems like this guy's pissed off and ready to go. He has a team behind him, he's the one who's arguably lost the most, and he, perhaps more than anyone else, knows what's at stake and how he has to position himself to put a stop to all of this. Anyone care to speculate what role he'll play?

2. Heroes for Hire:
Apparently Luke Cage and Iron Fist will be joining the Thunderbolts.
This makes absolutely no sense to me, so I have to assume that it is part of some larger plan. Thoughts?

3. Wolverine, Ms. Marvel, Ronin: Their identities were co-opted by Norman. I have to imagine that htat makes all of this even worse, in its own way, and I expect that we'll see them all pretty clearly reestablish themselves as the worthy wearers of their costumes.

4. Spider-Man: At the end of the day, I have to assume that Spider-Man's going to be the one who gets the final word with Norman. That's the way that it should be, at least.

5. Captain America: With Steve Rogers coming back, he seems to be the natural figurehead that a real resistance movement could organize behind. Added bonus is that he is probably the only surfacer who Namor actually respects, so that might work in his favor. Namor's certainly come to his aid against government forces before.

6. Iron Man: As interesting as this current run on Invincible Iron Man has been, I don't see him actually succeeding at his end goal. Eventually, he's going to have to come up and face the fact that none of this could have happened if he hadn't taken the stance that he did in the Civil War in the first place. For all of the people who have ragged on him since Civil War, this is probably his best shot at redemption in their eyes.

7. Fantastic Four: Up until now, they've mostly stayed out of the whole thing--though that seems to be mostly Millar's doing--but their conflict with Osborn is finally heating up with the DR crossover. Personally, I think that it's outright idiotic of Norman to play hardball with them, since he could have kept them on an extremely long leash and probably avoided conflict altogether if he had wanted to.

8. X-Men:
Descriptions of "The List" referenced the fact that, fresh off of Utopia, Norman is feeling emboldened. This must mean that his conflict with the X-Men is a pretty resounding success.
All in all, it seems like the X-Men had enough of their own stuff on their plate, to the point that they probably weren't too inclined to get involved in all of this. It looks like Utopia is about HAMMER taking it to them, though, and, add in the upcoming formation of the Dark X-Men, and conflict is bound to happen.

9. Captain America (Bucky): As far as what I would like to see, this is it. Bucky, realizing that there will always be corrupt individuals like Norman who seek to rule the world and must be... dealt with, realizes the necessity of the Winter Soldier. He resolves that he alone is able and willing to take care of the whole Norman problem, and goes back to WS, at least now knowing that he can finally call the shots. Once Norman's power base is destabilized, Bucky kills him, essentially giving the Marvel Universe a chance to start over, with the combined help of the teams and heroes listed above. In the aftermath, Bucky understands that someone like him (now that he has accepted his role as WS of his own free will) cannot be Captain America, so he gives up the shield, essentially compelling Steve to reassume his old role, however hesitant he may have been. This is one of the only scenarios I can see where both Bucky and Steve come out of everything as better, nobler, and more interesting characters.

BostonGangler on

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

9. Captain America (Bucky): As far as what I would like to see, this is it. Bucky, realizing that there will always be corrupt individuals like Norman who seek to rule the world and must be... dealt with, realizes the necessity of the Winter Soldier. He resolves that he alone is able and willing to take care of the whole Norman problem, and goes back to WS, at least now knowing that he can finally call the shots. Once Norman's power base is destabilized, Bucky kills him, essentially giving the Marvel Universe a chance to start over, with the combined help of the teams and heroes listed above. In the aftermath, Bucky understands that someone like him (now that he has accepted his role as WS of his own free will) cannot be Captain America, so he gives up the shield, essentially compelling Steve to reassume his old role, however hesitant he may have been. This is one of the only scenarios I can see where both Bucky and Steve come out of everything as better, nobler, and more interesting characters.

I missed most of Brubaker's run on Cap, so I just read all 51 issues in the past couple days, and this is the first idea I've heard regarding CA: Reborn that I like. I'm enjoying "Bucky Cap" but I would actually like it to turn out this way.

But, I gotta think it'll be Spider-Man that finally takes down Norman. All of his anger about Dark Reign in Amazing and Logan telling him that he needs to kill Osborn has to go somewhere. Plus, if Harry reconciles with Norman, and then sees Spidey kill him, it'll create a nice synergy with the movie universe, which we know Marvel loves to do. But then again, I'm still 2 or 3 issues behind on Amazing, so I could be completely off-base, depending on where American Son goes.

