As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Must-see stuff to see at PAX (Like the CTS in Tekken 6)

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited August 2009 in PAX Archive
On the surface, this thread is for everything you guys feel is a must-see at PAX. This primarily means the exhibition hall, but really could be anything at PAX, anything at all.

But really, this thread was spawned because of what I found at this link. Now, I normally don't read Kotaku due to my long-standing (under a year) one-sided feud with Brian Crecente, but this was just too awesome.

Cardboard Tube Samurai in Tekken 6
custom_1245520459960_13188803.jpg

This has been confirmed by Gabe.
Gabe wrote:
http://twitpic.com/7uojn Yes this is for real. Cts costume will be in tekken 6!

So yeah, I can't wait to see that shit at PAX. What about you guys? What is an absolute must-see for you this PAX?

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    BioShock 2 should be there, right?

I neeeeeeeeds it.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've never been a Tekken fan, but I'll be looking forward to seeing the CTS in action.

Since Blizzard had playable demos of SC2 last year, I'm hoping to see playable demos of Diablo 3, that would make my day. Aside from that, seeing the new Wii Zelda, Mario Galaxy 2, NSMB Wii, and Metriod: Other M would be badass imo. Maybe a playable demo of Modern Warfare 2 as well. I also still have hope that ArenaNet will finally come forward with some solid Guild Wars 2 details...

Oh, and a Brawndo booth with 100x more Brawndo in stock then what they had last year. XD

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I really, really hope 5th cell is there with Scribblenauts.

And Rock Band Beatles is pretty much a given.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Firestorm88Firestorm88 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm making a beeline for Scribblenauts once I enter. I'm assuming 5th Cell will be there seeing as they're located in WA and WB is on the list on the PAX main page.

Firestorm88 on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Oh, and a Brawndo booth with 100x more Brawndo in stock then what they had last year. XD

And, you know, some cups to serve it in.

SlickShughes on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i can't figure out why the cts is some sort of demon in the game.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's a skin for Yoshimitsu right?

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
    edited June 2009
    That was my guess. Robotic looking hands, and all.

SlickShughes on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    BioShock 2
    StarCraft 2
    Diablo 3
    Wil Wheaton
    The knuckle crack
    OTRSPOD Episode 3
    SW:TOR (pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease)
    Munchkin tournament

I think I'm the only person on the planet who isn't stoked about RB: Beatles. I really would prefer to just get the DLC. But that's neither here nor there.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
    edited June 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    I think I'm the only person on the planet who isn't stoked about RB: Beatles. I really would prefer to just get the DLC. But that's neither here nor there.

Dude, come one, 3 part harmonies on the vocals. How can you not be looking forward to this?

SlickShughes on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Speaking as someone who attended another gaming related expo in June that shalt never, ever be mentioned in these fine forums I'm more excited to see certain panels. Most notably the GFW Radio AKA 97.5 The Brodeo reunion live recording. Sadly I suspect I'll have to queue for 10 weeks to actually get a seat for it. I better start now then eh? Yes PAX 09 is 10 weeks away. Just let that sink in...

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    For D'toid fans, HAWP just confirmed they'll have a panel on how they do the show they do so well. I hope Papa Burch makes an appearance ^_^

AltDelete on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Dude, come one, 3 part harmonies on the vocals. How can you not be looking forward to this?
    I hate singing? ;)

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Jordman12Jordman12 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I hate singing? ;)

You're not the only one. I rather get the DLC too. As far as singing goes, I think I would make the world go deaf if I start singing.

Jordman12 on
    2015 PAX East Omeganaut
    2016 PAX East Omeganaut

HAIL HATS !!!!!!!

@Jordman12
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Jordman12 wrote: »

I hate singing? ;)

You're not the only one. I rather get the DLC too. As far as singing goes, I think I would make the world go deaf if I start singing.

I think they're kinda pulling a bullshit Guitar Hero move with this game. I don't wanna buy a new game, don't want new instruments, and I don't wanna have to switch games every time I want to play some Beattles songs. If the harmonies are the only major advantage, then I feel a little screwed.

(but I'm still probably going to get it anyway, cuz I'm a sucker!)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited June 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Jordman12 wrote: »

I hate singing? ;)

I think they're kinda pulling a bullshit Guitar Hero move with this game. I don't wanna buy a new game, don't want new instruments, and I don't wanna have to switch games every time I want to play some Beattles songs. If the harmonies are the only major advantage, then I feel a little screwed.

(but I'm still probably going to get it anyway, cuz I'm a sucker!)

The thing is that Apple Records is a bunch of fascists when it comes to giving out Beatles rights, and the game could have never happened if Harmonix took a hardline on letting you export the songs and play I Wanna Hold Your Hand with your grunge band. For the game to happen at all (which is definitely A Good Thing) they had to make some concessions.

And if you don't want the instruments, don't get them.

Raiden333 on
    edited June 2009
    Buying just the software stand alone will almost definitely cost $60. It's got 45 tracks. At 2 bucks a pop as DLC, that's a $90 value. Even if they had grouped it as 4 DLC albums at $20 each, that's still $80. They're all Beatles songs, so I would have bought them all anyway. I have zero problems with this.

SlickShughes on
    edited June 2009
    Buying just the software stand alone will almost definitely cost $60. It's got 45 tracks. At 2 bucks a pop as DLC, that's a $90 value. Even if they had grouped it as 4 DLC albums at $20 each, that's still $80. They're all Beatles songs, so I would have bought them all anyway. I have zero problems with this.

the big problem isn't necessarily the price (although you don't get to choose not to buy all the tracks for less cash). my biggest problem, as i'm sure is an issue for others, is switching discs back and forth. it's bad enough with guitar hero world tour, gh metallica, gh smash hits, and rock band (thank God they let us export rb1 songs!).

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Diablo 3! I will cry if I can't play it.

And you guys of course! It's the once a year I get to see most of you!

eye-shuh on
  • SnoowySnoowy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm hoping for Starcraft 2, The Old Republic, more on Halo Reach, another Red vs Blue animated episode, Zelda Wii, Metroid: Other M, Mario Galaxy 2, a chance to try out Beatles Rock Band, maybe NHL 10 and another awesome concert by JoCo.

Snoowy on
    Snoowii.png
  • CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    WAH WAH WAH I DON'T LIKE GETTING VALUE FOR MONEY AND AN AWESOME GAME, WE JUST WANT TO DO THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN

... ARE YOU GOD DAMN HIGH? CLEARLY NOT. There is WAY more to The Beatles Rock Band than just 45 tracks. 45 extra tracks for Rock Band sounds like a shit idea to me. But the additional gameplay elements like the 3 part harmonies, the psychedelic stages, all of the new artwork and style and the rumoured Beatles career with their progression from the Liverpool underground, the the Ed Sullivan Show, to Yankee Stadium, India and the psychedelic era to finishing with the Rooftop concert all with the story and commentary by the Beatles (most archived but some new from McCartney and Starr), that MAKES this game for me. It has been developed in such a loving and caring way that this game is more than just a Rock Band game, and mixing it with normal tracks would be criminal. They would not suit, it would not work.

So yeah, looking forward to seeing me some Beatles Rock Band. Also Scribblenauts, Starcraft 2/Diablo 3 and Splinter Cell: Conviction. I'd also like to see what some smaller indie devs have, I had so much fun seeing what they had up their sleeves last year. I am still unhappy I can't find that awesome Wasabi/Sushi game I found last year. It was like one of the mini games from Fusion Frenzy but you were little pieces of sushi on a plate trying to get the wasabi on you to become delicious and you had to knock the other sushi off the plate to get them to drop it. Or was that just something I imagined after chugging too many tall boys of Bawls that QB gave me?

CuZZa on
    edited June 2009
    CuZZa wrote: »
    WAH WAH WAH I DON'T LIKE GETTING VALUE FOR MONEY AND AN AWESOME GAME, WE JUST WANT TO DO THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN

... ARE YOU GOD DAMN HIGH? CLEARLY NOT. There is WAY more to The Beatles Rock Band than just 45 tracks. 45 extra tracks for Rock Band sounds like a shit idea to me. But the additional gameplay elements like the 3 part harmonies, the psychedelic stages, all of the new artwork and style and the rumoured Beatles career with their progression from the Liverpool underground, the the Ed Sullivan Show, to Yankee Stadium, India and the psychedelic era to finishing with the Rooftop concert all with the story and commentary by the Beatles (most archived but some new from McCartney and Starr), that MAKES this game for me. It has been developed in such a loving and caring way that this game is more than just a Rock Band game, and mixing it with normal tracks would be criminal. They would not suit, it would not work.