Hensler on
  • KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I sure do hope it ends soon. I barely read Marvel anymore because I have gotten so tired of all of their titles continually getting caught up in this nonsense.

KyleWPeterson on
  • Blingston HughesBlingston Hughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hensler wrote: »
    But, I gotta think it'll be Spider-Man that finally takes down Norman. All of his anger about Dark Reign in Amazing and Logan telling him that he needs to kill Osborn has to go somewhere. Plus, if Harry reconciles with Norman, and then sees Spidey kill him, it'll create a nice synergy with the movie universe, which we know Marvel loves to do. But then again, I'm still 2 or 3 issues behind on Amazing, so I could be completely off-base, depending on where American Son goes.

There's all that, plus the fact that Marvel still needs to wash away the bad taste of OMD, and what better way to do that than to make Spidey the defacto hero of a major event?

Blingston Hughes on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't think Peter should take down Norman, since that's so typical.

Robos A Go Go on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    But that isn't what the average joe does. The average joe is one punch away from beating the bad guy but that crazy Parker luck means Osborn will fire his gun out of his office and through improbable physics hits Aunt May right as she is about to pray in a church.

In all seriousness, I would really like to see something like Steve Rogers as head of SHIELD, keeping Bucky as Cap. But that might be something like Hal as the Spectre where people (Alex Ross) would never stop talking about him being Cap.

TexiKen on
  • Blingston HughesBlingston Hughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd be willing to bet Tony won't have a huge role in saving the day. Marvel seems pretty content to not redeem him in any way.

Pym, however.. there's a man who could take down some Osborne. Dress the guy up as the Wasp and watch Hank go at him.

Blingston Hughes on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, I don't want to lose Bucky as Cap. It just works so well.
    I hope Steve Rogers comes back and just becomes president or something silly like that.

Ultimately Norman will be his own undoing. I have no doubt that he will snap and pull some crazy goblinyness in front of a lot of people.

In fact it would be kind of cool if this was how the good guys handled the situation. They know his sanity is built on a house of cards. If they played into that you could get a pretty cool little story.

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, the heroes can't very well go after Norman without committing treason, so their options are pretty much limited to waiting for Osborn to go crazy.

Robos A Go Go on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    During a HeroesCon panel I asked Bendis when the shadowy figure Norman used to threaten the Cabal in the Dark Reign special would be revealed, and he said December. For some reason I think his/her/its reveal will signal the end of the Dark Reign, or at least the Cabal.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I want Punisher to kill Norman right before he finishes Parker. Let him go bat sh*t crazy like he did to Swordsman and then right before Norman crucifies Parker BANG! Spidey sits there like WTF!?! and Castle just walks up and puts the rest of the clip into him just to be certain.

And then Voidtry throws the entire planet into the sun.

Psychotic One on
  • BostonGanglerBostonGangler Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I want Punisher to kill Norman right before he finishes Parker. Let him go bat sh*t crazy like he did to Swordsman and then right before Norman crucifies Parker BANG! Spidey sits there like WTF!?! and Castle just walks up and puts the rest of the clip into him just to be certain.

I like it! Fight crazy with crazy! Homicidal maniac with homicidal maniac!

BostonGangler on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm pretty sure that it will be over by the end of the year. That can't come soon enough for me since I'm pretty sour to the whole venture. But funny thing is that I was actually just having this conversation over IM with another user (who doesn't post here much anymore) basically it came down to this.
    mfb: i swear, if Dark Reign ends in a throwdown in Central Park, i'm quitting Marvel for at least a year.
    mfb: yeah, so basically, i'm quitting Marvel for at least a year.
    mfb: i will if DR ends in Central Park.
    mfb: which it will.

Whereas I said
    cd: I'm curious if it will have Norman on his face or back, beaten and about to be hauled off with Obama standing over him and saying "You're fired."
    cd: Because it almost certainly will. Like I said, Hickman and Bendis watch too many fucking movies.

So, that's my opinion (my question was which pose JRJr will draw him in). I figure Norman will go batshit, and get fucked up and outwitted/outplayed by Tony (because Fraction actually DOES have him on a massive redemption path, which he talked about last year just after SI ended) and then DEX/Obama walks in.

Crimsondude on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2009
    it would be fitting with the giant boner Marvel has for obama, yeah, but I'm not sure they give that big "osborne goes down" moment to anything other than either tony or spider-man

DJ Eebs on
    edited June 2009
    It will probably be Tony just to tie into Iron Man 2 next year.

TexiKen on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    But that isn't what the average joe does. The average joe is one punch away from beating the bad guy but that crazy Parker luck means Osborn will fire his gun out of his office and through improbable physics hits Aunt May right as she is about to pray in a church.

If this is what happens I will buy 10 million copies just to see May die again and again.

DarkWarrior on
    edited June 2009
    It could be, but Marvel hasn't really made a habit of doing that kind of thing with characters getting movies. Tony was the dick of the year when the first Iron Man came out, Hulk disappeared basically when the new Hulk movie came out, they don't really change anything when a new Spider-Man or X-Men movie comes out. The most they do is start up a new series, like they did with Wolverine and Iron Man, and those actually work out well for everyone because they tend to be better than what was already there.

Not that it won't happen, because it would tie-in really well with Tony's redemption arc, but there's not all that much of a precedent for it as far as Marvel goes.

DJ Eebs on
  • ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You know, I would love it if the Heroes are unable to defeat Norman. Only for Norman to go so over the top crazy he thinks he is God or something and proceeds to walk into an oncoming train/car/Thor.

Ziggymon on
    edited June 2009
    Man, I don't want to lose Bucky as Cap. It just works so well.
    I hope Steve Rogers comes back and just becomes president or something silly like that.

Ultimately Norman will be his own undoing. I have no doubt that he will snap and pull some crazy goblinyness in front of a lot of people.

In fact it would be kind of cool if this was how the good guys handled the situation. They know his sanity is built on a house of cards. If they played into that you could get a pretty cool little story.

I like Bucky as Cap too, but it's a foregone conclusion that it's going to end. Steve is going to be Cap again, and it's a matter of when. It's more important to me that the transition back leaves Bucky in a good position that is creative, well-written, and actually progresses his character instead of pigeonholing him as a dark, generic, mostly forgotten anti-hero. That matters more to me than getting a few extra issues with him as Cap.

IMO, with Cap off the table, Bucky's most interesting role by far is as Winter Soldier. Specifically, the idea of him operating as a lone wolf whose only allegiance is to Cap (Steve) is intriguing to me. I also think that it could lead to some incredibly interesting team-ups and interactions, as Steve would certainly understand the necessity and ultimate benefit of the path that Bucky has chosen (let's not kid ourselves: Steve's a soldier who operated behind enemy lines in WW2. He knows the necessity of subterfuge and lethal force).

To Bucky, being the Cap symbol is a burden, and one that he's willing to carry because Steve asked him to, but one that I honestly think he would give back gladly in a second if Steve was prepared to take it back. Handled well--and the description that I gave at the end of the original post is the closest thing I've come up with to that, FWIW--I think that Bucky could come out of this a better, more interesting, and more developed character.

BostonGangler on
    edited June 2009
    I figure Brubaker will still have a lot of say in what happens with Bucky, so I figure he won't just disappear if Steve wants the mantle back.

DJ Eebs on
    edited June 2009
    In regards to what will end up following Dark Reign, I'm guessing that the following major event will center on the magical side of Marvel, specifically the Hood, Doctor Voodoo, and Dormammu. It's pretty obvious to me that Bendis isn't setting these plot threads up just so they can serve as window dressing.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited June 2009
    I figure Brubaker will still have a lot of say in what happens with Bucky, so I figure he won't just disappear if Steve wants the mantle back.

True. I'm thinking more long-term: I don't want to see Bucky become Marvel's Kyle Rayner in the grand scope.

BostonGangler on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    A good magic story line would be nice. Dormammu could be intresting if only to have the Captain appear and be like "Didn't I sodomize you with a toilet brush once already?" But I'm still bitter they didn't have Nextwave save the day at the end of the secret invasion. :p

Psychotic One on
    edited June 2009
    In regards to what will end up following Dark Reign, I'm guessing that the following major event will center on the magical side of Marvel, specifically the Hood, Doctor Voodoo, and Dormammu. It's pretty obvious to me that Bendis isn't setting these plot threads up just so they can serve as window dressing.

Yeah, he's made a habit of setting up future events in the Avengers books, so that makes a lot of sense.

DJ Eebs on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

True. I'm thinking more long-term: I don't want to see Bucky become Marvel's Kyle Rayner in the grand scope.

Completely off-topic, but DC's handling of Kyle Rayner? :( FAIL.