So yeah, looking forward to seeing me some Beatles Rock Band. Also Scribblenauts, Starcraft 2/Diablo 3 and Splinter Cell: Conviction. I'd also like to see what some smaller indie devs have, I had so much fun seeing what they had up their sleeves last year. I am still unhappy I can't find that awesome Wasabi/Sushi game I found last year. It was like one of the mini games from Fusion Frenzy but you were little pieces of sushi on a plate trying to get the wasabi on you to become delicious and you had to knock the other sushi off the plate to get them to drop it. Or was that just something I imagined after chugging too many tall boys of Bawls that QB gave me?

hey, no reason to be an ass about it. "psychadelic stages" will hardly be noticeable, and probably annoying while playing, harmonies have no benefit for the who don't sing, and the rest of the extras are only for diehard fans. you may get tons of value out of it, but for anyone who just wants to play the songs, the game only brings the songlist.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dead Rising 2 is confirmed to not be at PAX! D:D:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/24/dead-rising-2-skips-pax-shambles-to-tgs/

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • SovietMudkipzSovietMudkipz Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Capcom is heartset on blowing off PAX yet again because......?

SovietMudkipz on
    camo_sig.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    Because they can't handle all the awesome.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited June 2009
    Well, and it might be a shade of this...

Raiden333 on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    StarCraft 2
    Diablo 3

Like those are actually going to come out anytime soon...
    Halo 3 ODST
    Forza 3

:D YEAY!
    Left 4 Dead 2

I doubt the crowd is going to be any smaller this year...
    There's not new Fallout this year right?

And hopefully:
    HALO REACH

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    There's not new Fallout this year right?

Well Bethesda does have a booth, and though I doubt its coming out this year, maybe we will get our first look at Fallout: New Vegas that Obsidian is making for them. Maybe at least a video.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    something I'd like to NOT see is lines, but since this is a convention, I suppose that's inevitable isn't it?

Pablo the Penguin on
    edited June 2009
    something I'd like to NOT see is lines, but since this is a convention, I suppose that's inevitable isn't it?

2810660596_3e99b06643.jpg

Yes. Yes it is.

Raiden333 on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    2810660596_3e99b06643.jpg

Yes. Yes it is.

That pic above reminds me of when I was queuing up for the Keynote that was given by Ken Lavine. I didn't get in sadly as I showed up too late but we did have a laugh whilst waiting. I remember one of my cohorts spotting the Giant Bomb crew who were also waiting in line, gesticulating wildly at them and yelling 'LOOK! FAMOUS INTERNET PEOPLE!!!'. Their response was to hide their faces and meekly wave in the hope my friend and everyone else would ignore them. We didn't. See, even in lines you can have fun at PAX. Granted at the expense of harrassing others, but I didn't see any enforcers telling us to stop :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That pic reminds me of the Pictochat wall >:D

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hopefully, Bethesda will have some Elder Scrolls V. They should have some progress now. I assume they had it going in parallel with Fallout 3.

Krathoon on
    edited July 2009
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Hopefully, Bethesda will have some Elder Scrolls V. They should have some progress now. I assume they had it going in parallel with Fallout 3.
    omg, i would orgasm right there all over the exhibition hall floor if i saw es5!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This probably only applies to me, but I really want to see the guys at Bioware/Mythic so I can find out what the future holds for my beloved Warhammer Online! If there is indeed a future. Everyone seems to be obsessed with this Aion crap. :(

I'm excited to see some God of War 3 as well if that might be about!

Frightfully English on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I need to get some hands on time with Mass Effect 2.

I really hope Alan Wake will be there. I've seen the videos, but I'm still not going to believe that game exists until I play it for myself.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Was I the only one last year who spent their entire time on Starcraft 2 listening to the joke replies the units would make? Because when I got a terminal, thats all I did really.

I plan to grab someone from Bethesda and shake them violently demanding why they haven't put out a GotY edition of F3 yet.

RoyceSraphim on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm excited to see some God of War 3 as well if that might be about!

You and me both.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • AliBiteAliBite Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    All my boyfriend and I are going for is the Bungie booth, with Reach and ODST it should be great. :mrgreen: Everything else is just icing.

AliBite on
    Staff Captain - All those gold bars are blinding huh?
    edited July 2009
    AliBite wrote: »
    All my boyfriend and I are going for is the Bungie booth, with Reach and ODST it should be great. :mrgreen: Everything else is just icing.

Now that's what I'm talking about!
    Damn, too bad you already have a Boyfriend. XD Jk'ing.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
This discussion has been closed.