I'm also thinking Moon Knight will, hopefully, play into the end of Dark Reign with Vengeance of the Moon Knight and Lockley coming back to pick a fight with HAMMER. I really want to see Marvel push the next Moon Knight series big.

And I'm all for a big, supernatural event in the Marvel universe, which Moon Knight (via Khonshu) and Ghost Rider both getting bigger roles. Marvel does seem more interested in the supernatural as of late, with the Doctor Voodoo series and Strange mini, and despite the undeserved fate of the awesome Captain Britain and MI-13. Let's see those guys have a big role in the event too.

Hensler on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Yeah, he's made a habit of setting up future events in the Avengers books, so that makes a lot of sense.
    Unfortunately, his use of Doctor Strange has been weak from the beginning, so we don't quite know what we'll get.

Fencingsax on
    edited June 2009
    Sacassa has been wanting to do a magical Marvel event for years, and set it up in his Nightcrawler mini series and that Marvel event full of one shots a while back (the Black Knight, Scarlet With, Mystik one). Here's hoping he can get some of that stuff rolling by tagging on to Bendis' mystic stuff.

TexiKen on
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm going to be really disappointed if they just go with the standard "Norman snaps and goes crazy, now everybody knows that he's evil" ending, because it's just so bloody obvious and everybody has been expecting it from day one. I'd like to see them shake it up a bit.

The best ending for Dark Reign i've heard was over on the SA comic boards. Given the amount of attention Norman seems to be giving The Sentry and seems to actually care about Bob (Fuck you to anybody who just thought 'he's just manipulating him' i like my bad guys a little multi-faceted and not just throwing women from bridges). Somebody suggested having Dark Reign end with a throw down in which Norman ends up getting killed while trying to stop The Sentry/Void going batshit insane and destroying the world.

With the final few panels being the grateful public building a statue to commemorated Normans memory and a shot of the Avengers standing in front of it, shaking their heads and walking off one at a time until it's just Spider Man standing there on his own, before collapsing to his knees in front of a big shiny statue of Norman Osborn looking heroic and beloved by the people.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm going to be really disappointed if they just go with the standard "Norman snaps and goes crazy, now everybody knows that he's evil" ending, because it's just so bloody obvious and everybody has been expecting it from day one. I'd like to see them shake it up a bit.

The best ending for Dark Reign i've heard was over on the SA comic boards. Given the amount of attention Norman seems to be giving The Sentry and seems to actually care about Bob (Fuck you to anybody who just thought 'he's just manipulating him' i like my bad guys a little multi-faceted and not just throwing women from bridges). Somebody suggested having Dark Reign end with a throw down in which Norman ends up getting killed while trying to stop The Sentry/Void going batshit insane and destroying the world.

With the final few panels being the grateful public building a statue to commemorated Normans memory and a shot of the Avengers standing in front of it, shaking their heads and walking off one at a time until it's just Spider Man standing there on his own, before collapsing to his knees in front of a big shiny statue of Norman Osborn looking heroic and beloved by the people.
    Holy Christ, that's even worse. That's a badness level like WWH was to Planet Hulk, except we're already starting with Dark Reign.

Fencingsax on
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, Spider-Man has never cared about public opinion. I don't think he'd start now, especially if Norman did something legitimately good to earn that praise.

Also, it focuses way too much on the Spider-Man/Osborn relationship when Dark Reign is supposed to be much bigger than the two of them.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited June 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Unfortunately, his use of Doctor Strange has been weak from the beginning, so we don't quite know what we'll get.

Odds are Bendis wouldn't be writing it. Of all the writers Marvel has, I think Fraction is the one with the biggest name and the right tools to handle a mystic event. I don't see them handing Sacassa the reins to a big event yet since he hasn't had any really high profile work.

Hopefully they'd get Sacassa involved since he's been working that angle for a while. I don't know what his relationship is with the guys in charge, but he's been there a while, so maybe!

DJ Eebs on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I thought we heard this weekend that the cosmic event repercussions were going to start being felt on earth. I can only hope that this means that we'll get a summer event that is helmed by DnA.

As for DR, I just hope it lasts longer than the Initiative.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited June 2009

I'm going to go to the other end of the spectrum and say that just once I'd like to see Sentry have a significant role in an event where he doesn't freak out and run away and/or nearly destroy the world. Probably the one redeeming quality of WWH was the pep talk that Iron Man gave Sentry. It explained why Iron Man had to do what he had to do better than anything else had before or since, and actually gave Sentry a little depth as a character.

Everytime an event happens, it seems like point 5 on the checklist is figuring out a reason to keep Sentry uninvolved. Which is fine, in a sense, but if this is what they were going to do with the character, they never should have brought him back after the original miniseries, and should probably just kill him off now.

On a related note, if this whole thing ends with Sentry throwing Norman into the sun, I'll LOL.

Entirely separate point: I was just thinking, though, that remember how one of the huge points that was made in SI was how this was the first time since Avengers:Disassembled that Cap, Iron Man, and Thor had fought on the same side? It felt a little hollow, since Cap wasn't Steve, but if that's really a big deal to them, and it seems like it is, how much do you want to bet that at some point Steve's going to do the whole "Avengers Assemble!" line and Iron Man, Thor, and Clint are going to spring into action...

As cheesy as that would be, it would be pretty badass at the same time, I think.

BostonGangler on
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Which leads to a retcon of 616 Marvel. All issues starting at number 1. It'll be Marvel's "Infinite Crisis" done right.

But I would love to see Spidey End Norman. Hell, if its "crossing the moral line" for Pete, then just have Spidey unmask as Ben Riley once Norman gets "got".

-"Got" by the way is a 70 urban steet slang meaning "Murdered". And Now you know....

Ticaldfjam on
    edited June 2009
    We really need another DC/Marvel cross over so they can ship Sentry off to his natural habitat, somewhere he'll feel happy.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Maybe him and Superman Prime could be BFFs?

Ticaldfjam on
  • DeJesusDeJesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    hasn't dark reign just been the natural evolution of the status quo since civil war really? they just changed who was in charge. heroes like spidey and cap have been underground and outside the law since then. they just stuck a more villanous villan in the #1 spot i.e. osborn. The thing is a huge money maker. how do you add a 4th avengers book tha people will buy without sticking a west coast tagh on it? dark reign. how can we make books about all our alist characters while not coming up with new stories for them and keep it fresh? dark reign. how can we add a 19th xmen book? dark reign. Ya i think it gets worse before it gets better for everybody in the 616. And I doubt the next big marvel event crossover actually dethrones goby, cause the man is just the best, worst thing to happen to, since the age of apocolypse.

DeJesus on
    edited June 2009
    DeJesus wrote: »
    hasn't dark reign just been the natural evolution of the status quo since civil war really? they just changed who was in charge. heroes like spidey and cap have been underground and outside the law since then. they just stuck a more villanous villan in the #1 spot i.e. osborn. The thing is a huge money maker. how do you add a 4th avengers book tha people will buy without sticking a west coast tagh on it? dark reign. how can we make books about all our alist characters while not coming up with new stories for them and keep it fresh? dark reign. how can we add a 19th xmen book? dark reign. Ya i think it gets worse before it gets better for everybody in the 616. And I doubt the next big marvel event crossover actually dethrones goby, cause the man is just the best, worst thing to happen to, since the age of apocolypse.
    Well no, because nothing that has happened since then has been particularly organic, Civil War included. That compounded with the absolute stupidity of making Osborn the head of anything, especially in governmental field just makes it ridiculous.

Fencingsax on
    edited June 2009
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Maybe him and Superman Prime could be BFFs?

There we go. Massive crisis happens again Superman Prime and Sentry fight and end up trapped in that reality shattering place fighting each other for all time, and then nobody has to write around Sentry or gets to wheel Superman Prime in to legitimize their threat and have another tired superhero dog-pile fight.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's definitely going to get worse for the heroes, seeing as how Dark Reign is essentially the Spider-Man character journey writ large. My only concern is that they'll cut it short. Iron Man lasted a year (Marvel Time) as head of SHIELD. I'm hoping Osborne gets to stick around longer than that, seeing he's everything Tony was as leader of SHIELD, but without the moral constraints that made Tony an unconvincing antagonist for the Initiative era.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited June 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »
    It's definitely going to get worse for the heroes, seeing as how Dark Reign is essentially the Spider-Man character journey writ large. My only concern is that they'll cut it short. Iron Man lasted a year (Marvel Time) as head of SHIELD. I'm hoping Osborne gets to stick around longer than that, seeing he's everything Tony was as leader of SHIELD, but without the moral constraints that made Tony an unconvincing antagonist for the Initiative era.
    Yes, but he's completely unconvincing as a leader, much less an antagonist. Seriously, he was only really ever a threat to Spidey because he knew who Spider-Man was. Now that that's gone, he's simply not a credible head villain at all.

Fencingsax on